• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Godzilla

The movie didnt blow me away but it didnt dissapoint me either, it delivered exactly on what it had to deliver on, it made complete sense why the heavy human narrative was required, other wise there wouldnt be much content in the movie to begin with.

If thats the Basic Godzilla movie formula i wouldnt mind watching some of the old ones out of curiosity, specialy since i played the G:DaM Melee game a lot when it came out and im curious about the actual battles againts the monsters from the game.

Reactions: Fumako
The movie didnt blow me away but it didnt dissapoint me either, it delivered exactly on what it had to deliver on, it made complete sense why the heavy human narrative was required, other wise there wouldnt be much content in the movie to begin with.

If thats the Basic Godzilla movie formula i wouldnt mind watching some of the old ones out of curiosity, specialy since i played the G:DaM Melee game a lot when it came out and im curious about the actual battles againts the monsters from the game.

Some of the Godzilla movies focus a lot on the monsters but when they do it usually can get a little boring, except for a few cases. But ones like Godzilla's Revenge and Son of Godzilla are just laughably bad really, even though they focus on the monsters and the humans at a more even 50/50 pace, maybe even more heavily on the monsters. Final Wars is good but it still focuses on the humans a loooot, it just has humans fighting mostly instead of talking as much so it's just constant fighting almost, which, like Matt said it can make the fights that are happening lose some of their impact, it's still cool but it's just fight after fight after fight until you reach the last one.

I think I would love to see what they do for the sequel, if it makes enough and gets enough good response to receive one at least. I hope Legendary and Toho can work together to make another sequel in America or at least do a Pacific Rim crossover, that idea just sounds like it would blow my balls off with awesomeness. Although I wonder when and how they would do that since all the Jagers were destroyed in Pacific Rim by the end of it...

If you're curious about sequels to Pacific Rim, Del Toro already had idaes for the next one.
Including a "Fusion" of Jaegers and Kaiju.

I also would love for a Pacific Rim & Godzilla crossover.
Dude. Gipsy Danger 2 and Godzilla brofisting would be the hypest shit ever.
Plus, it'd mean Pacific Rim Kaiju & Jaegers in the inevitable new Godzilla Fighting Game!

If you're curious about sequels to Pacific Rim, Del Toro already had idaes for the next one.
Including a "Fusion" of Jaegers and Kaiju.

I also would love for a Pacific Rim & Godzilla crossover.
Dude. Gipsy Danger 2 and Godzilla brofisting would be the hypest shit ever.
Plus, it'd mean Pacific Rim Kaiju & Jaegers in the inevitable new Godzilla Fighting Game!

Stop you're just going to make me disappointed when it doesn't happen! :O

I want that to happen so bad, we should get a re-make of the Jet Jaguar and Godzilla drop kick but with Gipsy holding a kaiju and Godzilla drop kicking it like a boss. Or just blasting it with atomic breath, either way I don't care it would be awesome!

Reactions: Jutsei
I heard a rumor that they'll have kaiju firing themselves out of the moon onto earth. Don't know if its true but that would be the fucking hypest thing ever!

Yeah, I can totally see Godzilla working with Gipsy Danger because of the whole Jet Jaguar thing.
And I don't think he'd be a villain in a movie like that.
Because let's be honest, no one wants to see Gipsy Danger or Godzilla lose.
And a draw wouldn't be fun.

I was such a Godzilla fanboy when i was younger. The toys, movies, the games..... GAMES!

I spent so many hours on this game collecting the artwork !
godzilla%20destroy%20all%20monsters%20melee%20gamecube%20nintendo.jpeg

P.S. Fave Godzilla game:PUN:

Oh man, my friend and I played that all the time when we were younger and booted it up sometime last year for old times sake. It was fun even in this age.

As for this new movie, I liked it. Yeah, there were times when the focus on the human characters got old but thankfully we didn't have to sit through a shaky cam fest. There are times when it has its place but not in Godzilla! The human interaction wasn't that terrible either and while the MC wasn't the most exciting character ever, he got out there and did whatever he could to help

even after repeated run ins with the monsters and almost dying on several occasions. We did not have to deal with a Shinji Ikari even though in both Shinji's and Ford's cases it would have been appropriate to do so.

Also, did everyone else in theaters applaud when:
Godzilla performed that spectacular finishing move? I know people in mine did, myself included. I kind of wanted to shout "RULES OF NATURE!" because after all those times where Ken Watanabe's character went on about how "nature has a balance", it felt super appropriate. Dammit Baldr, look what you got me on!

I think another thing that got to me was seeing the destruction of the cities.
Sure, the film cutting to the aftermath was always disappointing, but the sheer amount of destruction that occurred as the Mutos simply walked through cities like they were twigs on the ground was pretty impressive. And the two Mutos nuzzling each other after they met was cute despite said destruction.

So while it wasn't my favorite flick of the years so far, I did walk out feeling satisfied. The only thing I felt sad about was that it wasn't playing at Seattle's Boeing IMAX theater and was instead put on their PACCAR screen. Seeing Pacific Rim on that big ass, 8 story screen made a fun movie ten times better and I was hoping Godzilla would get the same treatment; Godzilla's roar in that particular theater would have been the most satisfying thing to hear ever.

Reactions: loonieboy9697
Saw the movie. While it was better then 1998 it wasn't good.
Godzilla was on screen maby 10 min total in this 2 hour long movie. The rest was fokused on the characters witch a Godzilla movie should not be fokused on.

I mean,
Then the first Godzilla vs MOLO fight was about to start. The camera jumped to the kid and his mom in L.A and we only saw a small part of the fight on the TV screen. I waited an hour on a Godzilla fight and I got that. Had to wait 1 and a half hour untill I got a small legit Godzilla fight. This movie was not worth it IMO

Rent the original japanese movies and marathon them instead.

I just wonder when human characters will actually ever get fleshed out and more interesting. I know godzilla movies were never strong for its human characters, but it's 2014 and not 1954. I wouldn't mind less godzilla scenes if they actually made the humans more developed. I understand the guy was trying to get back to his family, but I would have cared less whether they all did get back together or just died. lol.

Also is it me, or did the MUTO look like a combination of Orga and the cloverfield monster?

Saw the movie. While it was better then 1998 it wasn't good.
Godzilla was on screen maby 10 min total in this 2 hour long movie. The rest was fokused on the characters witch a Godzilla movie should not be fokused on.
King Ghidora: did anyone even care about the plot to kill some princess?
Godzilla vs the Thing: did anyone care about the business tycoons?

again, Godzilla NEEDS to have the human characters in the movie.

but now that Godzilla has been established, and if it gets a sequel, we'll probably have more time with Godzilla now that he's established.

Don't get me wrong, the human aspect is a welcom to Godzilla (there are tons off Godzilla Movies with not at all). But they overdid it (IMO). The build up to see Godzilla was way to long. An hour?
And when Godzilla shows up and roar, the camera Cuts away. Witch they also did like 3 or more times.
And I dunno about if this is a major spoiler, but another thing that bugged me was that the other monster had also more fokus then Godzilla.

If the sequal will be made, then I hope they fix these errors.

trust me. If there's a sequel, we'll get more Godzilla. This movie is just setting him up in this universe. In the next,movie, he'll be already established and we might get a different human story like we do with other Godzilla movies. I have faith in these movies, especially because the director is an ACTUAL Godzilla fan.

I will say, at least Godzilla in this movie won't end up like a certain...other monster we know

we need to give proper Zilla names for the good one and the bad one.

I dub the good Zilla from the animated series be called "Ani-Zilla", and the bad live action one be called "Li-Zilla."

Looks like there will be a new Godzilla videogame, release is set for this winter. Dosnt look like a fighting game, more like "destroy everything in sight with Godzilla". But I'm sure you will fight other monsters, and maybe theres a versus mode.

The animation models for this are based on the SH MonsterArts-Figure line, to get maximum detail.

Seems to be PS3 only. I hope it gets a digital release or a port, because I dont own a PS3 and will only buy a PS4 for a new console.

Reactions: Peterthegameguy
^
Oh yeah I forgot about this.
It looks like there might be a battle between Godzilla 90s & 2014.

we gotta push beefy Godzilla for Monster Slam!

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh im not entirely understanding why you control (from what it seems like to me) the new Godzilla rather than the old one but whatever

Im at least hoping this is gonna be some kind of crossover with the other movies

Edit: Well there's Kiryu, which pretty much confirms my above statement
BdIJyer.png

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh im not entirely understanding why you control (from what it seems like to me) the new Godzilla rather than the old one but whatever

The Godzilla in the trailer is the Heisei-Godzilla from the 90's, you can clearly tell by his look, as well as the traditional roar. The one in the end is the 2014 Godzilla, but thats just an extra, most likely a skin.

I think this is a classic Godzilla game with most of the monsters from all eras, but you can choose which Godzilla you want, I think there will be skins for all classic Godzilla appearances. And I wouldnt call it a crossover, most Godzilla games had 2-3 different Godzilla's for you to choose from.

Reactions: Immaevilspacewhale
oh whoops I realized that I worded my post completely wrong hahaha I meant to put
not entirely understanding why you control the old Godzilla rather than the new one

I hope they're more than just skins, it would be neat to see them with their own unique abilities and such.

Well, do the different Godzillas even have "unique abilities"? They are all Godzilla: Big, mean, spitting atomic breath. Maybe they have different movesets or stats, but I wouldnt count on it.

And why we control a classic japanese Godzilla? Because its the 60' birthday of Godzilla as a whole, and Japan is the target audience. It wouldnt suprise me if this game wont even see a release outside of Japan.

Reactions: SanoBaron
Well, GMK Godzilla could eat souls, but I think that's more because he was a zombie kaiju than anything else.There's also Burning Godzilla, which is exclusive to Heisei. And then there's Showa's martial arts and rocket jumping with Atomic Breath...

Well, GMK Godzilla could eat souls, but I think that's more because he was a zombie kaiju than anything else.There's also Burning Godzilla, which is exclusive to Heisei. And then there's Showa's martial arts and rocket jumping with Atomic Breath...

GMK Godzilla was the physical manifestation of the people that died in WW2, I have no idea how that happend, but he dosnt eat souls and his powers are still the same. Burning Godzilla is just Godzilla suffering from a meltdown, his powers are stronger but also still the same. And the showa martial arts...

godzilla-dropkick-o.gif

yeah, lets not talk about those ;D

It dosnt really make sense to give the different Godzilla's all different abilities, it is and was always Godzilla, nothing has changed about him except his look and origins. But if they give him different moves for gameplay's sake, I would welcome it. But nothing too crazy.

no. lets talk about Showa.

give Showa Godzilla a divekick.

Why? Normally, Godzilla can't even jump, let alone leap his own height like most fighting game characters.

no. lets talk about Showa.

give Showa Godzilla a divekick.

You want Showa? I'll give you Showa:

Still a little bit disappointed G2014 didnt do this in the new movie, nothing would have been more fitting than this after he defeated the MUTO's :(

thats the things I mean! Showa Godzilla needs to be the most hype character in a Godzilla fighting game!

Still a little bit disappointed G2014 didnt do this in the new movie, nothing would have been more fitting than this after he defeated the MUTO's :(
What did you expect? He was an old fart who just got clobbered by a building. He was probably done with that crap and decided to go to bed right where he was.

and then he went to sleep in the ocean because we were being too noisy.

thats the things I mean! Showa Godzilla needs to be the most hype character in a Godzilla fighting game!

Seriously though, if the rest of the game is good and enjoyable, I wouldnt mind having a total numbnuts Showa Godzilla fighting with all this shit and having the dance as his victory pose.

Would be funny as hell.

What did you expect? He was an old fart who just got clobbered by a building. He was probably done with that crap and decided to go to bed right where he was.

And when he woke up, monkeys, monkeys everywhere. He was so afraid he only wanted to go home and sit in his armchair again.

I know! give us serious Gojira, then just make Showa Godzilla. the goofiest character with amazing mobility!

Aw crap I knew this and didn’t post it here. I'm so sorry rubber-lizard. Happy Birthday! Have a picture of your very first massacre as an excuse.

godzilla_54_design.jpg

Without you grown-ups fighting themselves in heavy-ass rubber costumes wouldn’t be the same. Please visit Japan soon again, I need a new movie series!

Reactions: Peterthegameguy
Hey did any of you guys know about that Godzilla PS3 game being worked on by Bandai Namco?
They said for a long time it was going to be a Japanese exclusive.

WELL NOT ANYMORE:

have they added a goofy as fuck Showa Godzilla? no? I'll pick it up if I have to. :/