• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Guilty Gear Thread

Are you from the past? Robo-Ky was years ago. Now, a fighting game version of Sin, on the other hand...

ggx2-sol-badguy-02.jpg

ggx2-sol-badguy-04.jpg
Man, I miss this art style.

Where would I find the most active GG community? Something like skullheart?

Sorry for the pun, but we've got another shoe-in courtesy of ASWUSA's Facebook!

1377184_220062341493047_1723938241_n.jpg

Reactions: mooncakes
Sorry for the pun, but we've got another shoe-in courtesy of ASWUSA's Facebook!

1377184_220062341493047_1723938241_n.jpg
That's probably just for PSN, on Xbox it's going through "2 weeks" hell right now.... oh well at least I'm getting a PS3 soon so I don't have to deal with that though good luck with those who do.

By the way, why does ASW love using shoes to display announcements, I remember them doing this for the Vita release date.

Man, I'm hype to see some more redesigns, those ones in Pachinko are pretty good
I'm still waiting for all of my mains/subs to be shown (Faust, ABA and Bridget)... still wonder if Bridget will look less like a trap or not though the Pachinko art is telling me that his trap status will stay for a new generation to discover and be traumatized due to it.

I'm still waiting for all of my mains/subs to be shown (Faust, ABA and Bridget)... still wonder if Bridget will look less like a trap or not though the Pachinko art is telling me that his trap status will stay for a new generation to discover and be traumatized due to it.
The pachinko design for Zappa's really good too, like holy shit.

The pachinko design for Zappa's really good too, like holy shit.

Yeah I like the design, reminds me of a Jojo's character though a bit worried that S-Ko will look a bit too cartoony

What the barnacles, dear gott no, I had no idea... +1 traumatized

Speaking of Bridget, did anyone notice this?

Bridget's yoyo has bullets now?
gg-pachinko-11.jpg

I've always thought the Yo-yo had bullets, you can see the chambers in his Accent Core art

bridget-acc.jpg

Plus Bridget needs those bullets just in case Johnny tries to hit on him again :P

Dem hips.

But I always thought those indents were for his yo yo to transform like it does during his DP input.

I swear if I get +R on Christmas day it would truly be a white Christmas.

Not only GGXX AC+R is still not released in Europe, but even GGXX AC+ was never released in Europe on PSN. Good thing I have the Japanese version, but WTF is wrong with ArcSys?

Reactions: DARKNESSxEAGLE
Not only GGXX AC+R is still not released in Europe, but even GGXX AC+ was never released in Europe on PSN. Good thing I have the Japanese version, but WTF is wrong with ArcSys?

It is likely Japanese fighting game developers don't want their games played.

Virtually 0 PC support (though better as of late). I can't dl the newer Blazblue from the xBox store. Oh, and I submit Melty Blood as my final evidence.

I feel obliged to inform that PC isn't really viable as a gaming platform in Japan because everyone uses their computers for either business, art, or imageboards. Mostly business.

I feel obliged to inform that PC isn't really viable as a gaming platform in Japan because everyone uses their computers for either business, art, or imageboards. Mostly business.
Everyone??? You know all the 120+ million people there? Then what about Doujin fighters? And the PC releases of SSF4, SFxT, KOF13 & Yatagarasu?

Reactions: Jutsei

I understand that, but other cultures have PC gaming cultures with a similar or lower rate of PC ownership. Namely Korea (SC), China (some good Chinese DOTA teams), and Russia.

South Korea probably isn't much like Japan in terms of gamer culture, consoles are still banned in China so PCs and phones are the only real ways to video game, and Russia...

Huh. Never really heard anything regarding Russia and gaming that doesn't involve Tetris. *profound sadness at not keeping up with news*

Russia is pretty PC-based too iirc. Mostly because of the price - consoles aren't very affordable for most, so the gaming is done on older PCs. I think turn-based strategy games, like Heroes of Might and Magic, are pretty big over there.

Games like Counter-Strike, Starcraft series, LoL, DOTA are very popular in Russia. There is actually a FGC, but it's mostly centered in Moscow and St. Petersburg, where Mortal Kombat & Tekken are very popular. There's also a lot of people who are into SSF4 (It's also on PC) and Guilty Gear series. Consoles like PS2 & PS3 are popular, but PC gaming is more popular because of piracy.

Speaking of China, I heard that PS3s will be legalised there soon.

How is this by the way?
I never played it nor donated to it. I'm not a fighting game hipster. lel

I would be still interested in trying it out when it comes out on Steam. It's got GGPO.

Found some Guilty Gear Xrd gameplay. It looks good and I can't wait to hear a release date.

Reactions: DARKNESSxEAGLE
I continue to be taken aback by how nice the game looks. Cell-shading is the greatest thing humans have ever created.

PC gaming is the dominant platform for dojin games in Japan. In fact it's pretty much the only thing they come out for.
The problem isn't that the market doesn't exist, the problem is that Japan is famously reluctant to incorporate new things into their business. So, to them, gaming has always been all about consoles, and it will take a lot of time and effort to get them to stop thinking that way.

I actually wish that Bridget would go the opposite way and go full cross dresser. Not the "trying to prove he's manly" thing.
It's already pretty cool to see that sort of character, though, and not done in a shitty way like Poison.

What is this dojin thing? Any good ones I can play?

Guilty Gear related, I would love to hear news about A.B.A... maybe make a bodied Paracelsius playable too? A boy can dream.

That is SG fluid and pretty.

Doujin refers to games made with a focus more towards fun than profit and seen similar to indie games as well as fan games. A good one I would say to look at would be Super Cosplay War Ultra, from the same makers as Chaos Code.

Guilty Gear related, I would love to hear news about A.B.A... maybe make a bodied Paracelsius playable too? A boy can dream.

I really want news about ABA, mostly how she will appear and maybe see if Paracelsius position on having a human body has changes. Seeing a bodied version of him would seem cool but I would wonder how his fighting style would be then.

Been playing some of +R, I'm really disappointed that there are still no lobbies though not sure about netcode yet.

Dang it, They change slayer command grab input. Lovin his new force break though.