• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Guilty Gear Thread

It'd be a bit weird from every perspective (story, gameplay, competitivity) if Slayer didn't get in.

He has to get in.

Man, Justice is so slow in +R but she's still pretty fun, I think I'm gonna work on her.

Is anybody having an issue switching version to + R? I download the patch, but it seems to be locked at AC (XBL).

Is anybody having an issue switching version to + R? I download the patch, but it seems to be locked at AC (XBL).

Oh don't worry. Go to game settings and there should be a segment that says version, switch to AC+R and you're good to go.

Oh don't worry. Go to game settings and there should be a segment that says version, switch to AC+R and you're good to go.

Yeah, that's where I'm stuck. I'm trying to switch it to AC+R but it's not changing. Seems like an issue with the patch installation?

Yeah, that's where I'm stuck. I'm trying to switch it to AC+R but it's not changing. Seems like an issue with the patch installation?

Try to install the patch again, probably just a one time thing.

Try to install the patch again, probably just a one time thing.

No luck. Maybe region locked?

:(

Yay, Jamaica screws me over again...

No luck. Maybe region locked?

:(

Yay, Jamaica screws me over again...

Region lock should affect you since Jamaica would fall under the NA patch release. Though I'm not sure why it's locked for you. If possible try to re install it a couple more times if not, then all I can say is contact customer support.

EDIT: Apparently my friend is having the same lock out problem as you are, so it's not a region thing, probably just an undetected bug that'll get fixed with enough feedback about it.

Last edited:
Why is this game so dead? =/

Bad Netcode (At least from what I've heard) + mostly only highly competitive players are playing the game currently = the majority of people only play offline.

Yeah, the netcode is awful but you can only play offline if you have a local community. Pretty shit situation.

People are playing the new BB game instead of an old GG game. Wait until Xrd eventually comes out before series possibly has life again. Anime fighting community is small. The majority of them play the most recent game which was P4A last year before BB CP came out which is the latest thing being flocked to by the community.

People are playing the new BB game instead of an old GG game. Wait until Xrd eventually comes out before series possibly has life again. Anime fighting community is small. The majority of them play the most recent game which was P4A last year before BB CP came out which is the latest thing being flocked to by the community.
Isn't that like most fighting game communities?

Reactions: Mwisk
Can't wait for them to show Testament in Xrd. But I'm also looking forward to Valentine, Raven, That Man and Ky's ultra gay son to become characters too.

Can't wait for them to show Testament in Xrd.
I can see a very good chance of GG2 characters showing up. Daisuke has gone out of his way to confirm that Xrd takes place after it.

They just need to get Dizzy out her ice cube. Also I can't wait to see reactions of anyone not up on the story to see that she's Ky's waifu.

if it arrives on PC, i'd buy it on preorder without any regret, even if it don't run on my pc

Also Xrd story update over at dustloop:

Confirmation (finally) that Dizzy is Ky's wife but she's still stuck in the ice cube but Dr. Paradigm is trying to help out with that. Ky is trying to wheel and deal politically to get Gears more acceptance in open society while the world government (probably the Bureau since they pull all the strings) is using the media to portray Gears as the cause of the incident in GG2, rather than being super helpful.

Meanwhile Sol & Sin are out still doing wandering vagrant hero stuff. Then Sol gets a headache and is like "Dammit Valentine's back."
All the details are here courtesy of Suzaku.

Last edited:
Can't wait for them to show Testament in Xrd. But I'm also looking forward to Valentine, Raven, That Man and Ky's ultra gay son to become characters too.

Ass-length ponytail Sin or GTFO.

Ass-length ponytail Sin or GTFO.
everyone gets pony tails! Ky gets one! Dizzy gets one! (actually she had it in GG2) Sol's always had one!

Reactions: Mwisk
I love GG. I just started playing it about a week ago but im getting into it a lot. My local scene loves it.
Hope Dizzy is in Xrd.

everyone gets pony tails! Ky gets one! Dizzy gets one! (actually she had it in GG2) Sol's always had one!

Pony Gear Xrd.

Last edited:
Still waiting for Instant Kills.

If Faust doesn't have that Afro Instant Kill again there's gonna be some disgreement with production

Or if anything, maybe his Original GG Instant Kill when he was Baldhead (maybe he's slipping up), I still find it hilarious and I don't know why, guess I'm just sick. Still, I love his Afro Instant kill

Hells Bells, it's Slayer which feels appropriate given that this is October. Also it seems like they changed his blood sucking move back to a half circle as opposed to quarter circle in R.

Well, of course. Apparently, the changes are based off of #Reload, not anything that came afterward.

So that finishes the next four characters i.e. Axl/I-no/Faust/Slayer. Daisuke seems to be doing two a month now so that means he should do two in November and two in December to finish out the year. Also, dat Slayer art is resplendent on so many levels.