• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Guilty Gear Thread

oh right, forgot about that because I've never played it.

because it's an xbox exclusive.

god dammit.
you can catch a playthrough or a let's play of it and get caught up

its not a very big campaign, but its events are relevant to Xrd.

on a funny side note: i got overture for 360. its a fun if unusual experimental game. but that means i still need to get a ps3 to play xrd. maybe i'll try getting one now that the ps4 is out. ps3s should be pretty inexpensive by now.

you can catch a playthrough or a let's play of it and get caught up

its not a very big campaign, but its events are relevant to Xrd.

on a funny side note: i got overture for 360. its a fun if unusual experimental game. but that means i still need to get a ps3 to play xrd. maybe i'll try getting one now that the ps4 is out. ps3s should be pretty inexpensive by now.
oh yeah, I saw a refurbished one for about 200 bucks, a one of the larger memory ones, which is great price for a PS3, plus, there's PS+, which is beyond worth it.

can someone explain how bedman works with his deja vu's?

can someone explain how bedman works with his deja vu's?
From what I understand, when you use one of his specials, you place a dejavu mark and then you can use dejavu to fire that move again as a mid projectile form the mark.

well, now I know who I don't want to play because of his technical gimmick.

It doesn't seem very technical... From what I've seen, most Bedman players go all Storm and run away in the air throwing the head projectile and using its dejavu mode to get a chance to rush in for a moment.

Seems like a pretty basic playstyle, one that I might actually like haha. The overhead stomp isn't an overhead as a dejavu, so no unblockables.

Reactions: agent13
From what I understand, when you use one of his specials, you place a dejavu mark and then you can use dejavu to fire that move again as a mid projectile form the mark.
That sounds like Isaac's playstyle in SG

That sounds like Isaac's playstyle in SG
Not really. There's no timer to do the Deja Vu versions of Bedman's specials. He also doesn't have to warp into the past in order for his previous attacks to come out. Plus, Bedman has to do the move himself before a Deja Vu clone can use it, whereas Isaac's timeclones simply appear and do the move without Isaac himself doing anything.

And Overture, but nobody cares about Overture.

let my gurl jam rock doe
Yo! Yo! Yo! Yo! Yo! YO!
jam-kuradoberi-o.gif

jam-intro1.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: Vladislav_Paizis
I honestly don't know. I just found it when looking up "Jam Kuradoberi gif" on google images.

oh no. I'm falling.

like,

such masterful voicework on Ky. just, MMM! amazing. its almost as if it really is Ky.

Reactions: Arcana
Best/worst line from the ova.

Ky: Your sin is beyond the grace of God.
Sol: God? I don't want to have anything with him.

Clearly this should of won a VA Award.

Last edited:
does Sol also have a redneck accent? I need to see this. anyone got a link where I can check it out?

is there anyone who's easily beat faust ? (the long guy with mask) i thought it is his name. because when he is my enemy. i can't get close to him. and he uses the door to teleport in the back so it's hard for me to hit him.

ow yes, zappa , i forgot. he's good at short range combats and can do an endless combo ( my friends can do that) only in pc.

Use Faultless Defense jumping to get in so you won't get anti-air'd. Stop airdashing and start jumping/running forward with FD braking. Instant Blocking will also incur less knockback. Don't be mindless and play smart; if Ky spams projectiles it's easy to get around. What character are you playing and why exactly are you having trouble?

i was just watching some Xrd stream footage (if the name card is right, it's FAB playing with potemkin) and i must ask

does potemkin have crazy meter gain in Xrd? because he was RCing EVERYTHING.

i was just watching some Xrd stream footage (if the name card is right, it's FAB playing with potemkin) and i must ask

does potemkin have crazy meter gain in Xrd? because he was RCing EVERYTHING.
Potemkin has had crazy meter gain for much of the series if I'm remembering right. Also imagine that his meter gain on several moves was NERFED for Xrd...

(specifically Heat Knuckle Extend comes to mind. That thing could give you a mighty boost to your meter in +R)

You can also YRC any move at 25% tension now, so you'll be seeing those a lot more often. Potentially it makes a lot of what Potemkin does much safer but not being a chumpkin player I'm not sure if it makes him stronger since anybody can do the same thing.

It didn't make him stronger. I'm pretty sure this is the worst version of Potemkin we've had in a while. He's definitely bottom tier in Xrd.

is there anyone who's easily beat faust ? (the long guy with mask) i thought it is his name. because when he is my enemy. i can't get close to him. and he uses the door to teleport in the back so it's hard for me to hit him.

I-no i believe? When she actually gets in he can't really do anything but then again learning i-no is a nightmare

It didn't make him stronger. I'm pretty sure this is the worst version of Potemkin we've had in a while. He's definitely bottom tier in Xrd.
Yeah, since Xrd is a return to how the game was back in Reload, Pot lost a lot of the tools that he got in later installments (ie vacuum on crouching S, massive meter gain on Heat Extend, several notable FRC points, and I think he might've gotten a damage nerf, can't remember). Pot gets a couple of gimmicky things to catch people off guard with YRCs, but they're all silly stuff that people will wise up to and counter eventually. I don't know if he's bottom or not, but Pot is definitely worse than he's been in years. As a Potemkin main, it makes me a very sad Bus-tour driver.

I believe back when the game was still a couple of days old, people on Dustloop were thinking that he'd became a Compact Tour.

Yeah, since Xrd is a return to how the game was back in Reload, Pot lost a lot of the tools that he got in later installments (ie vacuum on crouching S, massive meter gain on Heat Extend, several notable FRC points, and I think he might've gotten a damage nerf, can't remember). Pot gets a couple of gimmicky things to catch people off guard with YRCs, but they're all silly stuff that people will wise up to and counter eventually. I don't know if he's bottom or not, but Pot is definitely worse than he's been in years. As a Potemkin main, it makes me a very sad Bus-tour driver.

At least your character is in Xrd. When they first started revealing characters, my first thought was something a long the lines of “as long as they have Testament, Zappa, or even Dizzy”. I wasn’t expecting Robo Ky back, but ABA or Baiken would have probably been fine too.

Then I thought about picking up Millia specifically because of those stupid discs she had...

I had been planning on picking up another console for this, but I’m starting to wonder if Daisuke or somebody will show up in person to stop me.

Last edited: