• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Guilty Gear Thread

which one?

3284997-1276202980-tumbl.png

All of them. Even Jolyne.

i think everyone called sin once they saw his story mode/arcade mode appearance

i think everyone called sin once they saw his story mode/arcade mode appearance
it was pretty obvious.

still waiting on best mom Dizzy.

still waiting on best mom Dizzy.
I just want Anji...
this isn't A.B.A.
What about Jam though?

Yeah, judging by the responses, it's pretty clear everyone's super hyped for Sin... >_>

I would have preferred any veteran from the fighting games, so +1 know that feel to all you folks.

I hope Sin is still all oedipic with Ky
that would be fun

"TASTE MY MOTHER'S POWER *rides the lightning*"

Yeah, judging by the responses, it's pretty clear everyone's super hyped for Sin... >_>

I would have preferred any veteran from the fighting games, so +1 know that feel to all you folks.
We have no basis for how fun he's going to be playable.

Supposedly he has a hunger mechanic that makes him more powerful when he takes time to eat which sounds like it could be functionally like Order Sol's meter.

And in GG2 he's got Ride The Lightning, Exciter (an install power up) and Humming Swords (summons like Dizzy's fish but his are birds)

But currently, he's suffering from not nearly being as cool as his parents.

Well to be fair, we all knew he was going to be the character . Food meter though

its not that we're not hyped for Sin, we just want out characters more.

Food meter? Goku confirmed for Guilty Gear?

honestly I want more original characters and more disappointment from the fans since tears are delicious and I'm not even getting this game

that's also fine
people getting mad at video games sustains me either way

Anyone wondering about Sin can probably look up a play through for GG2 in youtube.

It should cover everything, including Arc's incredibly awkward attempts to hide Dizzy's identity due to the copyright nonsense happening at the time (and as since been resolved).

King Knight, get out, I beat you, twice! Dont dare show up until your campaign is released, you hear me?!

King Knight, get out, I beat you, twice! Dont dare show up until your campaign is released, you hear me?!
Hah. But seriously Shovel Knight is amazing.

Maybe someone should start a thread about it's amazingness . . .

Hah. But seriously Shovel Knight is amazing.

Maybe someone should start a thread about it's amazingness . . .

Who is more worthy then a knight that dresses up as a king? Do it.

They're too busy making new original characters for Blazblue 4 that no one asked for.
You mean another game without Jubei? I could see them sprite swapping in Tora though.
Who is more worthy then a knight that dresses up as a king? Do it.
i'm not worthy. i missed out on the donation campaign.

anyway, we're getting off topic.

You mean another game without Jubei?

Mori said Jubei's height is the problem. It was mentioned that they would need to do something like Carl's hat or Nago and Gii with Rachel for him to work.

Jubei with top hat and comedy relief minions confirmed.

Sin is cool and glad he is in a fighting game hoping he still using his flag. As great as having all the past characters back (couple of my favorites are MIA), it's not feasible currently since Xrd is relatively starting over with fresh assets in this sequel and not a simple Accent Core update.

I recall in a Max video that the dev team will wait and see how sales go and are currently undecided if they would simply do DLC characters one by one as they complete them or release another version with new characters included.

I hope they do something like Street Fighter where each new version is just DLC, that way PS3 version will never be dropped because I don't want to invest in 2 next gen consoles

Well, that makes sense...

So, in retrospective, what I've missed here is that Sin Kiske became playable and Ramlethal's Theme is out?
Wait where can I get her theme?

Kind of hoping for Izuna someday since we are getting Overture characters.
He's a pretty fun dude.

Actually I want Dr. Paradigm. Maybe with some kind of hyper complex fairy set-ups to emphasize his whole focus is on STRATEGY.

He's a pretty fun dude.

Actually I want Dr. Paradigm. Maybe with some kind of hyper complex fairy set-ups to emphasize his whole focus is on STRATEGY.
I'd actually want a new version of his Overture Theme. Same goes for Sin.

Ramlethal's theme is one of the greatest things I've ever heard. She's officially better than Dizzy.

Ramlethal's theme is one of the greatest things I've ever heard. She's officially better than Dizzy.
I don't know. I kinda like the original "Diva" a bit more.

Also Dizzy will always be best girl. Even more so now that she's also best mom.

Reactions: Hemijack
I really feel like Xrd is Daisuke's overall best musical work. All his stuff is godlike, but Xrd's OST is just beautiful.

I don't know, I liked the more simplistic and raw compositions of GGX and Missing Link and I feel since XX some of that identity has been lost. A lot of the audio sounds muffled or muted which is a shame because it really affects drum tracks the most and erodes the impact of the music. I thought Overture had a lot of excellent tracks and the Xrd soundtrack is growing on me, but I still think Calamity Trigger had some of his more unique works since Isuka (underrated) and I would have liked to see him expand on those ideas more. Case in point, the transition from Bullet Dance to Bullet Dance II is really uninspiring especially in terms of instrument variety, and this goes for a lot of Chrono Phantasma's updated tracks (but the new ones are pretty damn good). His newer tracks just feel kind of formulaic, while Overture and Calamity Trigger seemed to try their best to avoid that.

I'm really looking forward to Xrd and I already know I'll like it but I feel like the lukewarm reception to trying different and wacky things in Overture outside of his comfort zone essentially resulted in the neutering of Daisuke's creative output.

Weren't the Chronophantasma remixes not done by Daisuke, just the totally new tracks?

I was very disappointed with ChronoPhantasma's remixes. Calamity Trigger was impressive in that it showed that Daisuke can make so many instruments sound well together. I'm just currently loving the fuck out of Xrd's soundtrack since it sounds stronger than Blazblue's.

@Zazz Yes, someone else arranged the old tracks for ChronoPhantasma.