• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Guilty Gear Thread

There once was a bag on a forum
who once found a cure for his boredom
wit as quick as his gun
he wrote a haiku for fun
but he didn't know how to count and everything got messed up
I may be quick with my gun but sometimes my accuracy leave a lot to be desired.
It sucks because the instructor the the Black Egrets sniper school disappeared without a trace and they didn't have anyone else who could teach me how to take the shot.

the real reason Jam isnt playable

B39xukdCUAACqi1.jpg
Nope. That was part of her storyline in XX: a stray Robo-Ky torched the place, and she went after the real deal due to being bad at recognizing faces.

i just watched story mode on a stream. my reaction is as follows:

"oh . . . ok. that's super cute. that's super bad ass. wait what? really? WAIT WHAT?! whoa whoa slow down- WHAAAAAAAAA?!"

bedman is a bigger troll than i-no ever was!

core game will likely be sped up in later installment as per usual with ASW updates.

yeah this for sure. I also hope they remove the random danger time or whatever it's called when you clash. Such a dumb mechanic. I'm just not mourning the loss of 1 frame RCs for BnB combos, and I really like having a universal cancel mechanic, like once mores in P4A. It just feels more intuitive to me.

I can't believe that they remembered that Battle Fantasia even exists
I kinda wanna try that out now.

From what I've seen of reaction to netcode on Dustloop, it's typical ASW netcode. Though some people were raging when it turned out to be so instead of being something that would end online lag in fightan games (which would never happen).

I was actually poking fun at max when he was playing SF4. :P because that literally was what happened one time.

Max is a goof, but at least he's not a schmuck like DSP.
he still DSP'd pretty hard on that one video. I just hate how I can't remember which one of the videos it was. I'm sure it was before GFWL went down, and it was a week of. But I will put my hand on a bible and still claim Max had mad johns at one point.

From what I've seen of reaction to netcode on Dustloop, it's typical ASW netcode. Though some people were raging when it turned out to be so instead of being something that would end online lag in fightan games (which would never happen).

So the C+ of netcode?

I don't know much about programming languages, so I can't tell you.

So the letter grade you get in school, "C+" of netcode? As in... so it's just passably okay?

C++ is the language you're thinking of. To the best of my knowledge C+ isn't a language.

So the letter grade you get in school, "C+" of netcode? As in... so it's just passably okay?

C++ is the language you're thinking of. To the best of my knowledge C+ isn't a language.
C is the original language because some programmer was boring as fuck and decided to name a language literally just the letter 'c'.
C++ is from some guy that made it better, and it's a joke because a ++ after an integer variable name means that you're increasing the variable by 1. So it's basically saying that it's 1 better than C. It's shitty nerd humor, okay?
C# is another dumb pun because the # means sharp which is one semitone higher in pitch. I guess this guy was making fun of the guy who named C++.
And that's your short guide to the C's. I think there are other derivatives but those three are the ones people still care about.
If you want more stupidly named programming languages, look up what PHP stands for.

C is the original language because some programmer was boring as fuck and decided to name a language literally just the letter 'c'.
C++ is from some guy that made it better, and it's a joke because a ++ after an integer variable name means that you're increasing the variable by 1. So it's basically saying that it's 1 better than C. It's shitty nerd humor, okay?
C# is another dumb pun because the # means sharp which is one semitone higher in pitch. I guess this guy was making fun of the guy who named C++.
And that's your short guide to the C's. I think there are other derivatives but those three are the ones people still care about.
If you want more stupidly named programming languages, look up what PHP stands for.

I actually love recursive definitions. Like GNU!

If you want am awesomely named language, look up "Brainfuck".

My favorite move (though it isn't an IC) is the Faust buttpoke... what a creep.

It's that cut to the doomed person's face that crack me up.

You just gotta love how ASW is just progressively making their instant kills cooler and cooler and cooler.
Terumi's Wrath of the Unholy Basilisk is still my absolute favorite though.

Really? I feel most of the character's have had their instant kills made really lame. Apart from like, Slayer and Faust. I-No's was massively downgraded for example, but at least it is a reference of sorts.

Millia and May's new ones are pretty ok too

I like Potemkin's new IK. I-No's was definitely downgraded. May's is better. What I find better about all the old IK's, however, is that they were all like "BOOM!" They just happened, you know? I feel the cinematics take away from that. It seems like needless build up.

Really? I feel most of the character's have had their instant kills made really lame. Apart from like, Slayer and Faust. I-No's was massively downgraded for example, but at least it is a reference of sorts.

Millia and May's new ones are pretty ok too

May's is amazing.

"What? Where am I?"

I like Potemkin's new IK. I-No's was definitely downgraded. May's is better. What I find better about all the old IK's, however, is that they were all like "BOOM!" They just happened, you know? I feel the cinematics take away from that. It seems like needless build up.

I agree with this, with the caveat that a lot of the older IKs were just plain boring. Like Sol's XX IK; his IK in Missing Link was pretty damned cool and I wish they hadn't changed it. On the other hand, some IKs, like Baiken's, were so great because the ideas behind them were novel and interesting.

On the other hand you look at something like Blazblue and they have cool ideas with poor execution (Noel's Astral), or they just take way too damn long to get to the point. A lot of them feel like missed opportunities.

Back