• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Guilty Gear Thread

You're talking about xrd right? DP on wakeup is going to be less popular as time goes on, people are still getting their sea legs.

I would hope so because i'm doing
hop xx safe jump xx throw on whiffed dp
hop xx safe jump xx throw
hop xx longing desperation

the one time i didn't fucking empty dash(safe jump) i got dped

what is this bullshit, street fighter?

YLDP is the believed name of the god of all fighting game noobs and scrubs

My main problem with Xrd is that it makes me wish I was playing AC. That's the last thing it should be doing.

So, turns out you can cheat the system to get Elphelt and the Christmas Colors for free even if you don't own the PS4 yet, you just do it like you claim PS4 games for PS plus

So, turns out you can cheat the system to get Elphelt and the Christmas Colors for free even if you don't own the PS4 yet, you just do it like you claim PS4 games for PS plus
That is super old hat. You can do that with the PS3.

Just got the game on Sat. First GG I've played since X2 on PS2, except Ikusa(?) once in the arcade.

Going through Tutorial & Story to start. I can only play weekends, so I'm still waiting to finish those.
Read Mike Z's points, which are informative. I'm used to cinematic supers, but found it odd that Dust goes cinematic too.
Not a fan of metal & don't care for any of the music so far, but it's cool. Looking forward to the game modes I haven't tried yet & finally getting in beginner matches w/PSN friends from here/DL/GameFAQs.

You can also get free DLC even if you don't own the game it's linked to yet, as there don't seem to be any restrictions of that kind on PSN.

The thing that bugs me most about this game so far are the character hitboxes. They are so odd, and the collision boxes on some character's moves (and bodies) aren't quite right. Like, doing Sol's 6HS in the corner puts him almost completely off screen. There are other hitbox things that seem wonky, like Pot's 6P randomly missing on crouching characters (or, at least I-No). There are other oddities with the hitboxes (like some of that Ramethal I talked about earlier), and the more I play the game the more weird things I notice. I wish I could see the hitboxes.

I think that's a thing in general with Guilty Gear. It's definitely a reason why most combos have to be freestyled, at least.

The thing that bugs me most about this game so far are the character hitboxes. They are so odd, and the collision boxes on some character's moves (and bodies) aren't quite right. Like, doing Sol's 6HS in the corner puts him almost completely off screen. There are other hitbox things that seem wonky, like Pot's 6P randomly missing on crouching characters (or, at least I-No). There are other oddities with the hitboxes (like some of that Ramethal I talked about earlier), and the more I play the game the more weird things I notice. I wish I could see the hitboxes.
This is very much a GG in general thing.

If you want something that looks REALLY stupid that is Xrd specific, try I-No's horizontal chemical love next to Millia/other thin character...

You will get used to it.

You will learn to hate Sol's aerial hitbox.

Reactions: agent13

If you want something that looks REALLY stupid that is Xrd specific, try I-No's horizontal chemical love next to Millia/other thin character...

You will get used to it.

Holy crap you weren't lying. That... that's really bad.

Also I was wondering why I had to adjust so many of my combos against Sol and Sol only.

I found I had to adjust to a few characters' hit boxes already; Slayer and Bedman especially. Slayer tends to fall out of my Sin BnB too early and Bedman is all sorts of weirdness. I've just been using Sol and once I get a combo down, try it on the whole cast to see where it fails, but I'm not sure if this is the best execution.

You will get used to it.

I hate milia since she basically renders hcl worthless

Eh, Sol's dash going under HCL is worse. He also has a DP. Also his 2D BEATS VCL. I hate Sol.

At least Millia has to sit down and take your shit when you hit her.

As a Sol player I love 2D. Also I feel bad that you gotta deal with netplay sols-dashing HVV the god. Worst case scenario for neutral you always have note, which controls the screen like crazy

What's the best way to punish VV with Potemkin? I've been doing Pot Buster as soon as they land. Is that good or is there a better option?

Can people not be grabbed for a certain period after getting up? Cause I'm trying this (probably bad) setup, and the command grab starts after they've clearly gotten up but whiffs.

Also... why can Heat Knuckle trade...?

Can people not be grabbed for a certain period after getting up? Cause I'm trying this (probably bad) setup, and the command grab starts after they've clearly gotten up but whiffs.
There is a very slight period where woken up characters are immune to throws. About 9 frames.

Also... why can Heat Knuckle trade...?
Heat Knuckle is more an unblockable hit grab than a grab.

On wakeup you need to tick grab, because of wake up invincibility.

There is a very slight period where woken up characters are immune to throws. About 9 frames.
Alright. So I guess rip that setup. Does this also explain why I haven't been able to normal grab people on wakeup?
Heat Knuckle is more an unblockable hit grab than a grab.
I figured it was something like that. But it's just kinda ridiculous, I think. Though that's I guess part of that getting used to GG thing?

Also, any real uses for Potemkin's air lawn dart move outside of the dust combo? I've found that if I get the a counter hit Titan Knuckle 6HS (which looks silly, especially after a match ends), if I'm fast I can go into the air special thing. Which only works in the corner, and gets less damage than just doing another 6HS, but looks hilarious. Can also get it full screen from the head slam move.

You can do Slidehead > ICPM for a knockdown close to them.

You can combo into ICPM somehow but maybe it requires 50% tension.

Its main use I think is as a YRC pseudo air dash, which is actually a pretty good use of meter for Potemkin.

After a 6HS you should probably go for a hammerfall > break link into heat knuckle instead of ICPM.

6HS xx hammerfall also just hits on its own without a break.

am i the only one who thinks axl isn't low tier???? I mean he has enough tools to royally piss a lot of people off and a reliable dp

Ive only played against one and i got royally pissed off... But then again it was a 12 delay match...

I feel like axl is kinda a scrubkiller at at lower levels. I cnt say what hes like to play against at a highish level, but think of all the newbs that come in and play against peacock and get destroyed by her and think shes the sss tier ST akuma character... I feel like thats where i atleast am at as far as GG is comcerned.

One thing that did have me hopping mad at axl and the system mechanics in general, was this axl i was playing was using obvious scrubbuster tactics... Using nothing but axls anti airs and being super predictable... Well i couldnt out poke him at all and all my fireballs were getting hit in startup cause of lag... So i decided to dp his chain (i was using leo) and thats when the danger time happened and of course since i was in the air and cant block air to ground axl gets a free mortal counter and i lose like 60-70% of my health...

THATS when i got pissed off.

I could have used FD to block more than likely, but the point was that the situation was so bad for leo and so good for axl... I thought clash into danger mode was supposed to result in relatively even situations... But i learned right there that that is not the case... And thats where i decided that danger mode is an absolutely terrible mechanic. Cause its random that your opponent might basically get a lvl 3 xfactor in a situation highly favoring them which results in you losing the round for sheer dumbluck factor.

I feel like people are completely under rating him, I also feel like people are over rating faust quite a bit too
I struggle 6x more with axl then faust mainly because once i get in on faust i don't have to play "bait the dp"

Played an Axl offline a couple nights ago (the first one I've seen offline in any GG game) and he was cleaning me up pretty good. I could take rounds/games but it was obvious he was better than me.

I need to do some matchup grinding.

@Dime_x

Danger time isn't fair. Try danger time against Sol. It is obviously a terrible mechanic.

@Tomo009 Literally the matchup right at the beginning is stbt(hs) or jump back s.dive and then you get to play i-no's favorite game bait the dps

also what i find out what really helps with this matchup is if you're at full distance literally stay corner to corner and harrass with notes, he can't hit you until he has flame sickle

Every time I was full screen I ended up dealing with sparrowhawk, not sure what to do against it but I'm sure you can do something. My first idea was instant block > VCL but NOPE.

STBT was definitely my most reliable tool, I was trying to divekick but his anti airs were on point.

He did start to react to long range STBT with what I think is Axl's HS? the sort of overhead sickle swing that hits in front of him, but STBT remained my most reliable way of getting in.

Not sure where the big gaps in his pressure are either, hitting him out of 6HS seemed like a poor option and he's + after that so I'm not sure what to do, can't even throw the thing with instant block, it still pushes you back too far.

Also for some reason my safe jumps that work on Ky and Sol weren't working on him.

EDIT: Also played a few Leo vs Axl

lol nah

Pretty much block for years until he gets bored and comes to you, you get a luck read and make maybe 1/3rd screen distance or you find a gap and manage to [4]6HS YRC.

I'm sure the matchup isn't as bad as I thought but it seemed I couldn't really do anything.

Axl stance (as well as almost all of his chain attacks) can be blitzed, as the attacks don't count as a projectile.

Reactions: FenrirHades
His chains count as extensions of himself, right?

Reactions: Arcana
yes, i actully hit axl out of the flame sickle with a note

Yep. Just like Dhalsim, hitting him in the chain hurts him.

With Sol you can block his low stance chain and punish with a 2p lol.

How does one FDC? Is it just really tight and I just suck at this or is it more than just press dust and the plink 2 other buttons?

With Sol you can block his low stance chain and punish with a 2p lol.
Timed correctly you can 2D it. I think that is IB only though.

Yep, it's why Axl hates fighting characters that can put out slow moving, long staying projectiles, cause any of his normals will get himself hit before the attack even connects. He does have Rensengeki to break through and destroy projectiles that block his normals, but I think I-No and Venom can get theirs high enough avoid being hit.

Also for anybody that hasn't seen them, there are some pretty sweet Xrd matches in this playlist.

Heya guys, this has been discussed in the Blazblue thread before, but the popular webseries Death Battle has announced Ragna the Bloodedge vs. Sol Badguy. Comes out next week, so place your bets! please don't overflow the Sol polls

I'm just gonna say that Ragna doesn't have a prayer.

I wanna see Death Battle do a Grappler Battle Royal. Zangief vs Potemkin vs Victor vs Cerebella vs etc etc.

So, I'm starting to get really frustrated with Pot Buster. I can't seem to do it consistently. Like 90% of the time I get 6P or the jumping double punch move instead. The move is probably much easier on a stick, but I don't use one. Any pad player tips? I'm looking at my inputs in training mode, and I always miss one of the directions. Most of the time my input looks like :F::DF::D::DB::DF::F:, and other times it even looks like :F::D::B::F:.