• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Guilty Gear Thread

this isnt A.B.A.
probably another valentine at this rate.

still waiting on surprise Dizzy though.

I'm betting we're gonna get Johnny, Dizzy, Bridget, Anji, and Baiken.

I'm really hoping we get Zappa and ABA in but again, pipe dream . . .

this is turning into Blazblue, soon half thecast will be valentines

I'm wondering where Blazblue 4 is, they already jumped to Guilty Gear Xrth?
it is still Xrd, but instead of sign it is Revelator

I mean, we finally got like System/Arcade equality now ASW wants to ruin it, it wouldnt be such a big deal imo if exclusivity wasnt so long for arcades

So... are we buying a new disc? Or is this gonna be some DLC thing going on here?
Oh ok it's an Update, no need to panic.
ASW still up to their wily ole' tricks.
I don't understand.

I mean, ASW made every one buy a new disc for both Extend versions of Blazblue so probably we will have to buy new discs

Great... can't wait for this to come out in English several months later.

Really hoping I don't have to rebuy the game just for Johnny... But it is Johnny...

556442aab9054.jpg

this isnt A.B.A.
Jam after she's been in prison.
and while in prison, she found a way to make her hair make even less sense.

Hope it's my boy bridget...and well i wont lie id love another valentine in game but i'm sure i'm alone in that thought heh

maybe the real valentine was the friends we made along the way
you know Ruin, we really are the Guilty Gear Xrd.

Reactions: Ruin
Maybe this time Ramlethal wouldn't be so crippled ;_;
I don't know how they're gonna do this console-wise (SFIV-like with DLC update + discounted full disc?), but I'm cautiously excited. Also, I hope they don't mess up Johnny. For render's sake.

wait if that is bridget...then how's he gonna be rushdown with a ball and chain? I want him to play the same DX

For all we know it could be a giant yo-yo strapped to his leg like a "Skip It" toy.

Reactions: Lunerstep
Oh my god I'd love that!

so do certain stages still freeze the game?

No, Frasco and AD2172 no longer freeze the game.

However, (according to Teyah) the PC port has an additional 1f of input lag on top of the 4f of lag the 360 version has. 5f total, 2f over PS3, 3f over #Reload.

It might not be a ball and chain in that silhouette. It might just look that way. If it's an existing character, it has to be Bridget.

I remember seeing in a Japanese interview that when deciding who to put in the initial version the last two characters who didn't make the cut were Johnny and Bridget (Slayer and Venom were chosen over them respectively), so the pair makes sense. And as others have said that user necessarily a ball and chain. Then again, maybe it is, it sure looks like one.

The reason I think it might not be a ball and chain is because that part of the silhouette is smooth. It's not shaped like a chain at all.

If that's Bridget... did he evolve from a nun into a whole Saint? Gratz on the promotion.

I'm going to throw this out there as a guess that it's Soundtrack lady.
img764_ggx_bc_00d.jpg

My friend and I were talking the other day that there should be more characters in Xrd and there would probably be another version coming out with them on it. Welp.

Reactions: Covenant
I've seen that halo-y thing before....where though....
What if it's a cameo character?!

People talkin' 'bout a new valentine, Johnny or a surprise dizzy; all I want is a surprise GGPO.

Reactions: Dime
Lord have mercy, who is that?

It's stuff from early Xrd promos.

Should have gone the Fukua route and be named Sik.

Ugh Johnny. I'd much rather have seen ABA, Dizzy, or Testament (in that order).

i think we all knew johnny would be first since he was so prominent in the story mode

some have said the new silhouette is dark Elph, but I think it's another valentine who also happens to be the space pope.

Dark Elph?
I'm all for AU versions of characters, bring it on.
Melty Blood it up in this shit.
Arc isn't shy about that sort of thing in BB either.

Reactions: Jutsei
The only character we need
Guilty-Gear-7.jpg
I swear, every time I see loS, all I can think of is this idiot
94253062991.jpg

Not sure what to think about the silhouette. My gut reaction is new character, but it could conceivably be Bridget. I imagine we will be getting at least one more character included with this new game/expansion/whatever, if Arc's past revisions are any indication.