• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Guilty Gear Thread

Double post...More footage of Sin and Elphelt

Last edited:
Reactions: EA575
and Elphelt is the closest thing to Jam. :(
I'd say Sin shares more similarities with Jam. Looks like he can cancel specials into each other while the full stomach bar has charge.

Meanwhile, El reminds me of Sengoku Basara's Saika Magoichi as it seems she can change her basic moves by swapping weapons (she even uses the same four types as Mago) with a dash of Alessi from CPSIII JoJo (the crosshair special).

Bara Maximilian?
Or Super Saiyan Slayer. Or "refined" Azrael.
First impression, I'd say he looks cool. Seems like he could be a good addition to the roster. Hopefully a brawler type.
Again, I don't mind the absence of MUH MAINS! if they have worthy "replacements". Alas, that hasn't been the trend so far.

New stage looks very nice.

Give El a Chaika Trabant palette and there might be hope for the girl.

Elphelt Valentine. Welp, that confirms it.
It may be too early to judge, but as I thought, her zoning abilities are pretty useless against rushdown characters or even in general given how fast-paced this game is.

Were there any fighting game characters before Elphelt that had a lock-on target mechanic? I'm crap at aiming in shooters and I don't know well or bad I will be zoning with Elphelt on an arcade stick.

Were there any fighting game characters before Elphelt that had a lock-on target mechanic?
As I made a passing mention, Alessi in Capcom's JoJo's Bizarre Adventure.

I'd say Sin shares more similarities with Jam. Looks like he can cancel specials into each other while the full stomach bar has charge.
;-; does Sin have a rider kick he can do in the air? if not then I'll pass.

also, the main reason I love Jam as a character, and this is something I really can't explain, she just FEELS like a 3D fighting game character. like, the way I play 3D fighters is mash and eventually muscle memory kicks in and I'll start learning things. Jam had that same effect. plus, I just love her design.

Ok, sooo...
With what character i should start messing with, if my "skill" is from Street Fighter AKA make footsies not combos?

Also, is XX reload good for practice before Xrd?

Reload's the best game for practice before Xrd, as that's what Xrd's gameplay is based off of. As for footsies... I dunno if there's a footsies-based character in GG.

Sol vs Elphelt

Ky vs Sin

Reactions: EA575
I'm pretty hype for this game, been messing around on #R to sorta get ready for the game. I like playing okizeme characters so Millia and I-No are the characters I'm looking into, though I-No's execution is pretty crazy in #R. I can't even do chemical love consistently facing left so I might just play Millia. Her neutral game seems more interesting and nuanced anyway

Faust is pretty nice, and he doesn't have a high execution barrier.

I really would love to see a list of who people want back the most. the most obvious one everyone wants is Baiken, but considering Jam is one of the top tier charactersa, Dizzy is popular, where's Johnny, I really am curious.

It's probably the same as the results of the popularity poll they held last year. Dizzy and Bridget are the most wanted characters, but not by competitive players.

I REALLY want that dragon guy to be playable, he reminds me of stanley.

why does everyone hate potemkins redesign? his old one was pretty bland....

cuz guilty gear fans are the 90s kids of fiytan and can't deal with change

People were also complaining about Ky getting a ponytail

know what I was complaining about?

may has pants now wtf is this 0/10 ishiwatari try again

You know im hype for sin and elphent butttttttttt....................¿uǝʞıɐq suǝɥʍ

Faust is pretty nice, and he doesn't have a high execution barrier.
I'm not afraid of higher execution barriers, if i was i wouldn't even think about picking up GG in the first place

i've pretty much made up my mind that i'm playing Millia unless I really like one of the new characters when i try them.

Last edited:
Wouldn't be surprised if at least a couple people accused Xrd's character designers of ripping off Panzerfaust for Pot's new look. That, and a military uniform is simply another kind of generic.

His shoes look weird, but I love the redesign. I wish it looked more Soviet than German though.

Only thing I didn't like was the way that his reveal render made him look. His proportions looked really off, most notably his shoes. Once he was shown in-game it looked a million times better, and I realized that a lot of the renders have some weird proportions and perspectives going on. I was at first upset about the helmet, but got over it. I do wish there was a costume where you could see his face though (outside of Faust's Kanchou super of course). Maybe someday...

722aa80a8db25a7a590d837200963243.jpg

I got to play xrd at pax, I think it's better than xx. The mechanics feel cleaner.

Guilty Gear Xrd scan showing the game's cover with Leo on it.
0p8jx2cv4zi5znkfg.jpg

what original GG music is not DLC?! i think?

That bitch just never stays dead does she?

She's been dead since GG1.

I kinda hope she's playable...but that's just me...

I think there's a strong possibility she will be. They seem to be really careful with who they're showing and everyone that has appeared has ended up playable.

Reactions: Lunerstep
sounds good to me cuse the more for this roster and many old returning and new faces in my opinion the better...although I really wanna know more about all the "Q" look alikes sitting at the table during certain scenes and whats there goal or purpose in all this.

And again I would love to see Justice done in this style.

Reactions: Cybermanworf
So, will these new characters after Sin and Elphelt be DLC or will they be a part of the main roster?

Definitely DLC. Elphelt is already DLC, so there's no way anybody else announced will be included in the main game.