• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Guilty Gear Thread

Wait, is this good or bad? Isn't that cheating?

No it's not. It just allows to gather proper data about all the moves. It helps discover new techs. No real way to abuse it during a match.

Last edited:
Reactions: dusday
Wait, is this good or bad? Isn't that cheating?
it's just like turning on hitboxes in SkullGirls training room. only in this case it's an external program that is taking the data of the attacks and in real time showing the hit/hurt box of the characters.

Yes, but can it be turned on online or just offline?

it's an overlay. it works wherever.
I accidentally went into netplay with it on. it was pretty fuckin' distracting.

Hitboxes are like frame data. They're good reference material. Some people will benefit from the info, while others will just use it as proof that "my character is dumb...I'm switching to Elphelt."

Just some thoughts on the Frosty Fausting top 16.

Glad to see a ton of variance in the top 16. Every character represented except Axl, I-No, Ky, Ram, and Slayer.

That said, I'm a bit disappointed to see an Elph take it. I seriously despise that character for how (relatively) easy she is to play, her stupid "want to get married" theme, that she is a literal waifu, and that bridal express is mostly unpunishable. I know it is fucked when I'm rooting for a Zato over an Elph (since I hate Zato almost as much as I hate Elph).

Anyway, aside from my bit of unreasonable hate, the game is shaping up to have a pretty narrow tier list. I mean... there was a Pot in the top 8!

I really want to play Jack-O and Dizzy when the time comes.
Goddamnit Elph is that common? How is her execution?

She's easy.

If execution is your main concern, I'd really only avoid Chipp, Ram, Venom, and possibly Zato, though I don't think his execution is really hard so much as it is different. Once you get used to negative edge, his combos and pressure strings are fairly straight forward and/or short.

There are others that might give you initial fits (May's oki or Pot's movement), but I'd generally really only shy away from the three I first mentioned.

Last edited:
Glad to see a ton of variance in the top 16. Every character represented except Axl, I-No, Ky, Ram, and Slayer.
no Axl makes me a sad man. but i better look back to see may and bedman if what you're saying is true!

If you're a Bedman fan, checkout GCYoshi13.

save us from the bunny waifu dizzy

do what millia failed to do

one garbage waifu cannot cancel out another garbage waifu
you only end up with more garbage
we need a real man to save this game
a man made out of metal
on a quest
for ass

one garbage waifu cannot cancel out another garbage waifu
you only end up with more garbage
we need a real man to save this game
a man made out of metal
on a quest
for ass
hahahahahahahahahaha i hope you're not suggesting pot because you know he can't do it

edit: i just realized who you're talking about and i doubt he'd have much luck either

Its pretty obvious only Testament can save us now. The power of androngyny and annoying as hell gameplay traps is our only salvation

I wish I could confidently say Baiken but hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha Baiken being able to beat Elphelt's gameplay style.

Well the benefit of Testament joining the game is Xrd would finally have a character I hate more than Elph.

Reactions: CatfishZealot
What this game really needs is Justice

and the character, too

Reactions: CatfishZealot
No, we need a real man, one that can stand against the greater evil that is Elphelt and bring order to the roster.

latest

E: I really hope it didn't get turned into a pic for ants because of my phone.

Last edited:
So I just looked up Jack-O minion/bomb mechanic and oh my god I want to play her so bad.

From what I can tell and find out in the internet, she's a mid tier character that really suffers at the hands of characters that can pressure her while hitting her boxes... mostly Axl. You'll probably want a second character two circumvent her bad MU... or just put in the hours upon hours.

I'm hype for Dizzy... where oh where is my Dizzy?

Motherfucker I'm getting dizzy with Dizzy on AC+R.

As in "I'm sure that if I go online I will get bodied like in SG". But she's still fun to try and setup shit with her moves.

Motherfucker I'm getting dizzy with Dizzy on AC+R.
I always loved how Dizzy played.

I remember practicing Ice Spike FRCs in #Reload.

And she's totally best girl. And now best mom.

I remember practicing Ice Spike FRCs in #Reload.
That's the first FRC I ever learned (AC, but same move). Rather funny in hindsight given that I main Millia (all the FRCs) and only sub Dizzy.

I'm super curious how she will be in Xrd, though. If she's a more rushdown focused character and still has the ranged tools, I may switch to maining her.

I know that was her game plan in earlier games, but I do hope they mix her up a tiny bit. Right now Xrd isn't hurting for characters that "knock you down and try to set up something". Off the top of my head, Bedman, May, and Millia are almost completely designed around oki setplay. Ram and Zato around corner setplay. I-no around both. Most characters have some for of either as well: Ky's stun edge, Pot being a grappler, and so on. I'd really like them to make her a tiny bit different than "get knockdown > fish > something". Of course, she'd be a setplay zoner so maybe that's different enough...

Would YRCing all of her summons open up a lot of options? Because that seems like what could boost her game plan in Xrd significantly. especially since they're probably not bringing back j.2S grumble grumble