• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Guilty Gear Thread

Well, I decided to go through the Xrd story modes, when...
1gI0C57.png
I think someone watched Back to the Future.

Back to the Gears.
Featuring Doc Paradigm and Marty McZappa.

We're gonna see some serious shit when that decides to happen.

Now we just need a paper bag on Potemkin.

Also, drunk Sol is amazing. Drunk-Sol for new fighter.

Last edited:
Now we just need a paper bag on Potemkin.
The joke is about the change to his crouching hitbox, it was lowered, apparently someone thinks it's too low.

Guys I don't mean to derail the discussion but Jam speaks in very broken english in Revelator and it bugs me. Why does she do this

82231700b2e14f7b9d6b3c207956bbbb.png

+R Zappa is a Jojo reference.
He is wearing Dio's clothes. Guilty Gear has a few Jojo references. Fighting games tend to have Jojo references.

When's this lady on the cover of -Sign-'s OST. Playable. Maybe a little more covered up too.

16940106b7d94422a4aace43ed5eef9d.png

He is wearing Dio's clothes. Guilty Gear has a few Jojo references. Fighting games tend to have Jojo references.

IIRC, in an interview, Daisuke said that Guilty Gear started out as Jojo fan-art he doodled in his noteboke.

IIRC, in an interview, Daisuke said that Guilty Gear started out as Jojo fan-art he doodled in his noteboke.
Any chance you could find that? Curious to see it.

Don't have it on hand, I was linked to it in a conversation 4-5 years ago or so. I seem to recall it's a really old one wherein he also jokingly claimed that Bridget, rather than Sol, is his avatar in-universe.

how fucking crazy is it that a series with a bunch of macho dudes, fabulous outfits, music references out the ass, and weird powers influenced another series with macho dudes, fabulous outfits, music references out the ass, and weird powers

how fucking crazy is it that a series with a bunch of macho dudes, fabulous outfits, music references out the ass, and weird powers influenced another series with macho dudes, fabulous outfits, music references out the ass, and weird powers
Well when you say it like that, it makes the inspiration sooo much more obvious.

Whens a cross over? NOW THAT would be a fighting game to end all fighting games.

It'd be so metal, detectors would blow up from just being in the same area;
So Fabulous that it'd be sold in Gucci stores;
So macho, every gym would add it to all exercise routines;
and so weird and so bizarre that any explanation of it to someone would devolve into "You've just got to play it and you'll understand. Maybe."

Reactions: HeadcrabNinja
i bet they have sleepovers and do each others' nails

Is that before or after Araki starts choking bitches?

I mean I was semidecent with Faust on a keyboard but now I'm like below scrub level with a pad.

How do you even do motions with those buttons.
Press down, Press right, Release down. You got a QCF.

You use those things kinda like you use a piano. :D

Also FYI the one red button that's away from the others is supposed to be up, but I dunno if I like that. Seems to complicate Tiger Knee'ing a bit.

And to not off-top, I'll add Guilty Gear XX was the first fighting game I started to play on keyboard. Took some getting used to, but I'd never trade it for a pad now.

Oh those good old times I could do pretzel motion on the left side but not on right. Good times, good times.

Last edited:
optimal my anus
You not knowing shit doesn't change things. People outside of Marvel wanted to ban it because it's better than a stick. (Marvel wanted to ban it because MvC3 has nothing that stops you from blocking both directions at once for some reason. That was patched quickly though)

How do you even do motions with those buttons.
Exactly how it looks? If you want to know anything specific it's probably in this playlist.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLA4B222224DEFCD80

the one red button that's away from the others is supposed to be up, but I dunno if I like that
I didn't like the idea until I tried it, it's actually super useful, some of the above videos demonstrate why.

Seems to complicate Tiger Knee'ing a bit.
Not at all, it's just a motion like any other.

Last edited:
Imma just lay this here to help stop the "which controller do you use" debate.
Use what you feel best with.
I know some people who love playing Guilty Gear with pad, others who like to play with stick.
Do what ya like, really.

Keyboards and hit boxes aren't similar at all.

Keyboard a have a big space to fully press the button and you're meant to use 3 fingers at most on the arrows.

Hit boxes uses short buttons and the d pad is meant to have each finger fixed on each direction (4 fingers used)

I think most people use a hit-box style button config for keyboard though?

Yep. I don't, but most people put left, down and right near WSAD and space is up. Then attacks wherever they want.

I saw many people complaining they couldn't do that in GG Xrd on PC cause at first space was unbindable.

And I really don't see how space to press will make a big difference for someone changing between the 2.

I only use my Hitbox to play Bedman. With Hitbox, his 8 way air movement is really simple. To do his 993 triangle jump, you simply hold down 2 and 6 and double tap 8. With a stick the motion would be 95953. The Hitbox removes the need to return the stick to neutral (or non jump input) after each jump.
Recently I added a jump button to my joystick. I just rewired my taunt button, so I can jump with both the joystick and a button. It's really helpful for things like Axl's air DP, jump installs and Bedman's air movement. I like it for super jumps as well. It also makes things a lot less stressful for my left wrist.