• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Guilty Gear Thread

there's no console version Xrd release date announced, right? all i've heard is that arc said it'll be out on PS3 & PS4 eventually.

and no idea if that even includes outside of japan. knowing arc, i presume not.
I'm sure we'll get guilty gear Xrd outside of Japan. it will just take a while.

I was just watching an xrd vid and noticed that Ky says Dizzy & Sin's names during one of his loss quotes.

I always liked that bit in GG2 about how he went home and became a family man. Guile would be proud.

there's no console version Xrd release date announced, right? all i've heard is that arc said it'll be out on PS3 & PS4 eventually.

and no idea if that even includes outside of japan. knowing arc, i presume not.

I remember the announcement trailer mentioned 2014 but nothing more than that. Things could have changed though. Release date is definitely Japan only. If we're lucky, ASW will have Aksys localize and it won't take that long. Maybe a month or two. But if decide to localize it themselves again like they did BBCS Extend and BBCP, don't be surprised if we wait almost half a year for the localization again ;.; I'll probably get an imported copy in the mean time if that happens.

One of the best tracks on the whole OST was the first one. It had my hype for the rest of the OST, too bad I ended up a little disappointed.

If I was ASW, I'd be trying to hide the existence of "Heavy Day".

Who would write a song that sounds like late '90s/early 00s Metallica, and be proud of it?!?!

Yeah, but the Metallica references have, in the past, always been from when the band wasn't terrible.

I realllllly don't like the vocalist.
Enjoy the guitar riffs. but the vocalist is killing it for me.
is this like the opening theme or?

I realllllly don't like the vocalist.
Enjoy the guitar riffs. but the vocalist is killing it for me.
is this like the opening theme or?
Yes, it's the opener for Xrd.

Whens A.B.A.
Given that Mori still likes using Paracelsus as his avatar (being his VA) and that shows up from time to time in BB stuff, it's pretty doubtful Arc would forget Aba.

I'm waiting to see Goku Moroha in Xrd. Hopefully with it's own theme, like Dragon Install.
GGAC_ABA_henshitsu.png

I'm waiting to see Goku Moroha in Xrd. Hopefully with it's own theme, like Dragon Install.
GGAC_ABA_henshitsu.png
I really don't care as long as ABA makes it in, or Justice but I need my ABA main

Neither my main (A.B.A) or sub (Bridget) made it in so far. I'm kind of want to learn Bedman, but I still really want A.B.A and Bridget.

"Heavy Day" Lyrics

Detonator will come out of nowhere yeah
Trick, Cheat, Fraud, Lie, Sulfur in the air

"So let it be, oh let it be", says all debaters
Six times knocking on the door
No response, but hey you already

Back to Back! Death comes riding on a midnight train
Back to Back! Conscience is screaming to the end
Back to Back! Can not let anyone do it again
Back to Back! I can no longer pretend
Give me a break, you damned
Just wanna get back my dice again
Blazing down, What a heavy day

Now, you hear the rumble from the ground yeah
Trick, Cheat, Fraud, Lie. Clown is dancing around yeah

"So let it be, oh let it be", seems I'm the traitor
Six times knocking on the door One last chance, you('ve) got to stand

(Repeat *1)

Hey Hey Hey

We made a contract with a clown and had a high old time
No body doubted his true purpose, oh yeah
Not knowing we had given up everything we had left
All odds and options denied, trapped here in this dead end

Back to Back! Death comes riding on a midnight train
Back to Back! Conscience is screaming to the end
Back to Back! Blade is already on your jugular vein
Back to Back! It's now or never, last chance to stand

Give me a break, you damned
Just wanna get back my dice again
Blazing down, What a heavy day

"Lily" Lyrics

Lily, not changed a bit (but) the sky is not the same no more today
There is no turning back
Lily, not changed a bit covers (are) all we judge books by today
If they are shiny or not

Every page inside is meaningful as always
But no one's gonna read them out again

Oh Please don't wait for me Darling
Stay out of the cold rain For your heart maybe come rusty
Oh Please don't wait for me Darling
Don't stand there in this heat Your soul is drying up

You don't need to wait, need to wait, need to wait for us (no more)

Lily, you never change (But) wind's are not so soft no more today
They changed cold and sad
Lily, you never change (But) they all want a brand new box today
No matter what's inside

All these pieces that meant so much to me those days
(The) tide has washed them all away to vain

(Repeat *1)

You don't need to wait, need to wait, need to wait for us

What is there to say? Everything's too late
And we all accept it that way, so be it
(The) Time marches on, Really?

Oh, Please don't wait for me Darling
Stay out of the cold rain For your heart maybe come rusty
Oh, Please don't wait for me Darling
Just stay safe and sound. As long as you are there
I will figure (it) out, figure (it) out, figure (it) out for you once more

Ahhh, I remember those nights getting my ass handed to me by Anji before getting completely destroyed by the Boss I-no....good times, tearful times

I liked that game....
I never said it was bad. in fact, I said if its as good as the one WayForward made I will be happy. unless the fortune face counts as a Kappa face...

I never said it was bad. in fact, I said if its as good as the one WayForward made I will be happy. unless the fortune face counts as a Kappa face...

Sorry I just felt sarcasm from that statement haha. I've never actually heard anybody speak well of that game. Or ever bring it up.

so is the yellow flash the new FRC? and also why does the regular Roman Cancel appear to slow the game down?

so is the yellow flash the new FRC? and also why does the regular Roman Cancel appear to slow the game down?
YRC is when you RC a move before active, it only costs 25% tension so yeah basically FRC.

The slowdown? I have no idea why they added that.

it looks abuseable, like in the match above Chip was able to combo into IK, ugh no one should be able to do it ever

Yea, not sure how I feel about comboing to IK...

Although, i hate how useless they are in GGAC+R. Some of them have really cool animations but you never see them.
I don't like how Arc puts all these cool looking supers in their games, that you never see. Like in BB and Persona its the same thing. Using a Astral is basically just a swag move.

it looks abuseable, like in the match above Chip was able to combo into IK, ugh no one should be able to do it ever
IK activation also freezes the game, so that helped too!

Yea, not sure how I feel about comboing to IK...

Although, i hate how useless they are in GGAC+R. Some of them have really cool animations but you never see them.
I don't like how Arc puts all these cool looking supers in their games, that you never see. Like in BB and Persona its the same thing. Using a Astral is basically just a swag move.
Persona is one where you see them most often, you still can't combo into them but their invincibility makes them decent, and of course most of them sucked. . .(looking at you Elizabeth and Noel), I felt GG should have taken an approach similar to that

From footage i've seen, can't you only do IKs in Xrd when it's the last round, the opponent is under X amount of life, like Astrals?

From footage i've seen, can't you only do IKs in Xrd when it's the last round, the opponent is under X amount of life, like Astrals?
If that's the case, I'd be fine with it.
Balancing out the IKs with conditions makes it a bit more fun and awesome when you actually land it.

Nah. Xrd's like a second sequel to #Reload. The almost anytime IK that killed Tension meters probably returned for Xrd.

Nah. Xrd's like a second sequel to #Reload. The almost anytime IK that killed Tension meters probably returned for Xrd.

"Probably returned" is not good proof.

Here's ways Ky can combo into his IK. The first one is straight up corner dust into IK mode into IK.

The training dummy is under X amount of life, with flashing health bar. The win screen pops up. Astrals and P4U IKs do the same thing.

If Ky could combo corner dust into IK without under X life last round, then all he would need to do is do it whenever you don't have burst and he wins the round. In fact, there are MULTIPLE ways to combo into his IK from the video, from low, from dust, and if he has full meters I imagine he could do corner throw->RC->623H->RC IK. That would be beyond retarded if he could do that guaranteed whenever you don't have burst.

That flashing health bar tells that the character is in Hell Fire mode, not that he can be IK'd. Also, health bars don't flash in P4A. In that, the character portrait of the one who can IK starts flashing, and they can be done with the opponent at full health like in GG.

I bet if Dizzy gets added later on her IK will still be the worst move of all time.

Startup so long Ky can activate IK mode and destroy you before your IK comes out? Mmmmmmmm.

Back