• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Her Parasite is as Deadly as her Beauty - it's the Blood Goddess Eliza!!! Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we go by real world logic, She's probably at least 5000 years old.
Indeed.
I'm just "playing it safe" and saying 2000. I don't know if there's a Skullgirls equivalent of B.C. and A.D..

I guess the "current guise for about 20 years now" threw me off
It does raise the question - what of the other years? Inactive (entombed)? Living under a different alias?

Also wondering about Samson and Leviathan since they're also around the same age. Curious to know if Leviathan was bonded with a host at the time and if said host had any connection with Eliza. It's as they say - the plot thickens!

Based Alex
tumblr_mzvc80m3cp1rip8ybo3_1280.jpg

http://o-8.tumblr.com/post/74298759773/i-have-returned-from-japan-er-like-3-weeks-ago

You can tell by some illustrations that the trip was quite inspirational.

And don't worry, Oujo-sama. They shall all lend their blood one way or another. Withered husks to praise thy name and sing thy beauty.
xSJn1kC.gif

It's funny because Annie has had like 6 shirts.

Reactions: EA575
Peasants? Seems there's no regard to nomenclature these days.
As for why Oujo-sama's dazzling effigy has only now been engraved in casual wear, there is a perfectly good explanation for that: like Oujo-sama we are a sophisticated sort with more refined taste in attire. Meanwhile, someone else is constantly depicted in commoners' wear. If that does not speak volumes, then I do not know what does.

Pray tell, am I beginning to grasp this business with the "firing" and the "shots" everyone's so fond of these days? :3

But there are other matters requiring our attention.
Recently, the walking, musical sarcophagus has made his stage and theme known. I dare say it has the potential to be one of the most picked, given how well it's shaping up.
Obviously, it is of utmost importance that our Oujo-sama is not outplayed in this aspect, not by Mr Birdland and not by anyone.
We have discussed the sounds but not the locales - what is, in your minds, the appropriate stage for Oujo-sama to teach lessons about the cost of insolence? Let us remember that as a character originally planned to be the final battle of a potential Skullgirls 2, she is deserving of something as solemn and awe-inspiring as the Final Atrium...though perhaps not for this iteration.
The nightclub? The "donation bank"? Her own abode? And this later just makes me wonder what place someone so prestigious would call home - Great Gatsby-style manor, a penthouse or her own towering building, that in itself also doubles as a blood bank?

On the matter of sounds, a tune in this style might be quite fitting IHMO. More Egyptian than Middle-Eastern, of course.

Reactions: Aidenallard
How close is BigBand close to being finished :(

close enough for Eliza to be worked on, I'm pretty sure BB only has to be colored in fully and the only stuff left is his air attacks I believe

close enough for Eliza to be worked on, I'm pretty sure BB only has to be colored in fully and the only stuff left is his air attacks I believe
He has all his air normals.

I think it's just like, one or two moves left? I know two of his supers are unfinished, I'll make a checklist.

Well Tuba Tuba, Timpani Blaster, Death toll, and level 3 are still uncolored super wise, his air punches and kicks (not j.lk) and his grab are what I think is left

Pose Animations: 4/7 (?)
Hurt Animations: Like 70% done
S. Normals: 6/6 done
J. Normals: 1/6 (lk only finished)
C. Normals: 6/6 done
Grabs 0/2
Specials: 1/3
Supers: 1/3

Sooo I wuld say BB's like, 65% done.

There's also balancing to do obviously. Emergency Brake is a move that Big Band's only had for 2 days and some testing is going to need to be done to make sure it isn't broken, for example.

Yeah, Big Band will still require some thorough testing before a official release. Though, as we all know, that is always a WIP as players always manage to find things the game designers, despite all their savviness, didn't think possible.

I suppose Eliza is still in the drawing board, with Alex and Mike sorting out her move set from several different proposals (just like how it went for Big Band). In the meantime, they can work on simpler things like idle stances and walk cycles.

Didn’t they wrote "DONE" in today’s Patchnotes? Maybe he is finished, and they now work on the stage and story mode. On the way to this, I think they will release more and more things until they can finish it up with the last details.

But also, just because they work on Eliza doesn’t mean Big Band is done. The animators work on Eliza for more than a month now, because Big Band is nearly fully animated. Coloring, balancing and putting the sounds together isn’t their business.

And guys: Big Band has his own topic. Why ask this question in Eliza’s and continue answering it? I know I’m guilty of the same thing now, but please continue here:

One Big Night! One Big Show! One Big Man! One Big Band! General Discussion

Pls keep big fat brass butts out of Oujo-samas thread...you...you servants!

But I digress, it's Annie time.

Reactions: Error Macro
Pls keep big fat brass butts out of Oujo-samas thread...you...you servants!

Cool down spare blood bottle, were about to leave. But don’t forget: Lab 8 is hard on your heels, so don’t try anything funny.

But if it is really funny, try it here please:

Funny and Random Vids/Gifs/Pics/Memes Thread!!!

And now excuse us, were about to kick some Skullgirl-Ass. Might consider that instead of fanatically following an evil seductress that eats your blood for breakfast.

I did run a pretty successful blood drive. Yes, the very essence of charity dwells deep in both our hearts. Our benevolence unfaltering, our kindness unmatched. *sparkle sparkle*

*Creepy Stuff*
I think I found some real life footage of @Balder.

Such malicious rumors! I only try to help the hearts of the masses find what they truly seek. They all yearn for Oujo-sama, all I do is peacefully point the way. Occasionally some heretics step out of line and my hand is forced to reroute their strayed selves back...but I do so out of genuine concern for their own well being. What shall become of them if they do not know the bliss of adoring Oujo-sama?
*looks at mirror* My selflessness surprises even myself.

Nonetheless, please don't lump me with those amateurs. A handful of wankers in their little S&M dungeon are but insects before the Overseers of History.

Very random note, all the talk about years and the lore questions about the most mundane aspects in the SGverse made me wonder about average life expectancy in the Canopy Kingdom. Next I'll probably wonder about IRS tax forms. Getting old sucks... (.__.)

Reactions: Broseidon Rex
Well, Annie and Eliza are gonna skew that average life expectancy a bit.

Very random note, all the talk about years and the lore questions about the most mundane aspects in the SGverse made me wonder about average life expectancy in the Canopy Kingdom. Next I'll probably wonder about IRS tax forms. Getting old sucks... (.__.)
I think the life expectancy for most people in the Canopy Kingdom is the same as the U.S.
I also heard that Elves live slightly longer lives while Gigans live slightly shorter lives.
I hope that answers your question.

There's a new t-shirt with a design by Alex in the works and since it's about the 5 DLC characters, it ostensibly features our glorious Oujo-sama.
Apparently, posters and postcards with this design will also be a thing. Bless thy walls with the effigy of Oujo-sama!

20140128213907-igg_shirt_design_layers.png

There's a new t-shirt with a design by Alex in the works and since it's about the 5 DLC characters, it ostensibly features our glorious Oujo-sama.
Apparently, posters and postcards with this design will also be a thing. Bless thy walls with the effigy of Oujo-sama!

20140128213907-igg_shirt_design_layers.png
oh my god the zaku/convoy/gran trooper/upside down/grey fox heads

robo fortune is going to be so sick

OH NO SHE'S ADORABLE

Reactions: mcpeanuts
I check Mariel's Twitter every goddamned day except at the right moments... T_T

Full version for optimal worshiping.
BfLoH8GCUAIZDUU.jpg:large

Intro or super perhaps?
Intro seems likely. You know what would be grand? If she had a intro exclusive for her stage like in Darkstalkers.
Super - Albus and Horace drag the opponent off screen and beat the insolence out of him/her. Oujo-sama tires of your shenanigans!

OH NO SHE'S ADORABLE
He's starting to give in, ladies and gentlemen. Mark my words.

I check Mariel's Twitter every goddamned day except at the right moments... T_T

Full version for optimal worshiping.
BfLoH8GCUAIZDUU.jpg:large

Intro seems likely. You know what would be grand? If she had a intro exclusive for her stage like in Darkstalkers.
Super - Albus and Horace drag the opponent off screen and beat the insolence out of him/her. Oujo-sama tires of your shenanigans!

He's starting to give in, ladies and gentlemen. Mark my words.

I would say it's a time out pose

Reactions: Armageddon11
The angle of her crown antenna thingy is off. Seems turned by say 90 degrees clockwise. Wonder why.

The angle of her crown antenna thingy is off. Seems turned by say 90 degrees clockwise. Wonder why.
It's supposed to resemble the feather hieroglyph (and Maat's headdress) and she has it in her hair like a flapper.

Last edited:
It's supposed to resembled the feather hieroglyph (and Maat's headdress) and she has it in her hair like a flapper.

....you know for the longest I didn't know what it was, I see it now

Kinda surprised that they didn't do something like this for her time out animation:
73831.gif

Reactions: jam1220
It's supposed to resemble the feather hieroglyph (and Maat's headdress) and she has it in her hair like a flapper.
Thought the feather is fixed in position to have the barb going towards the back of her head. Interesting that that's not the case.

Thought the feather is fixed in position to have the barb going towards the back of her head. Interesting that that's not the case.
I suspect that it may be done so that it's always facing the camera.

Interesting.
Like Muro, my initial thought was that the feather would be fixed but this had me assuming it's meant to evoke ancient Egyptian art.

Truly, Oujo-sama stands for all that is good and righteous. :3

Incidentally, the recliner has some crook-esque designs about it but that might be coincidental, especially since I can't spot any flail imagery and those two always go hand in hand.
Side note, I wonder if that recliner moves. #TheRealSwagWagon

Reactions: PaperBag_Sniper
Status
Not open for further replies.