• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Her Parasite is as Deadly as her Beauty - it's the Blood Goddess Eliza!!! Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's all being used for the Sonic and Pony fandoms. Skullgirls is just not popular enough.
Easy enough to fix. Who even needs jackals and falcons anyway. While they're still early in production, lets give Albus a Sonic head, Horace a pony one and just watch the fanarts flow.

I'll try and think of who to ask, don't wanna step on any toes though heh, but definitely worth a shot.
Mike Z might be the right person to ask. I think Ravidrath would be more suitable to answer that but he's not as active on the board.
The only toes you might step would be those of VAs pinning for the job. :3
The approach is up to you but I think it would be wise to underline the fact that you are applying as a professional and not simply as a fan. While welcome, good intentions only go so far.

While they're still early in production, lets give Albus a Sonic head, Horace a pony one and just watch the fanarts flow.
We gonna have to deface every single piece of ancient Egyptian art depicting Anubis and Horus so that the mythological references can remain though...

Ya ain't makin' Eliza better, yer makin' Sonic and ponies worse.
Sometimes the world must burn for true beauty to take her rightful place amongst ants....hm...that sounded rather evil....maybe I should lock up me evil heirlooms box....*puts replica Skullheart paperweight, M.Bison hat, Solidus Snake eye patch and Dr. Doom cloak in box*

Mike Z might be the right person to ask. I think Ravidrath would be more suitable to answer that but he's not as active on the board.
The only toes you might step would be those of VAs pinning for the job. :3
The approach is up to you but I think it would be wise to underline the fact that you are applying as a professional and not simply as a fan. While welcome, good intentions only go so far.
Hey thanks for the idea man, I'll try that. What do you think is the best way to contact him regarding something like this?

Sorry for going off topic guys hah.

EmpfRg0.png

*mummification just got sexy*
5ca.gif

Is that her getting slapped during Excellebella animation?
Could be but it might also be her state while Sekhmet is active. If I'm not mistaken, this was the original concept for that:
Tumblr_mjxv2ugrzw1s4c693o3_400.jpg

You might be right and it is a hit state but with Big Band getting lifted off the ground and slapped around, I don't think her dress and ankh would be much of a issue in terms of space.

Could be but it might also be her state while Sekhmet is active. If I'm not mistaken, this was the original concept for that:
Tumblr_mjxv2ugrzw1s4c693o3_400.jpg

You might be right and it is a hit state but with Big Band getting lifted off the ground and slapped around, I don't think her dress and ankh would be much of a issue in terms of space.

I might get hate for this here, but I REALLY hope its not a state she goes into when sekhmet is active, why would she be gagged and flinching? I really like the old concept if that was what it really was.

Old concept is pretty boss, I'm just thinking that the thing Zone's working on is for something else. Aesthetically it wouldn't make sense since Eliza's letting lose Sekh, and so I imagine her body is not as solid or human as it would be (no skeletal base) also not as dramatic as the old one.

I might get hate for this here, but I REALLY hope its not a state she goes into when sekhmet is active, why would she be gagged and flinching? I really like the old concept if that was what it really was.
I'm just making a wild guess based on a couple of similarities, namely the anchored staff and restrainment (there the fastened ankhh, here the bandages). I also don't think it's suitable given the fact Eliza and Sekhmet are basically one entity.
But I also don't think it's the hit state as for those it would make more sense to see skin/blood fly off and make Sekhmet visible.

I can't recall anyone with a move that would place the opponent in such a state so here's a crazy theory - what if Eliza has a Blockbuster that transforms the opponent and this is the mirror match effect? Let's face it, she's got the craziest looking moves in the cast and we've only seen about a fourth of it. A Midnight Bliss-esque Blockbuster would not be out of place.

That escalated quickly.
Does it ever escalate any other way? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I can't recall anyone with a move that would place the opponent in such a state so here's a crazy theory

Excellebella?

I think if you flip it upside down, it looks a lot like the other excellebella hanging poses.

if that
Excellebella?

I think if you flip it upside down, it looks a lot like the other excellebella hanging poses.
were the case i think her hair would be following the laws of physics and not the other way around, it looks like her transformation, kinda reminds of how in KLK when satsuki did her Kamui override and it would awkwardly wrap around her before being perfectly bound together to form Junketsu

It could be part of her burst animation... sorta like Valentine's. I could be wrong but what ever, Zone-Sama gives us gold anyways so I'm not complaining.

Case closed! Another mystery solved...thanks to.....twitter? Twitter...hmm. kinda anti-climactic....

the animators are having way too much with her and oh good lord she is just the most epic looking thing alive

I was curious how tall Horace and Albus are when compared to Big Band. So, I stole borrowed Cellsai's compilation from this post, sized Big Band up to scale and added the Eliza and bodyguards pic in scale for a rough comparison. They're not tiny, that's for sure.
H3zWTxa.png

This is why I only use actual comparisons of in game sprites to check the heights :P

Albus Horace.jpg

Albus and Horace are identical heights (not counting ears/feathers), and both of them are just a little shorter than the top of Eliza's ankh scarf.

Height Comparison Eliza + bb.png

But yeah, BB's on the money. He's just a little taller than Eliza. And in honor of Big Band, the image is gigantic.

(And before there is more confusion, obviously when this chart is concerned we are talking in game hit box heights. We know the characters are crouching, leaning over, spine contorting, etc. When someone says "Wow, Eliza is actually the same height as Big Band!" we are obviously aware that Big Band is literally taller when he stands up straight and not in his combat stance. It just makes everyone involved look silly when it gets pointed out.)

Last edited:
You know what? Even though my initial thoughts on her were kind of shaky Lab Zero has kept Eliza classy and sexy without having to rely on excessive jiggle or titillation. I've really been down with all of Eliza's animations up til now because in short they rock and I'm going to main her solely because of her c.HK and Sekhmet transformation.

That being said can anyone explain to me why her throw animation looks like she's hired the worst embalmers in the business to put her in a sarcophagus? I know what game this is but even this is gratuitous.

View attachment 2353
hm? never notice that part of her mike. Is it a hinge or something? does that mean that bladely looking part is adjustable? You know cause it's a microphone...but wait that would mean the hinge would be on the top where the mike part is? Or maybe i'm over thinking junk?
The blade can spin.

That being said can anyone explain to me why her throw animation looks like she's hired the worst embalmers in the business to put her in a sarcophagus? I know what game this is but even this is gratuitous.
My first guess would be so that her scythe is compact and close to her during the grab animations, so it doesn't fly around and look weird during the more eccentric throws. Doesn't explain why her clothes turn into wrappings, but I guess we'll have to see it in motion before it makes sense, if any. I'm with several of you, in that these frames seem a bit much.

As weird as her throw in/out looks, I think her being binded to the mic would keep her form together because her flesh may come off if she was thrown around especially with Bella's showstopper.

Yeah, I was also kinda hoping she wouldn't have any animations like this in-game. To be fair though, these thrown sequences should usually go by kinda fast, and the bandages look like they actually cover more skin than her normal outfit does. It's "slow-mo" bait for sure, but if these are the only animations that show her like this, it shouldn't get too annoying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back