• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Her Parasite is as Deadly as her Beauty - it's the Blood Goddess Eliza!!! Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Until I saw stills of it, I didn't realize Parasoul had animation frames for a whiffed air throw besides grabbing nothing.

Oh a WHIFFED throw, now I'm understanding this whole conversation haha. Those don't tend to be particularly long animations

If Eliza's blood/sand mechanic is still there, what I want to happen is that she has a make-it-rain super that uses the blood/sand that's on the screen. That way, you'd have Eliza second, call her as an assist and as she gets hit the blood/sand will be on the ground. Then, with enough blood/sand, your opponent makes a shitty assist call, then you DHC into Eliza and their assist dies.

The game is lacking something that can make assists straight up die at neutral.
Yes! I always thought the game needed a "hailstorm." People use assists too liberally. People will just throw out assists full-screen because they can. We need a way to make them think twice about doing that. Meter doesn't build like MvC2 or MvC3 so it's not something that people will have available at all times. It would be good but not that good. I also think the game would be more interesting with THCs and DTAs but those will just end up being another reason to run teams.

Yeah, I was also kinda hoping she wouldn't have any animations like this in-game. To be fair though, these thrown sequences should usually go by kinda fast, and the bandages look like they actually cover more skin than her normal outfit does.
And it might go inconspicuous amidst other frames...unless it's the "freeze" frame while being caught on throws like Parasoul's and Valentine's. Not discussing appropriateness or lack thereof but it does seem a elaborate transformation for something that happens pretty quickly. Difficult to say without context.

Anyway, emlan was kind enough to share a high resolution version of the summon_servant_medium concept art:
pchat%20eliza16%20horus.png

At this rate, she probably conceptualized half the incoming Encore stuff all by herself. :PUN:

Last edited:
Hmm, it almost looks like the divekick actually starts as some kind of command jump. Maybe the move has Eliza jump, and THEN Horace comes down to grab her and bring foot to face?

I don't know why anyone would get bent out of shape for a single out of context hit stun frame. Check out Fortune's hit stun derp faces or Cerebella drooling on herself. They end up working a lot better in motion!

I always thought the game needed a "hailstorm."

Parasoul sniper shot.

To those unaware, YouTube's CPS2 virtuoso, WizzyWhipitWonderful, has been composing a vast collection of original tunes for the cast of Skullgirls, both PCs and NPCs. The latest addition is for our glorious Oujo-sama:

If you are interested in more or want to offer praise and/or critique, there is a dedicated topic in our board. The composer has been kind enough to register to the board for the sole purpose of responding to our input.

This particular piece sounds like Doom 95 level music if the game was set in ancient Egypt.

Hm... Serious Sam 95?

BlI72RpIQAMuKJ_.png

it's probably for when she getting thrown rather than doing the throwing, i guess because her flesh, clothing etc is all made out of blood then there's no reason it couldn't turn into wrappings, my guess is in this situation Sekhmet knows whats coming and therefore opts for bandages because of preservation purposes (you gotta remember she's from ancient egypt).

Or perhaps this is the last vestige of Eliza herself, trying to fight her parasites control. Although given that she's been entirely liquified to sustain Sekhmet, that cant be going too well. Perhaps we'll get a better idea of context when we see it in motion.

For the record i like it, i dont consider it gratuitous (probably because i prefer looking at women several sizes bigger than Eliza) but i do find it very expressive, which is true of all the characters in Skullgirls. They're all so well animated it does kind of bring the characters to life (or undeath in some cases).

Last edited:
Maybe she's wrapped up cause it's kinky?
Yeah, I'm not sure there's much more meaning to her thrown frames than this. I was playing around with Valentine earlier today and I expect these frames will be what you'll see quite a bit if you're grab happy like I am. :(

I think she's wrapped up because she'll fall apart otherwise because of the throw and being held in a bad position like that

Most likely this is the dizzy animation I'm guessing (silver chord) & it's her spinning around like all the other characters do. Essentially it's just 1 or 3 frames anyways...so yeah

And Eliza doesn't fight off parasitic control....whatever could you be talking about. They go way back. If she looks flustered or displeased it's probably something that she doesn't agree with. Like a throw.

Most likely this is the dizzy animation I'm guessing (silver chord) & it's her spinning around like all the other characters do. Essentially it's just 1 or 3 frames anyways...so yeah

And Eliza doesn't fight off parasitic control....whatever could you be talking about. They go way back. If she looks flustered or displeased it's probably something that she doesn't agree with. Like a throw.

Ahh I didn't read that -_- lol anyways, pleaaaase give Eliza a divekick lol. Once you've a divekick...you just can't go back

Kinuko said:
We tried drawing Eliza with our eyes closed.
This is why I love Lab Zero.

That moment when I realize that their blind drawings are better than my best...

as if. can't beat the creator at his own game
But Mr Kim did. Had someone just moved his arm to the side so hair and head be aligned and I dare say he'd nail it. A consequence of his minimalist style, I wager. Incidentally, he posted a higher resolution of his own attempt:
And someone else "polished it":

Speaking of Twitters:
Move out of the way, Adam! Go reach out to the truth somewhere else! >:[

I wonder how many of Eliza's basic animations are done so that we can see her super early form in the beta.

I really like her new animations, they look completely okay to me.

From the latest (and on-going) stream:
VeMDUrP.png

Seems they are working on the color map and alternate palettes.

EDIT: HER GLORY FOREVER BE PRAISED.
O9oTrHw.jpg

Just saw her opening sequence. Albus and Horace carry her in a palanquin. I could not hit Prt Scr, such was the awe taking hold of my heart. Oujo-samaaaaaa!!! <3 <3 <3

Last edited:
Don't die on us Balder, you gotta live so you can scrub up with your Oujo-sama! #Kappa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back