• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Hyrule Warriors [Name Now Final] - A Collaboration Between Nintendo and Tecmo Koei for Wii U

I'm expecting 8-bit weapons for all, really. Some of them aren't even just 8-bit versions of their weapons, but similar substitute - Shiek gets the ladder to play as a harp.

Didn't they make an 8-Bit harp for Adventure Mode?
I'm sure that would work.

What would Midna's be, though, 8-Bit wolves? Would her hair turn 8-Bit?

An AI-controlled enemy Midna shows up at one point with an 8-Bit Red Ring, which you would know if you didn't try and ignore me.

Don't ignore me, you fool. You cannot resist.

Didn't they make an 8-Bit harp for Adventure Mode?
I'm sure that would work.

What would Midna's be, though, 8-Bit wolves? Would her hair turn 8-Bit?

The 8-bit harp is a thing in the game already.

As for Midna, her actual weapon is her hairclip ("shackle") - the wolves never change. Though I was kinda hoping for one where she rides and throws Twilight Beasts.

Shadow_Beast.png

And as DDB said, she gets the Red Ring as a hair clip.

But I don't want the Link amiibo I want the Samus one.
Ah well, the beyblade is cool but I don't think I'll go out of my way to unlock it.

I think what Beat means is...

LET IT RIP

Reactions: Clawsome Bombs
So the Zelda Amiibo ALSO unlocks a new weapon. Is it safe to say Ganondorf and Sheik will, too?

But guys
EVERY SMASH BROS AMIIBO IS COMPATIBLE
When's Animal Crossing weapon sets for every character

But guys
EVERY SMASH BROS AMIIBO IS COMPATIBLE
When's Animal Crossing weapon sets for every character

Every amiibo is compatible in that every one will give you an extra but otherwise entirely mundane material.
When's arm cannon Impa?

Considering Link and Zelda give you super special ones, though, I'm expecting Ganondorf to also.

Actually I'd love just a "Fists of Darkness" weapon where he punches you

Too close to the gauntlets for Link.

Last week, it was revealed that the Sheik, Toon Link and Zelda Amiibo figurines would have special functionality within Hyrule Warriors, similar to the Link figurine, which unlocks the Spinner weapon from Zelda: Twilight Princess. Nintendo of America have now detailed what this functionality is.

The Zelda figurine will allow you to avail a weapon rated 3 stars or higher once a day. Meanwhile, other Amiibo figurines launching alongside Super Smash Bros. will allow you to avail a weapon rated 3 stars or lower once each day.

What about Toon Link? The Japanese website for Hyrule Warriors reveals that he also unlocks the Spinner weapon, just like the regular Link Amiibo. As for Sheik, just what purpose her Amiibo will serve hasn’t been revealed yet.

Hyrule Warriors will receive an update adding Amiibo functionality in late November.

Read more at http://www.siliconera.com/2014/11/1...igurines-hyrule-warriors/#yGbYJGM14yU7L6pK.99

No Zelda moveset is good for my wallet but makes me kinda sad.

Here's hoping at least Ganondorf's unlocks one. I need my Trident moveset.

To be fair, we didn't even know about the extra costumes and weapons for the Master Quest pack until it came out.

I can't wait. I like this hidden hype. No leaks at all.

well speak of the devil
Aonuma just confirmed that the twilight princess DLC character is
the Twilight Princess
she fights with the Mirror of Twlight

The Quest to satisfy Jutsei continues.

ARE YOU NOT PLEASED SIR.

yes imp midna is cuter

but Princess Midna is hotter

and also less likely to send you to jail

edit:
In addition to Twili Midna, the Twilight Princess Pack includes new weapons, costumes and an adventure map, so if you played through the original game, they should contribute to the fun you'll have in Hyrule Warriors. (For one of the costumes, you can dress Link up as a certain familiar character from the Zelda series. It may make you say ""Wow!"" so I hope you'll look forward to it.)

Hero's Shade basically confirmed

Whatever, I just think True Midna would've served better as a weapon for Midna instead of taking a whole nother character slot.

There's no such thing as a character slot.

Whether this was a weapon or a costume makes no difference, the dev time is the same. At least this one will let you and someone else both pick Midna for two player.

I'm happy with this.

I mean.

They could've chosen the Hero's Shade. AKA the skeleton fellow that teaches you sword techniques. But he'd just be a beefier Link.

This is really the only other TP character they could've chosen.

UNLESSSSSS.....

Coro_TP_Portraits_1522.png

Reactions: Rellek
I mean really,
if they had chosen any other one-off TP character ya'll'd be bitching the way you do about Agitha.
Because no one else in TP actually fights.

270px-The_Group.jpg

All of these guys have the potential to fight, but you can't put in one without the others.

Except maybe Glasses McSexPants. Gotta put in the cute boys for the Japanese women.

They have the potential to fight.
None of them really do.

And when they do it's in boring ways with just swords and shit.

I'm more worried about if they'll throw Young Link or Fierce Deity Link in as one of the two Majora's Mask characters for the next pack.

It's not like she's a fucking clone, she has a completely different appearance and gameplay, she is essentially the Sheik to Midna's Zelda.
Only technically the same character.