• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

"I DID IT" Gaming achievements/goals/triumphs

Squire Grooktook

The wind blew all day long
Reaction score
Steam
Squire Grooktook
PSN
Groucho2
XBL
SquireGrooktook
Ms. Fortune Filia Unknown
ZSas30v.jpg

See the invisible, break the unbreakable, do the impossible.

Maybe let's talk about the skill based goals and journeys that make video games exciting.

This is a fighting game forum so I imagine a lot of people will have fighting game related goals and achievements, though I've made this thread with all goals and achievements for video games in mind, whether it be taking first in your local tournament or S ranking all stages of Bayonetta on the hardest difficulty.

So here's mine:

Finished:

-No death clear Contra 3 on the hardest difficulty
Completed!

-No death clear Darius Gaiden
Completed!

-1cc both loops of Cho Ren Sha 68k on hard
Completed!

-No death clear each stage of They Bleed Pixels
Completed!

-1 life clear Ghouls and Ghosts (Daimakaimura)
Completed!

-Clear Rogue Legacy from a new game in under 5 deaths
Exceeded!

-1cc Touhou 10: Mountain of Faith on Lunatic difficulty
Completed!

Currently working on:

-1 credit clear Touhou 7: Perfect Cherry Blossom on Lunatic difficulty
So far I've made it up the mini boss of stage 5.

-1 credit clear Metal Slug 3
Made it to the alien ship on one credit, just need to put some more time into memorizing that one.

-1 credit clear The King of Dragon's
Hit kind of a wall with the Royal Knights boss in the Wizards Castle, pretty rough, but I'm sure I'll get the hang of this one.

-Manage to juggle two fighting games (Skullgirls and Yatagarasu) and be intermediate or above at both
Other game I wanna play not out yet.

-Become proficient enough at MVC2 to be able to play with Romneto
Far, far away

Last edited:
See the invisible, break the unbreakable, do the impossible.
Kamina is rolling in his grave right now because you butchered that quote.

I should say somehing other than that so I don't look like a douche. I don't ever impose rules on myself in video games unless it gets me something, so I really don't have much to say on this thread. I also don't brag about the things I have done so I guess I don't really have anything to say here.

Sooo... Later!

I finished the Sims. Two times.

Reactions: Thrasher08
Kamina is rolling in his grave right now because you butchered that quote.

Yeah I know, but I wanted to get those lyrics from the song in.

I don't ever impose rules on myself in video games unless it gets me something, so I really don't have much to say on this thread. I also don't brag about the things I have done so I guess I don't really have anything to say here.

Well, it's not really about imposing rules on yourself. It's more like "do perfectly what you would be doing anyway". And it definitely does get you something, it can make single player games much more exciting, and allows you to further deepen and explore multiplayer games.

I also don't brag about the things I have done so I guess I don't really have anything to say here.

Awwww, don't be that way. It's not about bragging, it's about having fun. I would love to greet anyone with a congratulations for their hard fought victories!

achievements
Always curious, but did you do the stages individual (via save state or stage select), or were these part of a full run?

Either way, good work.

Last edited:
Reactions: Compa
Beat Jinkid in Tekken 4 to become Tekken 4 Champion of the Only Apartment that Mattered.

Beat Dom in Tekken 4 to become Tekken 4 Champion of the Universe.

Beat JOP in any Tekken, ever.
Status: died trying, was reincarnated as a half-asian man and died again when thrown into the surface of the sun

• Succesfully made at least three chiptune covers by ear from modern game OSTs.
  • Snagged a win from Duckator on two separate occasions (One of them during Summer Beta w/ Solo Squig).
  • Got a win from Dekillsage.
  • Have improved execution remarkably in the past month or so.
  • 1CC'd Streets of Rage Remake.
  • Lost a set to ElkyDori on stream, but did not get mollywopped doing so. (Final Score: 6-7)
  • Hone skills enough to stand with Duckator on even footing.
  • Maybe add a third to my team, and be good at said third.
  • Win an SG tournament with tough players involved.
  • Learn BBCP enough that I don't rely on dumb pressure with Azrael.
  • Attend EVO or any other hype-ass major.
  • Meet Mike Z.

Filling up the inventory in Cave Story.

I can play Gouken in AE fairly competently now. So thats neat-o

i built a dirt house today
thinking of maybe mining some stone and upgrading

Reactions: musica
i built a dirt house today
thinking of maybe mining some stone and upgrading
Terraria, Starbound, Minecraft, or something else?

I never got around to finishing my underground cemetery/garden to honor all those who died in my world in Terraria (Glorlandia Le Funk). At least the lava moat got done though.

it's either all of them or none of them

most of today was kind of a blur
i may have made an actual dirt house and punched down actual trees
send help

I pulled it off!

Really intense and exciting.

Was thinking of making the video private until I have time to write up a strategy guide in the annotations like I did for my Darius video, but eh, screw it.

Really great game. There's so much genius and subtlety that shines through in the level design.

stuff.

My hats off to you man.
GnG is one of my favorite series, and I'd love to be able to one shot it (especially that PSP fucker...).

As for myself, I almost 1cc Touhou 14 yesterday...on normal :PUN:
I have to play more...

(especially that PSP fucker...).

You mean Ultimate? I really want that. Sadly I don't have a psp. Might download a psp emulator or something just to try it.

As for myself, I almost 1cc Touhou 14 yesterday...on normal :PUN:
I have to play more...
It's funny, 14 is hard for me but everyone keeps telling me that 14 is easier than the rest despite having fairly hard patterns, because apparently if you know the system you can get an insane amount of 1ups and resources. I haven't read any translations or english guides to the system so I have no idea what I'm doing, ha ha. Maybe I should look into that once I'm done with Perfect Cherry Blossom.

-Got a time of 3:54 in Dragon Valley in the Freedom Planet demo (for reference, my first playthrough of the level was somewhere between 12:00 and 15:00)

-Beat L4D1's No Mercy on Expert with only AI allies (speed-running of course, the only right way to do it)

-Beat Dust: An Elysian Tail on the Hardest difficulty w/ self-imposed challenge of not using healing items during combat (healing mid-boss fight felt lame)

-Finished the hard part of building an underwater home in Minecraft (get a whole bunch of sand, let it fall to the surface of the ocean, build glass around all of it, dig into the interior of the room and dig out all the sand), just need to actually put stuff down there.

-Almost finished a giant scale Green Hill Zone without textures in Minecraft, before losing it to a bad computer virus.

(image of one part of it I was smart enough to screenshot here)
969710_1385659341646108_1005528174_n.jpg

Reactions: Squire Grooktook
You mean Ultimate? I really want that. Sadly I don't have a psp. Might download a psp emulator or something just to try it.

Yes, Ultimate.
Get it on emulator if you can, the horrible buttons of the PSP are ruining the experience imo and I wish I could play it with my stick.

The game is a real challenge, even if you just want to finish it. You have lives, checkpoints and continues, but it's ruthless as fuck.

It's funny, 14 is hard for me but everyone keeps telling me that 14 is easier than the rest despite having fairly hard patterns, because apparently if you know the system you can get an insane amount of 1ups and resources. I haven't read any translations or english guides to the system so I have no idea what I'm doing, ha ha. Maybe I should look into that once I'm done with Perfect Cherry Blossom.

It's a cakewalk until stage 4, where the difficulty skyrockets. Definitely not one of the harder Touhou though, especially because of that collecting mechanic.
Basically, you go past the POC line (like in other recent touhou) to get the items, and if you get more than 10, you generate a piece of bomb (and a piece of extend for 20 items iirc).
So yeah, kill mobs, go past the POC line before everything falls, rinse and repeat and you're gonna get a tremendous amount of bombs/extends.
So you can really bomb your way through the stages (especially with Sakuya A, who has a double bomb thing).

I've beaten a majority of the KoF Bosses. Not all, but a majority. Including all the Nest's saga bosses, XIII, 96, 98, and Adelheid in 2003. Stupid Mai beating me every darn time in 97.

Oh, I've also beaten Metroid Fusion with 5%. Working on a 1% run still.

I updated the GNG video with some strategy in the annotations (mostly for the first loop since nothing changes on the second except for new easy mode weapon and a single extra enemy spawn on stage 1).

I updated the GNG video with some strategy in the annotations (mostly for the first loop since nothing changes on the second except for new easy mode weapon and a single extra enemy spawn on stage 1).

Nice. Very informative.

As for the 4th boss, isn't it easier to just stand on the extreme left/right and to just crouch mash? Most players I saw were doing this (staying in the middle sure make it looks danmaku-ishly cool though).

I was able to beat ONE person in UMvC3 while playing under the horrendous netcode.

Also my fighting game goals are to one day go to EVO for Skullgirls, KI, and maybe Guilty Gear Xrd once that comes out.

Reactions: Arcana
I actually haven't achieved too many of my goals within gaming yet, multiplayer games are distracting, I've always admired those who finish such goals though.

1cc Touhou 3: Phantasmagoria of Dim Dream
1cc Touhou 4: Lotus Land Story
Achieved Gold in League of Legends, going to work towards Platinum/Diamond later this year

Been working on 1cc with Touhou 6 and 8 for a while on and off, but haven't practiced the stages as much like I should, also working on Revegeance at the moment with getting all S rank on the hardest difficulty.

I'm inspired by this thread to play a perfect run or two of a Megaman game though, no damage buster only, might record.

My friend and I often play no hit runs of Megaman in a competitive way, taking turns when the other takes a hit, it's especially fun with the X games on PSX.

I beat all the Sanic Transformed expert ghosts.

Where's my prize?

Reactions: Lavama
Apparently I beat Kingdom Hearts on expert difficulty with all keyholes sealed, all collectibles collected, and leveled up to 99.

When I was like 11 or something.

Achievements:
- Cleared MGR on all difficulties (without wigs or FOX Sword)
- Beat God Hand on Easy with no Continues, then beat it again on Normal for the first time recently
- Completed Super Castlevania with no deaths
- And somehow beat Halo 3 on Legendary when I was a stupid/hyperactive teenager

Works in Progress:
- Beat any Touhou game (closest I've gotten was SA, got to stage 6 on Normal)
- Finish Bayonetta on Hard (been delayed mostly out of laziness than difficulty)

Hollow Victories:
- Beat all 50 challenges in God Hand... then challenge 51 appeared :,(

As for the 4th boss, isn't it easier to just stand on the extreme left/right and to just crouch mash? Most players I saw were doing this (staying in the middle sure make it looks danmaku-ishly cool though).

I'm actually not sure if you're even level enough to hit the closest heart, but I'm pretty sure the others can't be damage from there. Still I usually try to hide out on the edges and only go towards the center when it looks safe (and when I have to).

*edit* oh ha ha, I checked and you can hit the first two hearts. You only have to go in for the enter one.

Last edited:
got 1000 gamerscore on DMC4 (basically finishing it on every difficulty all with S ranks), also was ranked 3rd in the UK for my bloody palace score.

finished godhand on normal (ending song is so awesome)

just missed top 32 sg at evo last year (still salty about that)

Might as well mention some other people stuff as well.

Now this is really amazing

Would never have guessed anyone would try to do a NON TAS speed run of Kaizo Mario. And succeed. And live with commentary too.

This is great too

And if you ever doubted Mario was a ninja...

This trick right here is like pixel and frame perfect. Amazing that he did it halfway through a full run.

Last edited:
Reactions: juju_for_president
I uh.... Beat Maximo Ghosts to Glory for the first time recently...it's a kinda hard game.
OH OH OH Last year I did a 100% All gold cards run of Bomberman 64 successfully. THAT wasn't easy.
I've beaten a number of missions in Ninja Gaiden 2 on Mentor difficulty...still can't really touch Master Ninja though...

That's all I really have right now. I'll edit this if I think of more.

That game is amazing.
I agree, I loved every second of it and have already started my second run through. I wish Maximo's character would get more recognition by Capcom... I was actually hoping to see him playable in MvC3 when it was announced, considering that Capcom said for the roster they were shifting focus to more obscure characters.
I hear the sequel is pretty cool too. Never played it.

I got The Kid in Super Meat Boy.
Four hours... four goddamn hours of my life was spent achieving this very goal. Completely forgot about Super Meat Boy for my list. Never finished it full percent or got all bandages or anything, but I'd say making through all of Light World and most of Dark World counts for something.

Let's see...none of these are near impossible or anything but what the hey

I've soloed all of Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, and made it to G-rank in Freedom Unite. I've put about 2500 hours into the series between these two and Portable 3rd. Man I can't wait for 4 Ultimate.

I've beaten Metroid Fusion in a little over half an hour.

I got 100% completion on the original Spyro trilogy(I miss the real spyro T-T)

I have an A+ on almost every Light World Level in SMB and am almost done with the dark world.

So yeah all these are pretty doable.

I one-credit-cleared Time Crisis 2.
I've gotten past the Turbo Tunnels in Battletoads
I beat Maximo: Ghosts to Glory hell levels on a TV with failing lighting (background and safe platforms all looked the same)
Was declared a tough guy by resident evil 1.

Last edited: