• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

"I DID IT" Gaming achievements/goals/triumphs

.... I got 13/16 Skullgirls achievements on Steam...
Without trying to get any on purpose!

Every couple of months I log on to my Diablo 2 account (so it doesn't expire), join a game, stare at my sorceress proudly wearing 2 matching sprite SOJs for a few seconds, then log out.

The glory of smashing the kart racer in front of you with a green shell, and passing just before they can move forward to pass the finish line to get first place. Truly nothing is greater in Mario Kart.

The glory of smashing the kart racer in front of you with a green shell, and passing just before they can move forward to pass the finish line to get first place. Truly nothing is greater in Mario Kart.
Personally, I like it when you hold onto a blue shell simply to swerve in front of people and take them out. ULTIMATE DEFENSE!

I'm pretty close to getting 100% in f-zero gx

I've gotten past the Turbo Tunnels in Battletoads

Turbo Tunnels is easy. It's the damn snake stage that can eat a dick (unless you take the warp, then it's easy). Hell, Battletoads has a weird reputation as being stupidly hard. It's only super hard if you play co-op. Even then, my brother and I beat it.

Turbo Tunnels is when you impress your "semi-gamer" friends. I actually got as far as the Rat Race without warps (which impresses the "real gamer" friends). If only I could actually beat the game to impress the "gamer god" friends.
And I am currently impressed @alexpi

It's kinda counter-intuitive, since everything in the stage kills you, but you can blaze through most of rat race. I don't know if it's a fluke in programming or if the hazards don't start spawning their 'traps' until you cross a certain threshold, but you can dash right past most of them.

Turbo Tunnels is easy. It's the damn snake stage that can eat a dick (unless you take the warp, then it's easy). Hell, Battletoads has a weird reputation as being stupidly hard. It's only super hard if you play co-op. Even then, my brother and I beat it.
Tunnels can be very frustrating if you don't have them memorized 100%. But yeah co-op makes everying a LOT worse. Especially platforming heavy segments.

Reactions: SHODAN
the tunnels are 99% react-able. The only things to memorize are the warp (if you intend to take it) and that the exclamation point means you have to manually jump. The trick that no one seems to know is that you can jump any non-floating wall. Just jump as you dodge.

Reactions: Squire Grooktook
the tunnels are 99% react-able. The only things to memorize are the warp (if you intend to take it) and that the exclamation point means you have to manually jump. The trick that no one seems to know is that you can jump any non-floating wall. Just jump as you dodge.

I admit I didn't know about the jumping tricky. It might have something to do with the fact that I wasn't as good when I played the turbo tunnels first time. Maybe I should try the game again sometime, I'd probably have to use a turbo button for Clinger Winger though since I'm terrible at mashing.

I admit I didn't know about the jumping tricky. It might have something to do with the fact that I wasn't as good when I played the turbo tunnels first time. Maybe I should try the game again sometime, I'd probably have to use a turbo button for Clinger Winger though since I'm terrible at mashing.

You don't press anything but the d-pad on clinger winger. The general mechanic is that you have a faster turn speed, the disco ball is faster on straightaways. It's all about reacting as fast as you can to a turn to build up distance, particularly on the 'toothy' sections.

You don't press anything but the d-pad on clinger winger. The general mechanic is that you have a faster turn speed, the disco ball is faster on straightaways. It's all about reacting as fast as you can to a turn to build up distance, particularly on the 'toothy' sections.
Oh ha, must have forgotten about that. Been along time.

I got one. I stream sniped Maximilian on his stream on SF4AE with my up and coming Gouken while having an anxiety seizure. Won the game by mashing EX parry on low health and killed with it

I remember beating all of the characters' story modes in Mario Party 3 with all S rankings on Super Hard Mode.

Once I got flashed at Short A on dust2 and started panic spraying, somehow managing to get 3 AK headshots (pre-Orange Box Engine Source)...but that's more dumb luck than an achievement.

Completed an iron man game (no reloads, death equals game over) of Fallout 1 on hard/hard difficulty. Almost did the same for Fallout 2, but alas, critical hit-happy remnants of the Master's army got me right before my trip to the Oil Rig.

Completed GTA 3 on 100%. Happened before I had Internet, so no tips/maps on finding those packages/stunt jumps. Ascension to godhood took place on that fateful day.

I'm pretty content/proud of this. Losing 1-2 to Cloudy in winners brackets, fighting my way all the way up from losers brackets and finally getting back at him and taking the whole thing with two subsequent 2-1's, t'was by far my hypest SG experience so far.

OK, so my proudest probably isn't from a vidya game. It was from a CCG (or TCG, if you swing that way). I got someone to quit a tournament in round 2. I get that wonderful moment in playing a combo deck where the board state is quickly turning against me and I don't have the stuff to actually combo out and win. I make a pseudo bluff attack. If I burn my hand, I can get 1/5th of my win condition on board, but it'll give me a card draw engine and I can just kinda pray to top deck into what I need. The threat of real damage in my attack was non-existent and would have likely dealt no damage if my opponent just let my army pass. Instead, he defends in the exact way that allowed my deck's engine to start roaring. I proceed to flip my deck over and combo out for the win. He curses, grabs his cards, and just leaves the venue.

Work in progress: Complete a Solo long game of Killing Floor with the Faked Players mutator cranked up to 20 (that means, bare minimum, two hundred enemies per wave) on Normal or above.
As Berserker.

Reactions: Lavama
Finished System Shock 2 without dieing once on hard, And beat F-zero GX story mode on normal. (F-zero GX is one of the hardest games according to a lot of gamers and critics alike, and i have to agree. so i think finshing it normal or easy is a achievement on its own)

Apparently I beat Kingdom Hearts on expert difficulty with all keyholes sealed, all collectibles collected, and leveled up to 99.

When I was like 11 or something.
you are not human....

you are not human....
Is it...a good thing Shodan the computer is saying that to me?
(Also I may have used a strategy guide on it, but only maybe. I just remember owning it.)

Reactions: SHODAN
Is it...a good thing Shodan the computer is saying that to me?
(Also I may have used a strategy guide on it, but only maybe. I just remember owning it.)
yes, you innsssssssssssssolent worrrrrrrrrrrmmmmmmmm, join me, and wwwwwwwwwwweeeeeeeeeeeeeeee ca- ca- can rule the Earthhhhhhhhh, ......................toooooooooooooooooogetherrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Been working on this one since October. This is actually the first video of hard mode being cleared on Youtube.

Playing this game on hard is like having a gallon of caffeine injected directly into your blood stream.

Will probably come back to it for a better score, but I think I'll take a break from this rng dodging hell for now lol.

Last edited:
I got 10k Achievement Points in Guild Wars 2. Not only did it come with a Title, another useless Zenith Weapon skin, ton of free loot like a good amount of gold + gems (The cash shop currency) but it also came with a free Total Makeover kit which I used to change my appearance on my Warrior

Before:
faTe8ci.png

I made him as tall and bulky as possible that a Norn could be. He even had a really manly beard.

After:
JidOnnN.png

Now I run around saying "Am I kawaii yet?"

I finished my first run of Dark Souls yesterday

Reactions: PaperBag_Sniper
Got my first platinum trophy on my PS3, for Playstation All-Stars, a couple of weeks ago. That was pretty cool.

I saved all of the survivors in dead rising 1 and 2, and I caught Kyorge without a masterball.

Finally reached chapter 11 on Final Fantasy XIII

After almost 20 hours, the game will FINALLY be closer to what a FF should be

i still want vanille to die in an horrible way, though... that whelp annoys me even more than hope and snow together

I have finally driven to every city in Euro Truck Simulator 2.
I've actually won matches in Hearthstone Arena

I managed to get two really good Dragon Valley speedruns in the demo for Freedom Planet.

3:24 as Lilac, and 3:55 as Carol. As a point of reference, an average non-speed-run playthrough of Dragon Valley is usually about 10 to 15 minutes.

Managed to 1cc eXceed 2nd on the hardest difficulty, but fell just short of beating Jaimers high score, so I'm going to keep at it. Speed killing the final boss is an art form.

- Still catch every Pokémon with a normal pokéball
- Beat all of the metal slug games on at least one credit
- Beat Luigi in Mario Party

killed nightmare marie on typing of the skullgirls mode without using any meter.

goal : perfecting her on normal version of the game, nightmare difficulty of course...

How tough am I?
HOW TOUGH AM I!?
I beat Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia four times.
Twice as both characters, and on Hard Mode.

Did you do Albus hard mode lvl 1? I got bored and gave up at the Eligor fight.

Last edited:
Finally managed this

Exceed 2nd, 1 life clear, beating the previous best Youtube score by 1 million points.

This game uses Ikaruga's mechanic but plays nothing like it, it's much more agressive and fast paced. Also playing itfor score means basically grinding your face against every boss and enemy, since you get massive bonuses for speed killing.

Reactions: DawnHibiki
I almost beat the The Parish on Expert... but then I got swarmed and I died next to the copter leaving my two pals to escape. :(

BUT, I did beat Dark Carnival on Expert.

Reactions: juju_for_president