• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

I Lost ALL of My Unlocks.

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT if you want to help fix this bug add the following launch option BEFORE you run tonight's build:
-savedatabughelp
and you will get messageboxes when things fail for loading save data.

So wait for the build to go up, download it, run the add the launch option once it's done downloading, then launch the game?

Will do.

Sorry, but Steam is still technically newfangled to me, so where do I go to find the Launch Options to set for the bug help (another patient here, whoops on not replying sooner.)

I added the launch option and started the main game (Not beta)

Loaded data OK but BUILD did not match, your savedata has been wiped. Tell Mike Z this message.

mikez_help.png

mikez, help pls.
i can't tell you how many times i lost stuff and then just gave up unlocking everything again.

Successfully loaded some variant of savedata! If your savedata is wiped and there were no previous errors, tell Mike Z this.

My loading message. I've experienced this bug a while back, though it might have been an issue with my steam cloud as I regularly switched between my desktop and my laptop to play. As of now, though, all my save data on my desktop has not been wiped and all my unlocks are still there.

[build did not match]
same thing
EXCELLENT, that's what I was looking for. I think I can now solve it. Cross ya fingers.

PLEASE MAKE SOME PROGRESS (or at least save some Ensembles) so you can tell if it gets wiped again!

I think I'll do a thing where it'll say "Your savedata WOULD have been wiped but now it's hopefully not" so I can tell it's really fixed.

My savedata window said:
Successfully loaded some variant of data
If your savedata was wiped and there were no previous errors, tell Mike this.

This was my message on booting up. I noticed the palettes I unlocked were still open, but my Story Mode and Arcade data (and corresponding art gallery unlocks) got derezzed. In response, I saved an Ensemble and did a Story clear for Band, so if that gets derezzed again, I can tell immediately.

This was my message on booting up. I noticed the palettes I unlocked were still open, but my Story Mode and Arcade data (and corresponding art gallery unlocks) got derezzed. In response, I saved an Ensemble and did a Story clear for Band, so if that gets derezzed again, I can tell immediately.
That was your message on the absolute first boot?
Then it was prooooooobably wiped before that.

I hope.

I think I've got this, so hopefully tonight's build will fix it.

Successfully loaded some variant of savedata!
Save data wasn't wiped, wonder why some is and some isn't.

Also I feel I should point out your temp Eliza work of art will appear during the first loading screen on the retail version if it was randomly selected to load.

Successfully loaded some variant of savedata!
Save data wasn't wiped, wonder why some is and some isn't.
Because sometimes it's screwed up and sometimes it's not.

Also I feel I should point out your temp Eliza work of art will appear during the first loading screen on the retail version if it was randomly selected to load.
OH well okay, I'm fine with that for now. :^P

I started the new build with the launch options set, and got no message boxes
It seemed to properly load my entourage setting from last night, though.

Yeah. Leave that option there.
What I'm interested in is either:
- You get the message box that says "You would have lost settings but didn't!" and then you keep them (or lose them... ;_; )
- You lose them and get a different message box.

Sorry Mike
I got the "Loaded savedata OK but BUILD was blank, your savedata would have been wiped right now but was not! Yay. Tell Mike Z this message so he can be happy."

But lost my unlocks.

WHAT.

Ugh.

Are you 100% sure that you had them the previous time you ran the game?
I mean I bet you are but I just have to ask cuz ugh.

Well yeah, I think so...

EDIT: WAIT A MINUTE! I may have done two update since I last played! Maybe the first one erased my unlocks !

I think this is the keeper, Mike! I started it up, no pop-up message, and my Ensemble team AND Big Band Story clear and art unlocks were still there!

I lost my save after the last patch. Not a big deal but just letting you know.

I don't think I did. I only noticed when my entourage was not saved anymore and my art gallery was gone.

Well, I've lost my save last update (2nd october 2014) which is weird, but hey, just more reason to play the game more, steam cloud was on, but the -savedatabughelp wasn't, so, can't really help much, only happened to me this update though, odd. (Sorry If Necro-ish post, but this thread already existed)

EDIT:Tried to load a backup, got this with -savedatabughelp on.

'Failed to properly decrypt savedata, return value was -9. Tell Mike Z this message if your savedata was wiped.'

Last edited:
Happened today with me. Noticed when my assists stopped coming.
I didn't have the launch option set, so no message box.