• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

I'm McPeanuts I made a thread

ok so I said I would give you advice but then I realized I don't know anything about this game so

ok so I said I would give you advice but then I realized I don't know anything about this game so
Give me advice anyways, also upload the set

Reactions: gllt
Give me advice anyways, also upload the set

Uploading, I'll give the advice after rewatching it (which will be after I post it which will be after it's uploaded)

Reactions: mcpeanuts
The commentators always complain. "He's not doing anything interesting bleh." They gotta be more hype, this game is hard.
They don't call us complainwheels for nothin. Sage is honorary complainwheel based on like for painwheel despite not really playing her

It just started processing. I'll post it here anyways for when it's done.

Reactions: mcpeanuts
I'm wondering if L Shadow isn't the better Fukua assist for my team, compared to H Drill. Haven't really tried it outside of training mode but just from labbing it for the past hour or so, it does the stuff I like from H Drill (horizontal zoning assist for Peacock + lets Big Band convert off instant j.MK + good for blockstrings with both characters due to the nutzo blockstun it does) but I also get a lot of other things from it:

-The fact that it hits low gives Big Band some really stupid mixups. When Big Band is doing a blockstring you no longer get to say "all I have to do is block high after the light kick and then the worst he can do is A-Train". You can actually do a low in the blockstring that will lead to a full combo. After an untechable knockdown you can do high -> low or low -> high calling it before or after Giant Step, and you can do this from a range where you can take advantage of the disjointed hitbox of Giant Step and use it safely out of reach of many reversals.
-Easier to do teleport mixups in blockstrings with this compared to H Drill. Also if timed correctly it can catch upback, whereas you can jump in either direction to beat teleport crossups with H Drill pretty much for free.
-Can do fullscreen teleport mixups. Drill doesn't quite go full screen, but if you call L Shadow and immediately teleport it pulls the camera just enough to where the Shadow will go full screen. Granted the reason I like to do Brass + teleport isn't so much to mix people up, it's more to punish people when I'm pretty sure they're going to do Parasoul bodyguard/Double gunshot/etc and L Shadow isn't good for that because it's a projectile and it doesn't have armor. But it's worth mentioning, I think.
-It's disjointed, so it probably works better to beat other assists when done preemptively (theory fighting, haven't actually tried this)
-Breaks armor for no reason, making it really useful against both Brass assist and Big Band on point doing Brasses at you, which are two of the toughest things to deal with as Peacock.

Main drawback is that it's like 8 frames slower than H Drill, which is not irrelevant or anything, but given all the other stuff I get from L Shadow I wanna try it out.

Reactions: gllt
-Breaks armor for no reason
I found that part of the post particularly true.
*crawls back into the shadows*

-Breaks armor for no reason

It's like the only projectile that hits low, counting as a sweep that's why it breaks thru armor. (Which kinda sucks cause all sweeps beat armored moves. like Brass.)

brass and all other armored moves are still getting butt-fucked, only eliza c.hk is concerned :(

my quick edit was not quick enough haha yeah thats lame though

After playing point Big Band for a little bit earlier tonight I have realized that wooooooooooooow my Big Band is BOOTY. I think I should work on leveling up my BB before I worry about learning any new characters.

Reactions: ClarenceMage
After playing point Big Band for a little bit earlier tonight I have realized that wooooooooooooow my Big Band is BOOTY. I think I should work on leveling up my BB before I worry about learning any new characters.
u should.

Based on @ClarenceMage's advice I've started using L Brass more at neutral. This is a move that I really only used as a frame trap after Cymbal Clash was blocked, but ClarenceMage insists it is bonkers and you should do it all the time. I played a bit last night (which only like 3 people could see due to the problems Twitch was having) where I went out of my way to try to hit people with this move, and like... I'm not really seeing it? There is definitely a spacing where L Brass is difficult to challenge but setting up that spacing is pretty difficult. Maybe there's something I'm not getting. I could use ClarenceMage and other Big Band player's input on my play:

http://www.twitch.tv/mcpeanuts/c/5002559

L brass is good against people that want to throw out ground attacks from far away... Which isnt many people. Its also a very good move to setup frame traps with beat extend if your lp brass was blocked kinda close... Cause everyone wants to attack after blocking a close beat extend.

And, its good to do L brass from max range, and then L brass again since the vulnerable hitbox of L brass is going to be so far away on the second rush punch.

But, tbqh... While L brass is good, its only really good against people that stay grounded. It of course has limited use against people that are in the air all day.

An finally its good sf4 footsies as well... You know... Back up and run away and then fei long rekka them (L brass, in this case) when they move forward.

I have an inkling that the sf4 footsies is what Clarence is meaning. But i could be wrong.

Lol i dont even know why i wrote this to someone that has me on ignore... LOL

Heh.

Based on @ClarenceMage's advice I've started using L Brass more at neutral. This is a move that I really only used as a frame trap after Cymbal Clash was blocked, but ClarenceMage insists it is bonkers and you should do it all the time.
L Brass is really good, I use it alllllllllllll the time. If you think about poking from midrange, try that.

Reactions: Mr Peck and gllt
Yeah L Brass is gud, it's just that i mess up sometimes and I do M Brass by mistake so then I always get punished.

An finally its good sf4 footsies as well... You know... Back up and run away and then fei long rekka them (L brass, in this case) when they move forward.

I have an inkling that the sf4 footsies is what Clarence is meaning. But i could be wrong..

That is a large reason I think it's good, yeah. People want to get in on big band, that involves jumping forward mostly. Jumping forward involves not blocking. Get smacked by L Brass. The Fei Long "Rekka at a range where if they press a button, another rekka will immediately whiff punish their button" shiki is also applicable here, then once they don't press buttons you can do whatever it is people do to people who don't press buttons.

Reactions: mcpeanuts and gllt
Jumping forward involves not blocking. Get smacked by L Brass.

Not if they're chicken blocking. If they're jumping like crazy then A-Train can be used more reliably. AND it'll discourage them from jumping like crazy!

A train is death if it fails though. LP Brass is -6, that is a pretty significant thing for me.

I use A train as a hard read, LP Brass as more of a neutral game tool. Granted, LP Brass works much better when they are already afraid of jumping at that range. Chicken block/superjump can make even LP Brass an unsafe poke.

I don't like LP Brass > anything as a frametrap. People tend to start pressure with lights and LP Brass is already -6, so unless your opponent is slow and you are perfect, most things aren't going to work, HP Beat Extend I guess, but that read is pretty hard.

A train is death if it fails though. LP Brass is -6, that is a pretty significant thing for me.

I use A train as a hard read, LP Brass as more of a neutral game tool. Granted, LP Brass works much better when they are already afraid of jumping at that range. Chicken block/superjump can make even LP Brass an unsafe poke.

I don't like LP Brass > anything as a frametrap. People tend to start pressure with lights and LP Brass is already -6, so unless your opponent is slow and you are perfect, most things aren't going to work, HP Beat Extend I guess, but that read is pretty hard.
The frame trap is L Brass, L Beat Extend + call assist. The idea being you use an assist that will keep your Beat Extend safe if they're blocking. Drag n Bite used to work great for this. M Bomber is not as good since they can duck the second hit.

that's 8 frames of vulnerablity though unless im just dumb, I don't want to risk getting supered/light counterhit too often.

Based on @ClarenceMage's advice I've started using L Brass more at neutral. This is a move that I really only used as a frame trap after Cymbal Clash was blocked, but ClarenceMage insists it is bonkers and you should do it all the time. I played a bit last night (which only like 3 people could see due to the problems Twitch was having) where I went out of my way to try to hit people with this move, and like... I'm not really seeing it? There is definitely a spacing where L Brass is difficult to challenge but setting up that spacing is pretty difficult. Maybe there's something I'm not getting.

I think the reason you're not seeing it is that your rushdown is great and that you were going for resets more than ending your combos. You weren't allowing yourself or your opponent to get in the space where L Brass would work. Ideally, you want to hit with the fist portion of the Brass Knuckle and that's only possible if your opponent is some distance away. BB's combo enders (SSJ, A-Train, Brass Knuckles) all push the opponent away, allowing you to reach that place again. You just weren't using those and seemed to be saving meter for Double.

that's 8 frames of vulnerablity though unless im just dumb, I don't want to risk getting supered/light counterhit too often.

Spaced right, you wont. You will be out of range of light attacks and even some supers. Also, you dont have to use L beat extend. You can use many different attacks such as different strengths of beat extend, or even an armored rush punch which has armor on first frame iirc and no jab is beating it. Or you can ssj and if its blocked, go into safe dhc, or if you expect them to block, you can kara lk command grab or use a train if you expect them to jump.

Of course mostly you are going to want to just block or mash your dp assist and make them pay for attacking you...

But if you got that read...

I think the reason you're not seeing it is that your rushdown is great and that you were going for resets more than ending your combos. You weren't allowing yourself or your opponent to get in the space where L Brass would work. Ideally, you want to hit with the fist portion of the Brass Knuckle and that's only possible if your opponent is some distance away. BB's combo enders (SSJ, A-Train, Brass Knuckles) all push the opponent away, allowing you to reach that place again. You just weren't using those and seemed to be saving meter for Double.
Man I'm not gonna end my combo in A-Train and then go for L Brass as my setup, that's crazy talk. If I land a hit I'm going for the kill.
I guess? I mean your math checks out. I haven't had this frame trap beaten yet, though.

Man I'm not gonna end my combo in A-Train and then go for L Brass as my setup, that's crazy talk. If I land a hit I'm going for the kill.

No it's not, what if you don't have enough meter to go for the kill? What if the opponent has more life than you can do damage in a combo? What if you're fighting someone you don't want to get close?

The L Brass is not your setup, it's just an option you have when you knock your opponent across the screen.

There are times when you can't go for the kill and have to be ready for a neutral fight.

No it's not, what if you don't have enough meter to go for the kill? What if the opponent has more life than you can do damage in a combo? What if you're fighting someone you don't want to get close?

The L Brass is not your setup, it's just an option you have when you knock your opponent across the screen.

There are times when you can't go for the kill and have to be ready for a neutral fight.
If I land a hit, I am going to kill the character I'm hitting then the entire rest of my opponent's team. Meter's irrelevant.

If I land a hit, I am going to kill the character I'm hitting then the entire rest of my opponent's team. Meter's irrelevant.

Then what you're saying is that you can 100% combo every character in the game for 0 meter and they can't block or get out.

Then what you're saying is that you can 100% combo every character in the game for 0 meter.

Yes

Then what you're saying is that you can 100% combo every character in the game for 0 meter.
Yeah. My uncle works at Nintendo and gave me the cheat codes for the better combos. Only I can use them though.

Yeah. My uncle works at Nintendo and gave me the cheat codes for the better combos. Only I can use them though.

That doesn't even make sense because Skullgirls is a Lab Zero game made by Mike Z and friends. Nintendo has nothing to do with this game.

Anyway, if you're confident in your skills to kill off one touch, more power to you. However, your resorting to sarcasm and this statement:

mcpeanuts said:

it seems to me you lack the confidence to make this possible.

That doesn't even make sense because Skullgirls is a Lab Zero game made by Mike Z and friends. Nintendo has nothing to do with this game.

Anyway, if you're confident in your skills to kill off one touch, more power to you. However, your resorting to sarcasm and this statement:

it seems to me you lack the confidence to make this possible.
Man if I can be straight with you for a sec I don't even remember what we're arguing about. I think we were talking about L Brass at some point but now we're on a tangent of a tangent which is kind of incredible considering we've only been going back and forth for like 4 posts or something.

Backing up a sec I think my set play with Big Band is actually kind of incredible and once I get a hit I'm pretty confident I can turn that hit into a lot more hits and then win the game. It's more my neutral game with this character is really bad and your suggestion to end everything with A-Train or super instead of going for resets is ok I only just realized this as I was typing this up but that's a good idea. Like not a good idea long term or in actual tournament matches or anything, but as a way to practice the character it would force me to play at neutral a lot more and give me more chances to learn. So I'll start doing that, and thank you for the suggestion.

Also if this game is not made by Nintendo how do you explain the presence of several popular Nintendo characters such as Metroid and Shadow the Hedgehog?

@mcpeanuts, would you be interested in running a set with me sometime soon? I'm also trying to level up my Big Band and I think we could both learn a lot from the stream.

Man if I can be straight with you for a sec I don't even remember what we're arguing about. I think we were talking about L Brass at some point but now we're on a tangent of a tangent which is kind of incredible considering we've only been going back and forth for like 4 posts or something.

Everything's cool, you went autopilot there. You get what I'm saying though, you can't learn neutral game unless you create situations for it.

how can big bang crawl

@mcpeanuts, would you be interested in running a set with me sometime soon? I'm also trying to level up my Big Band and I think we could both learn a lot from the stream.
Sure I'll be on tonight at like 8pm eastern if you wanna play then. If you have Skype that's a plus.

You can also use the Konami Code in skullgirls to get 30 lives, what does your uncle think about that?

Real talk though - L brass in neutral is really good at it's max range ( which is deceivingly large, the hitbox extends past his "knuckles" just a tad ). Even if not to convert off of or do crazy damage, I think it's good to remind your opponent that it is an option and it can keep them in locked in place while you remain safe. It shouldn't be abused and you certainly don't want to put yourself back in neutral just to use it, but it has it's place.

How do you feel about L A-train? The only time I use it is after a light attack is blocked, sometimes on hit since the startup is slower than their hitstun, but way less often on hit since you can do more damage from a combo. Again, I try to throw it out to remind my opponent that I have that option more than anything else.

You can also use the Konami Code in skullgirls to get 30 lives, what does your uncle think about that?

Real talk though - L brass in neutral is really good at it's max range ( which is deceivingly large, the hitbox extends past his "knuckles" just a tad ). Even if not to convert off of or do crazy damage, I think it's good to remind your opponent that it is an option and it can keep them in locked in place while you remain safe. It shouldn't be abused and you certainly don't want to put yourself back in neutral just to use it, but it has it's place.

How do you feel about L A-train? The only time I use it is after a light attack is blocked, sometimes on hit since the startup is slower than their hitstun, but way less often on hit since you can do more damage from a combo. Again, I try to throw it out to remind my opponent that I have that option more than anything else.
I think L A-Train is good and I should be using it more. I kind of autopilot my blockstrings and always end in Giant Step. A-Train is good to catch people who are expecting the Giant Step and are holding neutral back (use L A-Train) or upback (use M). If you feel like you have a good read on which was your opponent is blocking I think it's worth using. It's particularly good if you have some sort of DHC which will get you real damage off it (which I do with both Double and Peacock).

Sure I'll be on tonight at like 8pm eastern if you wanna play then. If you have Skype that's a plus.

I work tonight so we'll have to figure out another time. Do Monday nights work for you?

I work tonight so we'll have to figure out another time. Do Monday nights work for you?
Sure I can be on around that time next Monday.