• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

I'm McPeanuts I made a thread

I had a thought the other day. It's possible in this game to make a multiple character team out of only characters I enjoy playing. Maybe I should just do that, rather than trying to figure out who would be the best third character with Peacock and Big Band. So yeah I wanna try playing duo for a bit, let's see how this goes.

Sounds like you'll run into huge issues against Peacock/Zoning assist, but I guess you can switch to Pea/Brass yourself there?
Just, Pea/BExtend vs Pea/Brass or Pea/LnL or even Pea/Bomber doesn't look fun at all.

I had a thought the other day. It's possible in this game to make a multiple character team out of only characters I enjoy playing. Maybe I should just do that, rather than trying to figure out who would be the best third character with Peacock and Big Band. So yeah I wanna try playing duo for a bit, let's see how this goes.

"Pick a top tier" - Sanford Kelly, user of Oni, a bottom 5 character in SF4

Nah but seriously I like this mentality. You'll have more fun if you pick who you like and the game is balanced enough that you can do that.

Man, pick what fits your playstyle. Lord knows I need to take that advice.

Reactions: Mr Peck
Sounds like you'll run into huge issues against Peacock/Zoning assist, but I guess you can switch to Pea/Brass yourself there?
Just, Pea/BExtend vs Pea/Brass or Pea/LnL or even Pea/Bomber doesn't look fun at all.
I would switch Big Band's assist to Brass for another Peacock. I already know that matchup is miserable from my FT7 against Rikers 100 years ago.

Been running the duo for a little over a week now... uh, I really like this team! You know playing it I realize that trying to pair Peacock and Big Band with anyone sort of makes that team all about the third character, no matter who it is. It becomes like, Peacock builds meter for Big Band to come in and mash SSJ then DHC to cat heads/install/opera/whatever. Which like, I don't think that strategy is bad, per se? It won an Evo after all. But I need to make decisions with my meter with Peacock accounting for that DHC if I need it later, and Big Band is relegated to mostly an assist role. With this team I get to play the two characters I like and in general I'm just having more fun with the game.

Finished going over my set with Negus Eyoel. Rather than do the play-by-play timestamp analysis I normally do, since I'm pretty sure no one reads that, I'm just posting some general notes. Here's the set:
My notes:
Bad openers:
-Game 2 I THINK I was trying to do backdash H bomb xx L bomb? But I didn't get the backdash, then was momentarily confused that Peacock wasn't doing what I thought she would do, which got me hit. I guess all that can be said about all this is I need to practice using that opener more.
-Game 3 M shadow catches my backdash. So the above is NOT a good opener in this matchup! Good to know. I also note after rewatching TJ's set that he didn't try this once. (I'm gonna keep trying to play in any kumite that TJ is also playing in, I think, I feel like that highlights real well what I'm doing wrong, sort of like a Goofus and Gallant kinda deal)

Double snaps:
-Game 7, I try to protect my assist after it's blocked with M gun, Fukua jumps over it and gets both characters. This probably isn't a reliable option if my assist is blocked. Gonna have to lab it and come up with something else.
-Game 8, this one was really confusing to me at the time. I didn't expect Hornet Bomber to hit both characters, I figured he'd hit Big Band and would be relatively satisfied with that. I guess this happened because I'm used to calling my assist and then doing something, and L Beat Extend doesn't really have the blockstun to do that.

Other stuff:
-Too many tick throws. Need to sometimes do c.LP delay c.MK to catch throw tech attempts. Also need to do raw grabs with no ticks against people who can consistently pushblock single hits.
-Continuing from that last one but more generally, I have a lot of bad habits just because the same shit works 100% of the time on quick match players. Tick throws are free, grab xx M item dash over j.HP release item is free, L Beat Extend after L Brass is blocked is free, etc. Need to play more often against people who don't lose to the first part of my flowchart, because as it stands right now I kind of don't have a second part.
-Missed a lot of confirms starting from Beat Extend assist. I've already worked on this. My normal BNB is inconsistent off an OTG starter, but I found I can just throw a j.LK (1 hit) at the beginning and it works a lot more often.
-Need throw mixups that don't lose to tags. Still true from my set with Taluda. I found a safe mixup against Bella tag but I don't have anything for Painwheel tag. I should just test every tag.
-Come up with something better to do when Beat Extend assist hits when Peacock isn't close enough to dash up OTG c.LP. H item xx Argus might work, could drop a level 3 item then teleport and confirm off the OTG. Might also want to work on tech chase setups for this scenario.
-Big Band's tag isn't reliable as a reversal. Too slow. Better options would be Lenny DHC SSJ or alpha counter.
-I call Big Band out a lot thinking it's gonna help me with zoning, and it doesn't. I'm too used to Brass and Hornet Bomber, and I think I'm calling Big Band out thinking he's gonna do one of those moves. I'm sure I'll get used to this with practice.

When talking about duos vs. trios, something Kenin said about MDE meta really stuck with me. If you're playing trio, you have a plan that flows over the course of the match and it's not a given that every character is involved in every stage of the match, whereas duos are /constantly/ switching out both to optimize damage output and to make sure people are healing up through safe DHCs. This means the synergy between characters has to be a lot tighter and bi-directional than it would be for something more linear like most trios (Team Pali being a notable exception) gameplans tend to be.

Strategically, that's all cool and dandy, but the thing I liked most about duos in this capacity was that you really get to play all of your characters in every context and enjoy them as point characters. Playing a point double is the number one thing that I miss after dropping PW/Double for Team Duck, and the first thing I recognized as rad while learning Kenin's duo.

Whether Pea/Band turns out to be the best or not, I'm glad you're having fun with it. <3

Reactions: mcpeanuts and dMags
Quick set of notes here cause there's a lot of stuff I wanna work on when I get home and I'll forget all of it unless I write it down somewhere. Also if I put it in my thread maybe someone will have already figured it out for me.

-Big Band vs Fortune stuff. Played this against @Natezer a bit on Friday and it was frustrating because of Fiber Upper. At the ideal range for Big Band's pokes, it feels like Fortune can just Fiber for free. If I poke, she gets a full combo, if I do nothing, she's safe on whiff. An idea I had that I haven't had the chance to try out is A-Train on reaction to the Fiber. If this works I at least have something that gives her a reason to think twice about using Fiber. If not... I gotta come up with something else or else this matchup really sucks =/
-Thinking of using Cymbal Clash in my resets more often. I feel like you can space it in a way where it'll beat some (all?) air supers. A couple ideas were doing it after s.HP, or after the s.HP j.LP j.LK j.MP series (incidentally I'm getting less keen on that second one, it sort of screams "hey I'm about to reset you"). It would be great if I could come up with something that beat mashes and still hit them after they hit the ground so I get the overhead aspect of the move.
-I wanna try coming up with a combo that uses Beat Extend as late as possible, in order for better use with resets that require Beat Extend. Dunno if this is worth pursuing but I wanna at least try it.
-Need to practice my combos more. I rewatched the tournament from Friday and even though I won I had like a billion American resets. I don't think I'll be able to get away with that at NEC.

e: Oh yeah I forgot. I also wanted to learn Namisomi's corner incoming setup with Peacock. I saw that months ago and though "wow that's really cheap" and have just never put the time in to figuring out how to do it.

Maaaaaaaaaaaaannnn. I think you're going to find a few people who are going to be free to the American Reset. But hey I'm looking forward to playing some Band on Band with you. I find it to always be a trickier match up than other characters due to how Band has approach himself thanks to parry. becomes much more 3rd strikey in nature.

A few quick notes based on some games I played today
-I may need Brass assist for the Fukua matchup. I was already planning on using it for the Peacock mirror, but after Twerk beat me like 10 games in a row or something I was like maybe let's try this out and it was like wooooooooooooow I can actually do things. It's gr8. It kinda sucks to not have my bullshit mixups when I do land a hit, and it kinda sucks to have to spend meter to do a normal BnB, but what can you do.
-Need to really start getting in the habit of using c.HP instead of s.HP in my combos. Normally doesn't matter but sometimes s.HP whiffs in situations where c.HP would have hit. Really relevant against Fortune, she tends to get knocked further away by most of my combos.
-I probably should not do L Brass after whiffing Cymbal Clash literally every time. Too predictable, gonna get me in trouble. I think what I wanna start trying to do is after whiffing a Cymbal Clash, just do nothing. If I do that I can watch what my opponent does and the next time maybe go for a read with something like H Giant Step or A-Train.

@mcpeanuts I'd be down to run another set for analysis once I get out of the midterm project vortex. We could record it and I'll actually make sure Skype records audio properly this time!

Reactions: mcpeanuts
Following up on old things:
-Big Band vs Fortune stuff. Played this against @Natezer a bit on Friday and it was frustrating because of Fiber Upper. At the ideal range for Big Band's pokes, it feels like Fortune can just Fiber for free. If I poke, she gets a full combo, if I do nothing, she's safe on whiff. An idea I had that I haven't had the chance to try out is A-Train on reaction to the Fiber. If this works I at least have something that gives her a reason to think twice about using Fiber. If not... I gotta come up with something else or else this matchup really sucks =/
A-Train doesn't work, you have to do that preemptively to beat Fiber, and if it's TOO preemptive, the Fiber beats it and Fortune gets a full combo. Bad option. HOWEVER, I found some other things that could work. It seems like you can react to the Fiber by jumping and either air grabbing or using Cymbal Clash, depending on the spacing. This is what I'll try next time. The Cymbal Clash thing is actually a real good find, it kind of means that I may be able to punish a Fiber that's done anywhere on the screen, while still being safe if she doesn't do the followup.
-Thinking of using Cymbal Clash in my resets more often. I feel like you can space it in a way where it'll beat some (all?) air supers. A couple ideas were doing it after s.HP, or after the s.HP j.LP j.LK j.MP series (incidentally I'm getting less keen on that second one, it sort of screams "hey I'm about to reset you"). It would be great if I could come up with something that beat mashes and still hit them after they hit the ground so I get the overhead aspect of the move.
Success, you can space this so it beats most air supers. You don't get the overhead aspect of the move unfortunately but it's still a good option to beat mashing. Gonna start doing this more often.
-I wanna try coming up with a combo that uses Beat Extend as late as possible, in order for better use with resets that require Beat Extend. Dunno if this is worth pursuing but I wanna at least try it.
I did try this but it's not really worth it. I had better success just doing my normal combo, not sacrificing any damage and having more undizzy to play with after the reset.
-Need to practice my combos more. I rewatched the tournament from Friday and even though I won I had like a billion American resets. I don't think I'll be able to get away with that at NEC.
Combos are good now. I will never drop anything ever again, unless I do.
e: Oh yeah I forgot. I also wanted to learn Namisomi's corner incoming setup with Peacock. I saw that months ago and though "wow that's really cheap" and have just never put the time in to figuring out how to do it.
Finally got around to looking into this. It's not as good as it looks because if you kill a character with Argus, you don't have time to do the setup on the next character. However, I remembered that this game has assists, and I came up with a double crossup I can do using that which I have plenty of time to do after ending a combo with Argus.

New things:
-If I'm gonna be using Brass as my assist for some matchups, and I am, I need to come up with resets that don't require Beat Extend assist. I have resets like that, but I haven't used them in a long time and I need to practice.
-Starting to think taunting with Big Band is always a mistake. I used to only do this on incoming, but now I think even that's wrong. The taunted supers behave differently and I keep not expecting it and it gets me into trouble. If I have taunt I lose the ability to do certain combos because now air super uses sound stun. And last night I ran into a really weird interaction where SSJ whiffed but the punch part came out. A normal SSJ would have been safe on whiff in that situation. Starting to think I'd rather just go for mixups on incoming with Big Band like I would with any other character.

e: Literally just thought of something else I wanna check. Cymbal Clash catches upback sometimes. I wanna see if I can set this up deliberately, maybe after an untechable knockdown.

Last edited:
Reactions: ClarenceMage
e: Literally just thought of something else I wanna check. Cymbal Clash catches upback sometimes. I wanna see if I can set this up deliberately, maybe after an untechable knockdown.
You can. It's easier to do the heavier a version of Cymbal Clash you use. The H version still has the thing where sometimes you get j.HK instead though (this was fixed, but I guess my inputs are so bad that I still frequently get this issue) so I'm using the M version to set it up.

I'm not sure there's a real mixup here, though? It's just like a thing you have to block in a specific way and you can see it coming from far away. If you hold back on your wakeup, I'm not sure I can mix it up with something that beats holding back that you can't see coming. But I guess we'll see. Maybe it's not as easy to block on reaction in a real match as I think it is.
-Need throw mixups that don't lose to tags. Still true from my set with Taluda. I found a safe mixup against Bella tag but I don't have anything for Painwheel tag. I should just test every tag.
I went into the lab with this and... I think I might be an idiot? My normal throw mixup is already safe from all tags. I just had never bothered trying to hit confirm it. The tag wasn't punishing the jump over j.HP drop item, it was punishing me whiffing normals after that part. How have I won tournaments for this game??? As long as I hit confirm the item drop before pushing buttons, I'm safe from tags. Good to know.

A couple ideas were doing it after s.HP, or after the s.HP j.LP j.LK j.MP series (incidentally I'm getting less keen on that second one, it sort of screams "hey I'm about to reset you")..
Do you ever burst bait after this? The thing that I liked about this reset is that you have different reset options off of it that can beat any of their options, if you choose correctly.
-Starting to think taunting with Big Band is always a mistake. I used to only do this on incoming, but now I think even that's wrong.
Whoo! Even though I don't play Big band anymore, I'm not the only one!

Last edited:
Do you ever burst bait after this? The thing that I liked about this reset is that you have different reset options off of it that can beat any of their options, if you choose correctly.
I do sometimes but a lot of the time when I go for that option the thing I try to burst bait with (usually j.LP) whiffs and I just get nothing. I should practice that more.

Speaking of practice, and I'm quoting Icky but anyone can answer this if they know the answer: I was in training mode the other day and had set up the dummy to do Parasoul c.LK b.HK, and I was trying to reversal in between the two hits. And I was able to get like, M Gun, SSJ, Rush Punch, etc but for the life of me I could not Beat Extend it. Apparently going from a crouching block to a DP motion is actually impossible for me, I could not do it once despite knowing exactly where the blockstring would have a gap. Just wondering if anyone has any tips to mash the DP so good so that I can finally play Big Band the way he was intended to be played. Thanks.

I was in training mode the other day and had set up the dummy to do Parasoul c.LK b.HK, and I was trying to reversal in between the two hits. And I was able to get like, M Gun, SSJ, Rush Punch, etc but for the life of me I could not Beat Extend it. Apparently going from a crouching block to a DP motion is actually impossible for me, I could not do it once despite knowing exactly where the blockstring would have a gap. Just wondering if anyone has any tips to mash the DP so good so that I can finally play Big Band the way he was intended to be played. Thanks.
This might be harder due to the vulnerable startup frames? Did you try with H.BE?

Was the exact string just cLK>4HK, or something before that? I can try this

I do sometimes but a lot of the time when I go for that option the thing I try to burst bait with (usually j.LP) whiffs and I just get nothing. I should practice that more..
Do you ever do the jump back j.lk burst bait? I found that to be extremely reliable on every but Filia/Fukua. Don't know how to help with the dp thing since I can never do a dp motion outside of combos :'c

This might be harder due to the vulnerable startup frames? Did you try with H.BE?

Was the exact string just cLK>4HK, or something before that? I can try this
I want to stay I tried both. But I did forget about the vulnerable frames on the L version and possibly I only tried that one. I mean that would do it. I'll have to check this again just to make sure that wasn't my issue.

The exact recording I had the dummy do was dash, c.LK, b.HK, and I had it set on repeat. The dash made it so the dummy didn't eventually push itself out of reach of me with its own blockstrings.
Do you ever do the jump back j.lk burst bait? I found that to be extremely reliable on every but Filia/Fukua.
I normally use j.LP but I can try j.LK and see if that's any easier. Thanks.

I normally use j.LP but I can try j.LK and see if that's any easier. Thanks.
Just make sure your first j.lk during the reset chain is all 3 hits, or the burst bait j.lk will whiff!

I want to stay I tried both. But I did forget about the vulnerable frames on the L version and possibly I only tried that one. I mean that would do it. I'll have to check this again just to make sure that wasn't my issue.

The exact recording I had the dummy do was dash, c.LK, b.HK, and I had it set on repeat. The dash made it so the dummy didn't eventually push itself out of reach of me with its own blockstrings.
Okay, L or H BE doesn't really make a difference, they're both easy to do.

I'm not really sure whether you mean cLK (blocked) or cLK (hit), but it doesn't really make a difference.
I also don't know whether you got hit out of something! But I figure not.
If you didn't get CHd, then the vuln startup frames on L.BE are irrelevant
If you did, you'll either have to learn how to do faster DPs motions, or start doing it earlier.. not much to say here; there's a giant gap between (blocked) cLK and 4HK (in fact it's big enough that you can CH Parasoul out of the 4HK by pressing cLP..)

The one thing I noticed as a possible source of faults is that you *think* doing the DP motion is much slower than the QCF, and do it too early.
Like, if you want to reversal SSJ, if you do it too early you get pushblock (presuming the cLK was blocked) - but you know that you got quite some time to do it, so you just delay it and things are fine.
With BE you think the DP motion takes too long, so you start doing it too early, and finish it before the reversal window has started yet, which means you just get hit.
I recommend turning on the hitstun-bar and only starting to do the DP input once it's almost entirely depleted

Again, this is all a bit in the air since I don't really have any other info (whether you get CHd on the attempts or not, if you are on stick and if yes what gate, whether you are looking at blocked or connected cLK, etc), but this was the one thing that got me hit a bunch when I was trying around.

The one thing I noticed as a possible source of faults is that you *think* doing the DP motion is much slower than the QCF, and do it too early.
Like, if you want to reversal SSJ, if you do it too early you get pushblock (presuming the cLK was blocked) - but you know that you got quite some time to do it, so you just delay it and things are fine.
With BE you think the DP motion takes too long, so you start doing it too early, and finish it before the reversal window has started yet, which means you just get hit.
I recommend turning on the hitstun-bar and only starting to do the DP input once it's almost entirely depleted
This was in fact the issue. I'm getting it now. Thank you!
Just make sure your first j.lk during the reset chain is all 3 hits, or the burst bait j.lk will whiff!
And this fixed this problem for me, thank you! Although I'm still having trouble getting it to work on Bella, but I can do it consistently against everyone else now.

Reactions: Icky
Trying to figure out if I want to switch my Peacock assist back to George at the Air Show. When I played trio that's what I always used. When I switched to duo I figured "well, I need to be able to convert off instant j.MK" and switched to s.HP. Thing is, though, I'm finding that I never actually use that? Honestly it's so scary to even try it a lot of the time since if they reversal, they're gonna get both characters, and since Peacock's probably already low on health (that's why she's in the back, after all), she would usually die. The other things Peacock s.HP is good for are like, make Big Band's j.HK safe, and make his DP safe. I don't do those things very often either.

Moreover the plane would really help me with a big problem I have when the team is in this order, which is I struggle against opposing assists with point Big Band. If it's 1v1 I feel confident with Big Band vs anyone (although the Fukua matchup is a pain), but if they have assists I have a much more difficult time. I had a thought earlier this morning like wait, instead of counter calling to beat assists, why don't I Brass and call Plane at the same time, since the Plane makes the Brass safe*. Back when I used Plane assist I used that tactic a lot, but I guess I just never thought of using it to beat assists. I feel like that would work but I only just thought of it and haven't been able to try it out. And a lot of my resets and setups and stuff still work with Plane, they're just harder.

Anyways I'm curious what people think. The pros for each are like

George at the Air Show
-Safe Brass*
-Better neutral game assist

Peacock s.HP
-Easier conversions off instant j.MK (you can technically do this with Plane but it's harder)
-Resets using assists are easier to do (ditto)
-Safe DP
-Safe j.HK

I mean there's 4 things under s.HP and only 2 things under Plane, and I would strongly argue that 4 is more things than 2, but I think the things Plane does are maybe more important. Also there could be things I'm not considering.

*There's usually a gap in blockstun where they can reversal, or if the Brass was REALLY poorly spaced they can grab you and avoid the Plane that way. But it's usually safe, as long as you use the correct version of Brass for the spacing you're at. What I particularly like about Plane as opposed to other projectile assists is they can't jump over your Brass and whiff punish it; the arc that Plane takes will at least force them to block.

The other issue though is NEC is this Sunday. Personally I don't like to make big changes to my gameplan the week before a tournament, I just like to drill the stuff I already know and try not to drop a combo or not realize that X doesn't work on Y character or anything like that. So I guess my second question is like, do people think that's valid. I feel like I would like to mess around with this Plane stuff and mess around with Beowulf combos but I feel guilty cause I feel like I "should" be working only on things that will help me do well at NEC.

As always if you read any of this thank you for your time and god bless.

Reactions: Broken Loose
*Earth shakes*
*Dirt sifts and tumbles*
-Head pops out-

"Geeeeooorrrgggee L........"

*Returns to become one with the earth*

*Earth shakes*
*Dirt sifts and tumbles*
-Head pops out-

"Geeeeooorrrgggee L........"

*Returns to become one with the earth*
I don't know if this necessarily addresses the problem I'm having wrt opposing assists, while also not doing these handy things that s.HP does for me. I do think it's a good assist, just not really what my team needs.

I think making Brass Safe is more important over more mix up like conversions off j.MK.

Unlocking another safe neutral tool is more important for match ups than another mix up option.
Also it makes up back H Cymbals even more annoying.
(But I'm biased about that cuz no DP assist on my team)

Peacock s.HP
-Easier conversions off instant j.MK (you can technically do this with Plane but it's harder)
I dunno if you ever use instant j.lk, but non fuzzy guard instant j.lk is convertable without an assist. If you do an instant j.lk to anyone but Val crouching and Filia crouching (I think those are the two, it's *someone* and filia..I tested it a while ago and can't remember) you can get a slightly delayed j.mk, and then land in time to combo a light off of those. Instant j.lk is also much faster than instant j.mk

Also it makes up back H Cymbals even more annoying.
Lol I didn't even think about this. I do love me some upbacking.
I dunno if you ever use instant j.lk, but non fuzzy guard instant j.lk is convertable without an assist. If you do an instant j.lk to anyone but Val crouching and Filia crouching (I think those are the two, it's *someone* and filia..I tested it a while ago and can't remember) you can get a slightly delayed j.mk, and then land in time to combo a light off of those. Instant j.lk is also much faster than instant j.mk
I went through this to add to the compendium at some point, I can't remember either (and LMAO if you thought I would take the 30 seconds to pull up the thread and read it before making this post), but it's actually like half the cast that instant j.LK doesn't work on. I agree that it's way better against the characters it works on though. I really should use it more. There's an absurd number of good tools this character has that I just straight up never use.

Also what about H Brass sliding KD (combo ender) with a timed plane and then wake up with high low throw stuff. Nothing will stop a super/reversal like a delayed projectile.

I would always dash backwards as Parasoul, call L George, then dash forwards to make Peacock safer, dunno if BB has the dash speed or time to do that after Brass though.

Does this matter a lot? On most characters you can do instant j.MK > cymbals > other stuff, and depending on your distance to the wall you can do j.MK > j.HK > other stuff on everyone.

H George sounds like a better assist IMO since it doesn't rely on you being close to your opponent to be effective

I went through this to add to the compendium at some point, I can't remember either (and LMAO if you thought I would take the 30 seconds to pull up the thread and read it before making this post), but it's actually like half the cast that instant j.LK doesn't work on. I agree that it's way better against the characters it works on though. I really should use it more. There's an absurd number of good tools this character has that I just straight up never use.
??? Unless Mike Z changed some hit boxes since I dropped Big Band, it definitely works on everyone but one character and filia/fukua. I'll test it again later, but I could've sworn on my life that it was near universal.

??? Unless Mike Z changed some hit boxes since I dropped Big Band, it definitely works on everyone but one character and filia/fukua. I'll test it again later, but I could've sworn on my life that it was near universal.
oh hellllll no. you did not just drop band....i swear to goddddd icky

Also what about H Brass sliding KD (combo ender) with a timed plane and then wake up with high low throw stuff. Nothing will stop a super/reversal like a delayed projectile.
This is good stuff too. I tested that out this morning, you can call Peacock right after Big Band recovers from Brass and the Plane will connect just as they're getting up. You even have time to jump over them so the Plane crosses up.
I would always dash backwards as Parasoul, call L George, then dash forwards to make Peacock safer, dunno if BB has the dash speed or time to do that after Brass though.
I guarantee Big Band is not fast enough for this, unfortunately :(
Does this matter a lot? On most characters you can do instant j.MK > cymbals > other stuff, and depending on your distance to the wall you can do j.MK > j.HK > other stuff on everyone.
Does j.MK xx Cymbals really work if you're rising? I want to say I tried that and the Cymbals whiffed. I'll take another look at it. I agree it's really not that important though and I don't know why I weight it so heavily in my assist choices.
I took the 30 seconds, I apparently wrote down that it is an instant overhead against
-Cerebella
-Parasoul
-Painwheel
-Fortune
-Big Band
-Eliza
Presumably I couldn't get it to work on anyone else.

oh hellllll no. you did not just drop band....i swear to goddddd icky
I dropped him when I dropped this game in June
I took the 30 seconds, I apparently wrote down that it is an instant overhead against
-Cerebella
-Parasoul
-Painwheel
-Fortune
-Big Band
-Eliza
Presumably I couldn't get it to work on anyone else.
I'm still going to test this again in like half an hour, just so I can at least put my mind at ease

I'm still going to test this again in like half an hour, just so I can at least put my mind at ease
I appreciate it, thanks!

I appreciate it, thanks!
Just tested again, I got it to work on everyone but Filia, Val, and Double. Peacock is verryyyy finicky and I could only get it like 1/10 tries, and i couldn't figure out any rhyme or reason as to why it worked, but so infrequently (but I only spent a few minute trying.) Looks like we were both wrong.

Man, I so could've sworn it was everyone but val and filia :(

Fuck Fukua, she doesn't exist.

Peacock is verryyyy finicky and I could only get it like 1/10 tries, and i couldn't figure out any rhyme or reason as to why it worked, but so infrequently
This is usually due to only hitting the opponent at a very specific part of their idle animation, where their hurtbox moves up those few pixels necessary for your button to connect.

Reactions: mcpeanuts and Icky
Peacock is verryyyy finicky and I could only get it like 1/10 tries, and i couldn't figure out any rhyme or reason as to why it worked
Just want to follow up that j.lk is an instant overhead 100% of the time against Peacock in blockstun, like if she's locked down by copter or something. Just tested this last night, and no other characters interact differently to j.lk while in blockstun

Reactions: mcpeanuts