• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Indivisible: Lab Zero's Action-RPG! (General Discussion)

Not buying that the article is true at all.

Paycheck comes thurs. Ya know, before I got this job I thought I would buy Shovel Knight and Guacamelee once I had money....
Nah.
Dump more of that shit into the IGG cuz I live with parents and it's not like I'm saving fast nuff to escape them.

Fucking hell! I shoulda not checked my facebook! ok I AM glad but now I can't concentrate on the Review script I was writing!

@DDB where you at nerd.

edit: nevermind.

I'm surprised he's even able to type right now.

btw, 5K until the next incarnation. THIS is the pace I've been expecting to see, and I only expect the pace to accelerate!

I didn't really think this was real at first. I'm not sure how I feel about this personally; I really feel like this will be out of place and I dislike guest characters to begin with. It'll hopefully get a lot of attention for the campaign, though.

Please tell me I'm still dreaming.
That's the beauty of it! An announcement like this is so fantastical, so out there, so outside the realms of realistic expectations that it actually takes time for the reality of it to sink in.

I didn't really think this was real at first. I'm not sure how I feel about this personally; I really feel like this will be out of place and I dislike guest characters to begin with. It'll hopefully get a lot of attention for the campaign, though.

I feel the same way. But I did take a look at the characters I didn't know, and it seems like it'll turn out okay.
I do feel like for this to make sense Indivisible is also dimension hopping in addition to globe trotting.

I do feel like for this to make sense Indivisible is also dimension hopping in addition to globe trotting.
Kala (otherwise affectionately known as Titty-Cthulhu, or That God Ajna Wants to Punch in the Face) hops dimensions while eating planets, so yeah it all fits. And Shovel Knight's had a crossover with Battletoads, so it's not all that far out there. Don't know about some of the other characters, though.

When you see it:

OPPIc5H.jpg

Kala (otherwise affectionately known as Titty-Cthulhu, or That God Ajna Wants to Punch in the Face) hops dimensions while eating planets, so yeah it all fits. And Shovel Knight's had a crossover with Battletoads, so it's not all that far out there. Don't know about some of the other characters, though.
I don't like this either as I prefer to think of games as extremely separate from each other, not different dimensions or something along those lines. Cross-overs always come across as very pandering to me and forced, which is really my problem.

Okay, i don't know many of those characters, to be honest, i only know Shovel Knight and Annie.

Now, Shovel Knight already kinda fits into indivisible, i mean, he just need to be drawn in the indivisible artstyle and that is okay.

Annie, idk, she might need a basic redesign.

Now, this might not even be necessary, i imagine that those characters will be optional post content, and not something into the game main storyline.

Also, now we have those fanbases to help our cause, in some way.

Huh! That's actually pretty neat. Wonder how they got the rest.

ALSO GET RUBY FROM RWBY (Or Yang.. Or Nora.... yeeezzz Nora....)

Okay, i don't know many of those characters, to be honest, i only know Shovel Knight and Annie.

Now, Shovel Knight already kinda fits into indivisible, i mean, he just need to be drawn in the indivisible artstyle and that is okay.

Annie, idk, she might need a basic redesign.

Now, this might not even be necessary, i imagine that those characters will be optional post content, and not something into the game main storyline.

Also, now we have those fanbases to help our cause, in some way.
I only know one other char besides Annie and SK and that's Juan. The game's about Luchadores, so Juan may fit in well.

Oh Calibretto I don't know who you are but the fact that you look like Robo is good enough for me. <3

Please make Juan do the Kinniku-buster.

Damn it, should have claimed the Divinity tier when I had the chance.

Wow... this is actually happening...

i'm...

wow...

no words. just tears of joy.

legit crying right now.

Now all we need is someone doing a clean up frame of what one of these character would look like in Lab Zero's artstyle and we're golden. (Except Annie... we already know what she looks like unless they update her to fit the time period.)

Also good job Lab Zero, announcing this on Shovel Knight's physical copy release date. Definitely gonna attract extra hype from those fans I bet!

I am shaking with excitement. Annie is coming and is bringing some more hype with the others.

Reactions: DDB
Wow, that's quite a list. Actually kinda surprised Alyssa L’Salle isn't on there.

Now I'm really curious how all of these characters are gonna fit into parts of the story. I'm sure they'll be hidden, but hopefully there'll be a little more meat to the encounters than just finding them in locked boxes, or whatever.

Peter said the guest characters' abilities and personalities are going to be adapted to Indivisible's battle system, so I suppose they'll also be adapted to the setting. Personally, I'm super hyped; the less known characters will get a lot more of attention, Shovel Knight is Shovel Knight, and Annie has been fighting for centuries, so I think it would be kind of neat that Indivisible and Skullgirls take place in the same universe. As for Juan from Guacamelee, I'm Mexican, and I want Aztec Dude and Juan to suplex some cabrones.

Reactions: hellohello123123
i thought Alex said on the lore stream that the two games DIDN'T share the same universe. Either way it's a cameo so my guess it won't be cannon either way.

i thought Alex said on the lore stream that the two games DIDN'T share the same universe. Either way it's a cameo so my guess it won't be cannon either way.
cannon doesn't really apply when you have interdimensional shenanigans

Exactly, but you know, nowadays being in different universes doesn't mean that some games/series/etc can't meet, there's always ways or excuses to travel over dimensions.

latest

Holy shit all this news, it is so amazing, I can play shovel knight in an action rpg, that is just perfect.

Also now that we currently have 31 characters in the overall game, not withstanding additional characters, with these new incarnations and now they can stretch out the incarnation reveals for even longer.

cannon doesn't really apply when you have interdimensional shenanigans
Crazier things have happened.
DC_Versus_Marvel_1.jpg