• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Indivisible: Lab Zero's Action-RPG! (General Discussion)

"InDemand"?
Pretty sure that is the "keep your campaign open to backers even when campaign period is over/funded". Kind of wish that was an option back when the SG IGG happened. Can this be used for old campaigns?

Most of the people making these comments probably haven't even played the game, and are doing so under mistaken orders from a leader of their "movement."
That movement (you're probably referring to gamergate?) doesn't really have a "leader". It was more of a consumer movement, but since we're on the interwebs everyone can be stupid enough to not make researches before posting anything on twitter. And of course there are people even more stupid to take twitter/fakebook like the fucking absolute truth and never look back, on both sides. I agreed with what Total Biscuit thought on the matter. I just don't want videogames' content to be politicised in any way or pushing some agendas.

If I was a dev I wouldn't get into any shitstorms and just focus on my work. You work/study best when you don't give a shit about anyone's opinion and you can make anything. Like a penguin shouting obscenities.

I once had a dream where I was making a game with a penguin shouting obscenities.

WAY more important ontopic question: I heard Razmi was designed by Mariel and some other people while Zebei by Alex, so who designed Phoebe, Toko and Vasco? They're probably my favourites. And Toko is my waifu.

Reactions: Beuzer0
Mike Z and James Chen are racing each other to do a Scribble Cat run of the prototype!

http://multitwitch.tv/labzero/ultrachentv
This was one of the most fun streams I've watched all year. It was also one of the best pieces of Indivisible media I've had the pleasure of watching too. James actually bothered to learn the game. The fact that he went above and beyond the call of duty with the wall climbing, Mike Z cat and replay is amazing. I donated $5 just out of sheer excitement because it's nice to see someone earnestly learning the game from square one like that. The only thing he's missing is Razmi's slow abuse.
We have one or two more that were in the works, but holding off on moving ahead on them until we have a better sense of where the campaign is going.

They might not still go anywhere, though. Even though we even had one of the most-requested ones already sketched out.
I know it's not going to be normal Annie AND her super version that has never been made outside of concept sketches, but I'm still going to believe anyway.
Well, if we successfully fund the game, we'll be able to open up stretch goals for the InDemand/slacker backer portion.

The stretch goals are divided into two categories: improvements for the core game, and post-release expansion content.

The former would be stuff like more music, new outfits for Ajna, etc. Stuff that is mostly outsourced and doesn't require a ton of extra effort on our part.

The latter would be stuff that is new gameplay stuff, and it would be released in a post-release update because otherwise it'd greatly extend the development of the game.

And I really hope we get to reveal the stretch goals, because there is one that I worked particularly hard on that I think people may freak out a bit over.
That sounds cool. It might be worthwhile to consider offering stretch goals in groups of 2-3 at a time. I think that would be wise. People wouldn't get caught up in what could be instead of what is realistic. Also, it'd give people time to appreciate the initial stretch goals.

Pretty sure that is the "keep your campaign open to backers even when campaign period is over/funded". Kind of wish that was an option back when the SG IGG happened.
They didn't want to extend the SG campaign when IGG contacted them, tho.

Besides, you could still be a backer using the humble bundle store (like I did)

This was one of the most fun streams I've watched all year.

Heh, for me, when they were doing the run against each other, it pretty much felt like this:

Tenoch looks fabulous. Love the shoe design. Are they solid gold like his headdress?

Are the exact designs still in a state of flux or is it just some sort of weird inconsistency?
Go with flux. Or, in Lab Zero's words:
*** Please note that the visual designs and descriptions of each character are subject to change in the final version of the game. ***

In other news, we're 20K away from meeting either Rope Girl, Steampunk Giant-Robo-Arm, or another Zahra-type surprise Incarnation reveal.

Speaking of Zahra, the rosy musician adds another name to the light theme you can now make into a team. Illuminati confirmed. No, literally:
Zahra = beautiful, bright, shining and brilliant [Arabic]
or
Zahra = sparklingly bright and beautiful [Persian]​

Then there's Razmi (ray of light) and Phoebe (bright, shining one).

Reactions: Not-So-Saint
I don't know but I don't like the new Tenoch, now he's shorter and "goofy".

Like Wakka.

Anyway, he still looks like he's a true bro considering his backstory.

You could say that Tenoch is going to be a... GOOF BALL from time to time!

AHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAH:PUJNA:

I don't know what to do, this:

z86xMLp.gif

Or this:

JIRIi2P.jpg

Skullgirls/Indivisible are great because they get the fans of strong female protagonists supporting them and they also get the perverts supporting them. It's a win-win.

Stop saying "perverts" like most of them aren't from this forum in the first place ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Reactions: ArgonBern
Hey it's okay if tenoch is more like Wakka. Wakka had enough arm strength to throw the blitzball so hard it crushed bones and annihilated galaxies.

image.jpg

I don't think I could laugh harder

fku u school

But Wakka was so silly, I mean, was ok to have the "funny guy" in the game but Wakka just made some moments a little awkward, I don't know what kind of sorcery he did to make Lulu love him. At least Blitzball was very fun, even I played more hours Blitzball than the actual game.

Or this:
This would make me very sad, don't do this please

Also, please don't get your pitchforks out again but I don't like Tenoch that much. I think he just looks silly honestly.

Hopefully the sport Tenoch is into was more fun then Blitzball since the inevitable Wakka comparisons are happening. Worst FF mini-game ever imo.

Reactions: Ryin
dude it's sport from The Road To Eldorado
I know the inspiration [knew about that sport from history before seeing that film and it doesn't even do it complete justice either], but wasn't sure if Indivisible was gonna make it a literal 1:1 conversion considering Indivisible isn't exactly like our world.

14k until 850k
This week so far has been great
Maybe they'll actually get funded
DETERMINATION

Reactions: No longer exist
14k until 850k
This week so far has been great
Maybe they'll actually get funded
DETERMINATION
do you have any doubt?

Labzero will make it trough.

Reactions: No longer exist
For real though, It's Lab Zero we're talking about. Of course they'll make it somehow.

I feel like if it can get the extension the campaign will probably get funded. I'm surprised how well the campaign is doing in the past few days.

Hey guys, look who finally donated to Indivisible.

http://imgur.com/Eip4q7I

I feel like if it can get the extension the campaign will probably get funded. I'm surprised how well the campaign is doing in the past few days, though.
I have no doubt in my mind that if this campaign gets extended, that this game will get funded.

Reactions: Meow-Professor
That's not what Lab Zero is about.

NO SHIT!!!!!!!!

I can't even support games around here without people going crazy! I swear to god...
That's why I installed this:
<-------------------------------------

All I said is the games will get support (promotional and financial) from moronic white knights and lifeless perverts alike (the people I consider not true fans, but hey the have money) in addition to their actual core fanbase who like videogames. If you've ever read a Medici Mob Boss post before you'd know what I like Skullgirls, Indivisible and Lab Zero as a company.

Last edited:
Reactions: chillbean
I think the extension will definitely ensure a successful campaign, but even if they don't get the extension I think they will still make it.

I actually personally hate this statement. I know that it's true for other people, but the reason why I play SkullGirls and why I'm supporting Indivisible is because they are fun.

Yeah they're fun games but you need something visual to pull people in who haven't played them yet and Lab Zero is obviously doing a good job at that too. I don't think you should just dismiss the quality of the character design appeal just because you're in it for the game-play, visual design is also important!

In other news, did anybody manage to snag a screen cap of the Indivisble IGG hitting $829,829? Heh

Last edited:
I just saw Tenoch and I'm not a fan. But I am really liking the wide-ranging backgrounds of each character. I'm wondering if there is going to be another antagonistic(?) incarnation. Dhar seems to be the only one right now?

Reactions: Ronus
I just saw Tenoch and I'm not a fan. But I am really liking the wide-ranging backgrounds of each character. I'm wondering if there is going to be another antagonistic(?) incarnation. Dhar seems to be the only one right now?
For all we know, razmi can be one too, she likes dark magic, isn't friendly with the others, but maybe she is just not very social.

Oh I wanted to pose a somewhat unrelated question @Mike_Z are there any game-genres where you'd be out of your game design comfort zone? Just curious.

So can I get a clarification on the "3 day deadline to extend campaign" stuff? Been seeing conflicting information, Ravid saying its okay if we make 900k by friday, that kind of thing.

So can I get a clarification on the "3 day deadline to extend campaign" stuff? Been seeing conflicting information, Ravid saying its okay if we make 900k by friday, that kind of thing.

I think its "3 business day deadline to extend campaign" and since it is business days it could be shorter or longer. Shorter in this case with Ravidrath saying that. So just take what Ravidrath says as true and absolute since he is a part of L0.

Plot twist.
It was Tungar the whole time.
No one ever suspects the short man with the sword wrapped around his head.

Seriously though, Dhar is a yes and Razmi is a maybe. Other antagonistic Incarnations might include:

Vasco: Sure, he left the Iron Kingdom because he was "forced to waste his bullets on one too many defenseless citizens during the Iron Kingdom’s northern campaign," but he's still a ruthless mercenary with bloodstained hands
Antoine: I see him as a misinformed good guy. Upper class diplomat perhaps naive of the true cost of the Iron Kingdom's expansion. He sees it as order, stability, and help for the people while ignorant to why they see it as oppression. Why won't you let us conquer you?

Oh I wanted to pose a somewhat unrelated question @Mike_Z are there any game-genres where you'd be out of your game design comfort zone? Just curious.
I can't wait for Mike to make the perfect Tetris Attack.

Speaking of dev people...

I see you there, Alex.