• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Indivisible: Lab Zero's Action-RPG! (General Discussion)

I can't wait for Mike to make the perfect Tetris Attack.

Not before they make a Lab Zero Fzero. World still needs a new Fzero :(

Lab Zero F Zero would have the sickest lore too, I wanna see the crazy Racers/race-cars they'd come up with.

Reactions: missingno
Plot twist.
It was Tungar the whole time.
How dare you doubt the tiny dad

Pirate lady is kind of a villain, too, or maybe an anti-hero.
Also the Incarnation chart with the shadows hasn't been updated, but I hope the next one we get is scottish samurai. I need him.

This would make me very sad, don't do this please

Also, please don't get your pitchforks out again but I don't like Tenoch that much. I think he just looks silly honestly.

Don't be so dramatic, I was joking, and I'll say my opinion whenever I want, I'm a little disappointed about Tenoch but like I said before, his backstory looks interesting.

Worst FF mini-game ever imo.

I used to say the same thing, until I understand how to play the game.

Don't be so dramatic, I was joking, and I'll say my opinion whenever I want, I'm a little disappointed about Tenoch but like I said before, his backstory looks interesting.
I was joking as well, sorry if it came off as literal.

Shantae at a million?

Shantae at a million?
>No Stanley
>Shantae

why would you even ask for this blasphemy

Ah, yes, hello, I'm here to talk about my compadre Tenoch (pronounced more or less like Te-notch):

His name is obviously based on the name of the México-Tenochtitlan city, capital of the Mexica (best known as Aztec) empire, however, his name means Stone Prickly Pear (Te = Stone, Noch = Prickly Pear).

Ixtapoala doesn't seem to be an actual náhuatl word, however, I'm going to guess it's based on Iztapalapa, one of the Federal District of Mexico City's 16 boroughs. Iztapalapa means "Over the slab in the water".

Ollamaliztli (O-ya-mah-liz-tli) is the actual name of the ancient ball game from Mesoamerican cultures, and yes, it was used for more than just choosing the next human sacrifice, like solving political issues and even to determine who was the rightful owner of the lands, although it's still debated if the winners were the actual sacrifices, contrary to popular belief. This was because the Aztec thought that, by offering the blood of not only enemies but anyone deemed worthy, the sun would never extinguish, and by extension, they were making a favor to the world. The most popular variant of Ollamaliztli was the ball-hips one, where the players hit the ball with their hips, wearing only a special loincloth that was reinforced with leather, but some of them also wore special belts made of wicker or wood covered with leather for extra protection. The ball was made of solid rubber. There was a lot of balls and to this day, researchers don't know the 'official' size of the ball used in important ceremonial games, but evidence say that the ball probably had a diameter of 9 to 12 inches approximately, and it weighed 3 to 6 pounds. It was heavy and hard enough to cause serious injuries, like permanent contusions, nasty bruises that required to be cut opened, or some players were killed after the ball hit them on the face or stomach.

So yes, my compadre Tenoch might look silly to some people, but he is a badass cabrón.

Last edited:
I am feeling so optimistic about the campaign! As has been pointed out, today's already our best day since launch day! It seems like we are well on the way to hitting 900k/60% for the extension. And with 20 extra days, who knows how far we can go. And the possibility of the stretch goals Ravidrath mentioned make me so excited!

Even without those additional milestones knowing that the more we raise, the better the deal with 505 is for the Lab Zero team makes me very happy. Talk about a hard-working (and in my opinion deserving) bunch of people! GO TEAM.

Hey between Ogre and Kotal Kahn and all the rest of 'em I'm kinda sick of the 'towering Mayan/Aztec giant.'

Short stubby legs is where it's at.
gunzerkerPortrait.png
iUn otro badass cabron!

Reactions: E!Damnation
I don't get where the silliness is? He's just short.

He looked bigger.

08ItnoZ.png

Anyway, I wrote something similar about the ball game and the risks for playing it like 1 week ago, but looks like no one read it as always.

Reactions: MajoraZ
My problem with Tenoch's Bio is there's TOO MANY HARD WORDS D= *cries in her corner*
Welcome to Mesopotamian language. :^P

They didn't want to extend the SG campaign when IGG contacted them, tho.
To clarify this - SG had already succeeded amazingly well, and with what we had raised we were already looking at 1.5 to 2 years of working for subsistence level (or below) salaries. Had we asked for something long-term sustainable for us, the outcome might've been different. We thought we'd probably make one character, maybe two.

I know the inspiration [knew about that sport from history before seeing that film and it doesn't even do it complete justice either], but wasn't sure if Indivisible was gonna make it a literal 1:1 conversion considering Indivisible isn't exactly like our world.
I doubt literal, but it's way cooler when you don't get to catch and throw the ball.

Oh I wanted to pose a somewhat unrelated question @Mike_Z are there any game-genres where you'd be out of your game design comfort zone? Just curious.
Visual novels, dating sims, sports games (unless it's Mutant League!), FPSs. Don't get me wrong, I worked on FPSs, but not the FPS parts. I wouldn't put me in charge of one.
If it's got melee combat, racing, platforming, or puzzles I'm all over it.
Introducing our next-next game: FightRaceJumpThink

That'd totally be a splitscreen competition: half a stage of Peace Keepers, jump into a car for half a stage of Chase HQ, jump out of the car for a stage of Henry Hatsworth, then answer 30 randomly generated 5th-grade-level math problems. As fast as possible.

looks like no one read it as always.
Oh, just because we don't comment doesn't mean we don't read ;^)

There should be another guest adaptation soon. Using Cellsai's size chart, I wonder how Calibretto will look...
M1sKkCb.jpg
Ha! From the comics art from a Google search where he is near humans, he is approximately to scale. All I know is Annie should be shorter than Ajna.

Also the Incarnation chart with the shadows hasn't been updated, but I hope the next one we get is scottish samurai. I need him.
He's at the top of my list too. However, the next Incarnation will be a lady (following the alternating gender reveal pattern).

We're traveling somewhere between 2-3K per hour. At this speed, there should be a reveal by the time the hype stream starts:
Stream on 11/10 at 3:00PM (Pacific) on twitch.tv/labzero!
We have permission to stream something really exciting, that you'll definitely want to tune in for... Join the team for a special broadcast on twitch.tv/labzero!
I wonder what it could be...

Reactions: chickenwithtie
I don't get where the silliness is? He's just short.
I feel like his pants look odd (they look like they balloon out on the bottom which looks a bit silly imo), and the gold band looks weird.
Plus his face.
tenoch.png

Visual novels, dating sims, sports games (unless it's Mutant League!), FPSs. Don't get me wrong, I worked on FPSs, but not the FPS parts. I wouldn't put me in charge of one.

Aw, there go my dreams of a Beowulf x Taliesin dating sim :'(

Reactions: Not-So-Saint
So when are we going to see Indivisible's version of Annie?

Reactions: DDB
Oh, just because we don't comment doesn't mean we don't read ;^)

I know that, but then why some one needed to post it again? As if that information has not been posted before?

BTW 500 dlls. to get 850,000

I feel like his pants look odd (they look like they balloon out on the bottom which looks a bit silly imo), and the gold band looks weird.
Plus his face.
View attachment 12245

Nevermind that. It must really hurt if someone gets headbutted on one of the corners of that headdress.

oh my god this is too much guudnez for me.

My only peeve with Tenoch is that i expected his colors to be more vibrant than the cold tone he actually has
I think green feathers would fit a lot better actually, I'll see if I can do a quick shoop

edit: apparently Mike is going to drift Hyper Light Streamer - I mean stream Hyper Light Drifter soon!

I've got special privileges, lemme show ya.

latest

I would assume she would be one of the last one to be revealed because if I were in their shoes I would want to have the guests from the different indie groups done first to widen my demographic web of campaign awareness as soon as possible [Shovel Knight being 1st for obvious reasons] while Annie is apart of SG [a L0 project already] where outside of Annie fans/SG fans who didn't back, but now backing there are already a lot of covered overlap.

Reactions: Wenzel
I know that, but then why some one needed to post it again? As if that information has not been posted before?

BTW 500 dlls. to get 850,000
Because I'm super hyped because there's going to be an Aztec-based character. Mexico has more than mariachi and masked luchador characters to offer.

Because I'm super hyped because there's going to be an Aztec-based character. Mexico has more than mariachi and masked luchador characters to offer.

Has international cuisine and a great admiration to "La Muerte":

D36TIAV.gif

Reactions: Shockdingo
Isn't it time for a new incarnation, by the way, or do the guest incarnations replace the regular reveals they do?

Not sure what Fooood is, but that's La Parka.

It's Food or Cuisine.
La Parka ( or L.A. Park ) = LA muerte

Reactions: Wenzel