• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Indivisible: Lab Zero's Action-RPG! (General Discussion)

Yeah I can see Iddhi plus direction = different Supers.

my only guess is they might be locked behind lvl ups or something... like idk, Zebei hangs out with Ajna and takes her to his village where he goes into the town's archery competition. And he shows off with that new super or something to impress Ajna. and like after that side quest Zebei can use that super in battle.

eh. what ever this is my dumb thought rattling around.

I guess this might confirm multiple Supers, yeah? At least for some characters. Because now Tungar has this sweet new attack on top of that other cool Exploding Blades Super we saw Persona working on.

I hope so. I'd die a little inside if that little shrink-yourself-into-a-Venom-billiard-before-exploding-out-into-a-sphere-of-whirling-death trick turned out to be scrapped. That's something you actually have to train your entire life to do.

Oh, and i'd die a lot outside without Razmi's lifesaving healing powers.

Last edited:
So I read the last email regarding the NPC backer thing, I don't think I received any email about a non-disclosure agreement. When was that sent out?

Reactions: Armageddon11
I'm pretty sure Mike confirmed she won't heal in actual game.
Yeah, I remember back during the panel he said that Razmi was only a healer out of necessity for the demo.

Razmi will probably be an offense magic like a dark mage in a way. healing would probably be moved to another character.

Ajna has hands, you know.
Ajna actually knows therapeutic massages. Giving the whole team a good rub and a pat on the back to feel better.

especially Razmi, her posture is terrible. [actually would be cute if Razmi would act super happy after something like that. yeah i know i'm horrible for trying to see a possible little sister, big sister relationship between Razmi and Ajna.]

So I read the last email regarding the NPC backer thing, I don't think I received any email about a non-disclosure agreement. When was that sent out?
OK, I looked into this some more, and it turns out Gmail left out about half the e-mail addresses for some reason. I just sent out a new one to everyone who has not already turned in an NDA, so this should include you and the missing addresses as well.

If you STILL did not get the NDA, let me know.

Reactions: KZN02
OK, I looked into this some more, and it turns out Gmail left out about half the e-mail addresses for some reason. I just sent out a new one to everyone who has not already turned in an NDA, so this should include you and the missing addresses as well.

If you STILL did not get the NDA, let me know.
Funny thing is that I checked back on indiegogo and found out I forgot to verify my email on my profile. Must have been a coincidence.

Ajna actually knows therapeutic massages. Giving the whole team a good rub and a pat on the back to feel better.

The amount of healing is pretty much as effective as giving a back massage for stab/bite/slash wounds, anyway. But i'm still rather curious about how she's able to bring back the dead with her potent spa treatments. Who just bends down and starts rubbing a corpse?

The amount of healing is pretty much as effective as giving a back massage for stab/bite/slash wounds, anyway. But i'm still rather curious about how she's able to bring back the dead with her potent spa treatments. Who just bends down and starts rubbing a corpse?
Do Chest compressions count?
chest-compression-3.jpg

The paramedics in the gta series

hello everyone, i have a question.

This is a video where at the 10:52 mark, Mike Z literally said “it’s not even like most campaigns where our goal is the entire thing except we have all these stretch goals” and at 11:23 said “we don’t want to make half of it, we don’t want to make a fourth of it, we don’t want to get to the end and be like, oh we don’t actually get to do the bonus dungeon we want to do.” so my question is, why are there stretch goals, if in this video Mike Z himself said there wouldn't be any? if anyone can tell me why this is (hopefully a member of lab zero) it would really put my mind at ease.

Those stretch goals didn't show up until the initial goal was hit, which was very late in the campaign.

also it's best to think of the Stretch Goals as the extra DLC that SkullGirls had. So Like Voiced Storymode and the extra trails and stuff were not important to the game, but it added extra value to the experience.

also it's best to think of the Stretch Goals as the extra DLC that SkullGirls had. So Like Voiced Storymode and the extra trails and stuff were not important to the game, but it added extra value to the experience.

but in the video he stated that he didn't want to do that, and even mentioned the bonus dungeon as something that would get created if the game was funded. it wouldn't bother me so much, but at the rate the crowdfunding is going, we most likely won't get the last two stretch goals, so i'm really hoping that a member of lab zero will see my comment, and have an answer that will give me hope that we'll get voice acting, multiple endings, and a cool bonus dungeon when the game finally comes out.

my question is, why are there stretch goals, if in this video Mike Z himself said there wouldn't be any?
He never said there wouldn't be any Stretch Goals. From the start, they always needed a plan for what they could do with additional funding if they got it. Mike was just saying that the core game's content wouldn't need to be chopped up and placed into Stretch Goals.

What he's referring to is a common approach used in crowdfunding campaigns, where in order to reduce the base funding goal, the creators will split off a lot of their vision of the core game into Stretch Goals. For Indivisible, this would have meant Stretch Goals for things like additional Incarnations, additional weapons, additional hours for the story campaign, a larger map to explore, etc. However, all of this is factored into their base funding goal. Even a fair amount of VO work is planned with the current funding, just not enough to cover the entire game's script.

All of the Stretch Goals currently up are just padding on top of what the core game will provide, and are planned to be implemented without affecting their core production timeline. Even the Bonus Dungeon and Special Endings listed are being proposed as post-release DLC for NG+, so you'd have to beat the game first to even unlock them. That's different than a Bonus Dungeon they might want to place in the main story campaign, such as a secret alternate path towards the boss, or a hidden area where you find an Incarnation or special weapon. Whatever core gameplay, story, and exploration elements they want to put in the main game, are covered with the current budget.

Of course, Mike himself can swing in here and answer your question as well!

I think Mike said it like that cause other crowd funding campaigns have promised a whole game at a partial game price, and having stretch goals makes it seem like they don't actually need the stretch goal money to make their game. So those other campaigns reach their goal amount cause it's significantly less than what they actually need. From what I understand they do this in hope that a "successful" campaign will get them the rest of the money they actually need through the stretch goals. A game that reaches its set goal but still fails to be produced is worse than a game that doesn't reach goal.

The goal indivisible set is the actual price (plus their deal with 505) of making the game they want and indivisible's stretch goals aren't required. Unless something during the games production gets cheaper not reaching the stretch goal means we don't get that goal.
Edit:ninja'd

Last edited:
Valentine does

Reactions: mcpeanuts
hello everyone, i have a question.
This is a video where at the 10:52 mark, Mike Z literally said “it’s not even like most campaigns where our goal is the entire thing except we have all these stretch goals” and at 11:23 said “we don’t want to make half of it, we don’t want to make a fourth of it, we don’t want to get to the end and be like, oh we don’t actually get to do the bonus dungeon we want to do.” so my question is, why are there stretch goals, if in this video Mike Z himself said there wouldn't be any? if anyone can tell me why this is (hopefully a member of lab zero) it would really put my mind at ease.
Indi's stretchgoals are all extras and Mike referred to other campaigns where they took out chunks of original design and put them into stretchgoals section to make threshold goal smaller.
What he meant is that they have a vision of a 'base' game which should be a whole experience without any vital parts omitted and without unnecessary parts clogging it down. They budgeted their campaign having such a base plan in mind. After getting money they will create said game in a time period they estimated for such a game. It will be finished wholesome game with a satisfying story and all the characters and features necessary for it. Then it will be released. And AFTER that (provided they have extra money from the stretchgoals) they will START working on the extra content described in the stretchgoals. It's not like Mike is against extra features, he just wants to create base game in the form it was designed first and worry about add-ons later.

Reactions: KZN02 and The Dave
“we don’t want to make half of it, we don’t want to make a fourth of it, we don’t want to get to the end and be like, oh we don’t actually get to do the bonus dungeon we want to do.” so my question is, why are there stretch goals, if in this video Mike Z himself said there wouldn't be any?

It's best if you compare it to the Shenmue 3 and Red Ash campaigns to illustrate the difference. For those games, they section off actual main content behind stretch goals. Shenmue towns from 1&2 are already mostly littered with Betting Games and Mini Games, so it's telling that some key parts are "extras" here. Red Ash straight-up had you fund each individual section of the main game as stretch-goals. This is what was likely meant with "You've funded 3/4ths the game!" because you could conceivably fund part only a fraction of the game.

The difference with Indivisible is that the actual main game is altogether in one package. You couldn't fund 3/4ths of it, it was either all or nothing. When he said "we didn't get to do the bonus dungeon we want to do", I can't say exactly since I'm not him, but I'm assuming that was "content that should be in the game". And then they see their bonus dungeon as "doesn't actually need to be in the game" (but that's just my reading).

The Stretch goals here for Indiv are pure extra. They aren't things that would/should be in the main game. They are actually things that the game doesn't *need* but they'd like to do extra if they had money, which is what Stretch Goals ideally should be (that bit is just my opinion though).

From the IGoGo page:
About Our Stretch Goals
The $3.5M budget we’ve presented is for our full vision for Indivisible's core, but we have plenty of ideas for stretch goals.

We have two primary aims in mind for Indivisible’s stretch goals: 1) Make the game into an even better game and more desirable product, 2) Without greatly extending the development schedule of the core game.

As such, most gameplay-oriented additions are currently being considered as content for a post-release expansion.

Also, please note that these are not the exact costs of each stretch goal item in question, but instead represent a balancing of the costs across multiple goals. Adding multiplayer functionality, for example, is rather expensive and would require an unreasonably large sum compared to other stretch goals.

And as we did with Skullgirls, we will always look for ways to spend any extra money to make the game better or faster, should things come in cheaper than expected.

but at the rate the crowdfunding is going, we most likely won't get the last two stretch goals

Remember the BackerKits are not out yet, meaning a lot of people have the same pledge they initially put in. I'm sure many people will up their pledge amount when the option arrives as it's been long enough and enough progress has been shown that they may want to contribute to an even better project.

That or they want more cool stuff like the statue (which I am upgrading to get myself).

Once the Backerkit's out there will be a jump in funds, and I'm sure there will be at least the $93495 to get the voice acting.

It's best if you compare it to the Shenmue 3 and Red Ash campaigns to illustrate the difference.
Just talking about campaigns now, another good example of that practice was actually the Friday the 13th Kickstarter that was running around the same time as the Indivisible campaign. If you remember, their Stretch Goal chart was huge, and they were pretty much forced to put it up halfway through their campaign to try and build momentum. You could see that a ton of gameplay features and iconic Jason actions were being relegated to Stretch Goals, and there was no doubt that they were hoping for a much bigger success on that campaign than they ended up with. While the "funded" product might end up fine, it's definitely going to be a shadow of what they probably had hoped it would be.

Zebei's animation reminds me of Archer and Sniper critical hit animations from Fire Emblem.
well he was voiced by matthew mercer in the prototype...maybe some of the archer class rubbed off on him

Reactions: KZN02
well he was voiced by matthew mercer in the prototype...maybe some of the archer class rubbed off on him
We can w8 until Nether Realm will revile Green Arrow and steal his moves :)

As far as it goes, we will only make what we have the money for. Our budget is more or less what we have set for the game and the stretch goals.

If we don't hit the stretch goals for the voices or additional dungeon, then we just won't have the money to do it.

I just wanted to note that this already includes VO. The VO stretch goal is for EVEN MORE VO.
yeah. It's like how SG had VO but then 2nd Encore had the extra voiced story mode.

so i'm guessing in Indivisible there will be VO for action and for important events in the story. The Stretch Goal would have just had it where like non important NPCs would have lines and stuff. right?

[also we need that goal to hit. Mike needs to do all of the voices. I want me Pirate Mike, and my Village Elder Mike, and Cowboy Mike. Mike is a master at cool voices.]

Don't forget, from the start their model for VO (w/o Stretch Goal) has been Valkyrie Profile (PS1). Watch a playthrough of that to get a pretty good idea of how it's planned to be used right now.

Better yet, maybe it's time for another VP stream!