• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Indivisible: Lab Zero's Action-RPG! (General Discussion)

How's the animation even being done this time around? I'm guessing a modified version of the Skullgirls method with advanced shading and detail being spread out and saved for when it counts? Is everything still being hand-drawn?

Is everything still being hand-drawn?
Yessir.
Can't speak to your other question but as far as I know nothing about the process really changed aside from having colored lines.

Yessir.
Can't speak to your other question but as far as I know nothing about the process really changed aside from having colored lines.

I'm just curious, was it at all related or inspired by the post that Mane6 did about colored lines with the engine? I remember seeing that post and thinking, "Man, this would be so cool if they shared this tech with Lab Zero".

I'm just curious, was it at all related or inspired by the post that Mane6 did about colored lines with the engine? I remember seeing that post and thinking, "Man, this would be so cool if they shared this tech with Lab Zero".
Nope. We had already done it separately from them, heh, but it was neat to see that both groups came up with it. :^)

New character, new character hot and fresh from the update!

tiger_mage_razmi_pose_keyart01_organized.png
This is Razmi. A shamaness who speaks to the tiger spirit in her lantern.

The detail in the designs are getting sick! why I love this company XD I'll admit, I thought she was a Studio Ghibli char for a moment.

So she's a loner with a flaming kitty spirit. and also she is wearing the fur of said kitty spirit. hmmm. okay, guessing she's going to be the red mage with some buff/debuff spells.

Watch Razmi become the no. 1 waifu within the Indivisible fandom. It's inevitable.

That is really cool. Ok, she's my 2nd favorite character now, with Cowboy being the 1st.

Reactions: DimitriAwsometh
Watch Razmi become the no. 1 waifu within the Indivisible fandom. It's inevitable.

She's already my #1 waifu right now!!!!

I hope there's going to be a tier with an art commission in the CF next month. Desperately need me some top notch custom Razmi art in my life!

I suppose this game will be best played on pad, but is there any chance of us playing it well enough on keyboard, stick, or hitbox? Just for funsies? Any idea of how many buttons/controls we will need?

I just wanted to bring this question back to Mike's attention. Specifically, I want to know whether Indivisible will be making use of analogue controls, or sticking with digital directions like Skullgirls.

The game looks more unique with each announcement, i wonder if the cutscenes of the game will be voice acted or they could go to the SG route and first make a version with pure text and if the game is funded and popular enough to make a 2d version of it with voice acting now, since the process of making voice acting for each game isn't easy (And apparently any deadline to a possibly specific date is not out of the plan) i guess this game won't have voice acting, maybe in battles or certain parts, but full voice dialog acting it's something i don't quite see for budget and time reasons, this is my way of thinking though, i could be wrong either way so, if someone can correct me about these details, it would be nice.

Oh, I missed it.
I just wanted to bring this question back to Mike's attention. Specifically, I want to know whether Indivisible will be making use of analogue controls, or sticking with digital directions like Skullgirls.
@gllt
Digital directions, you can play it fine on a stick. Although since it has VP-style combat, the fact that sticks don't have a diagonal button layout like pads makes a difference in the ease of associating buttons with characters.

i wonder
I'm just letting you know your posts are too...unclear and jumbled...for me to read, so I'm not gonna answer any more of your questions. Sorry.

Oh, I missed it.

@gllt
Digital directions, you can play it fine on a stick. Although since it has VP-style combat, the fact that sticks don't have a diagonal button layout like pads makes a difference in the ease of associating buttons with characters.

I'm just letting you know your posts are too...unclear and jumbled...for me to read, so I'm not gonna answer any more of your questions. Sorry.

You don't have to answer if you don't want to, pretty much every post here is my self thought of the game, and questions i brought to myself, the choice of answering my posts are something that you decide, if you reply to my posts or not is, well, your decision, i usually posts things like that to connect certain thoughts of mine until i reach an end point, if you wanted the question easy to read: ¿Will this game present VA or not?, i wasn't expecting an answer of yours, but as i said, i don't think you will have doubts with the simplified question now, right?, bye.

¿Will this game present VA or not?

I bet my left kidney the answer is "It depends on the how much funding we get from IndieGoGo campaign".

YEH. TIGER GIRL FUCK YEAH.
I already have my dream-team for this game. She looks goddamn rad.
Yeah. She kinda got me now. For how she was presented in tje blog post she strongly reminds me of Tomoko from WataMote.

Reactions: Gamrdogg
Go go introverted heroes!
Zebei = shy yet a showoff
Razmi = reclusive, awkward, and snarky

And they both look to have such comfortable clothes. They share the same rough-edge fur-lined apparel, like they are both from a polar region. Here's Ajna rolling up her skirt and they are dressed for a blizzard.

Two thumbs up for Razmi and Bom.

I'm willing to bet that voiced cutscenes will be a stretch goal of some kind. Voices were a pretty big part of VP's presentation, and there's no way L0 would miss an opportunity to give their talented VAs more work if the budget allowed it.

I'm actually more curious if the prototype will have voice acting, to give people a taste of what to expect. We're already getting a real button config, so who knows. This is shaping up to be the best not-a-demo ever!

A shamaness who speaks to the tiger spirit in her lantern.

She is the Herald of Gargos

I am SO pumped up to play this prototype. I predict an upcoming reveal of a buff tank of a warrior to round out the party. Would be one hell of an introduction to the roles different characters have in battle

Reactions: YoYoCheese
I bet my left kidney the answer is "It depends on the how much funding we get from IndieGoGo campaign".
You may keep your left kidney!
Although the goal is partly-voiced (a-la VP) as part of the base budget, I THINK.

I'm actually more curious if the prototype will have voice acting, to give people a taste of what to expect. We're already getting a real button config, so who knows. This is shaping up to be the best not-a-demo ever!
Er. Button config already existed, though - voices don't. The prototype MAY have some HYAA!s but it also might not have anything.

Just as long as Mike doesn't do a female voice again, Evo was a bit much. It only took a few minutes before he started explaining what THINX was, letting him in the recording booth might be dangerous.

In b4 people ask why Ajna is no longer russian in the final release!
Jokes aside though, I actually would be really excited to see some Russian/Slavic-inspired monsters/characters/locations.

Reactions: KaboomKid
Just as long as Mike doesn't do a female voice again, Evo was a bit much. It only took a few minutes before he started explaining what THINX was, letting him in the recording booth might be dangerous.
THINX ARE SO GREAT THOUGH, c'mon now.

Go go introverted heroes!
Zebei = shy yet a showoff
Razmi = reclusive, awkward, and snarky

And they both look to have such comfortable clothes. They share the same rough-edge fur-lined apparel, like they are both from a polar region. Here's Ajna rolling up her skirt and they are dressed for a blizzard.

Two thumbs up for Razmi and Bom.

Now the question is... how does somebody living in the arctic get a tiger pelt?

Is labzero gona stream the Indivisible (IND for short maybe?) animation process like they did with skullgirls?

Er. Button config already existed, though - voices don't. The prototype MAY have some HYAA!s but it also might not have anything.
Oh, that's fine Mike. You've already done the unimaginable, even if it was done years before Indivisible. I don't even want to start thinking about all of the games I've played, especially demos, that prioritized voice acting before a button config.

Now the question is... how does somebody living in the arctic get a tiger pelt?
As a serious answer, southern areas get pretty friggen' chilly. It's been cold in Australia of all places. (Like, 15-20ish degrees fahrenheit? And as far as I know, counties like Japan snow and they're home to tigers.

speaking of VA, i would like to see Kai (Beowulf's VA) make an appearance, maybe as a side character or something (I wouldn't mind Shopkeeper too)

Pretty sure that was already shot down.

Cold? Canada is always a fun time during the winter. If you're next the Finger Lakes then have fun with all the snow in the world. oh and let's not forgot that you have to watch out for Moose, they can be kinda aggressive if you get too close to them. Good thing I'm used to that sorta junk.

Good thing I cant get cold because you know

I'm Magma

I was in South Dakota for 2013's winter. Fuck that. -40F? Never again. Anyways, back on topic >.>''

Pretty excited for the prototype. Can't wait to see how lovely everything fits together!

I'm kinda hoping her pelt is going to be as expressive as Beowulf's