• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Indivisible: Lab Zero's Action-RPG! (General Discussion)

I think this game will take a more serious animation style. But I do hope there's some unanimate objects that are animated (Like most the skulls depicted around Skullgirls), for some humor.

Guess the next incarnation will be that Heihachi Mishima-looking guy.

But are they edible tho. I assume so considering they eat each other as well, but that might be just mindless eating.

Hey, we have a question for everybody!

Alrighty. Shipping costs for physical rewards on Skullgirls ended up being...let's just go with "significant", compared to the manufacturing costs.
So, since we're planning on having some physical rewards for Indivisible, we decided to ask this ahead of time.

If you'd back the campaign and get physical rewards, would you prefer:
- to pay the regular shipping cost, and wait until the game comes out so that your game and the physical rewards can be shipped together?
or
- to pay a bit more for shipping, and receive your physical rewards way before the game comes out, in a separate shipment from the game itself?

If you have an opinion, please answer the straw poll here: http://strawpoll.me/5306848

Hey, we have a question for everybody!

Alrighty. Shipping costs for physical rewards on Skullgirls ended up being...let's just go with "significant", compared to the manufacturing costs.
So, since we're planning on having some physical rewards for Indivisible, we decided to ask this ahead of time.

If you'd back the campaign and get physical rewards, would you prefer:
- to pay the regular shipping cost, and wait until the game comes out so that your game and the physical rewards can be shipped together?
or
- to pay a bit more for shipping, and receive your physical rewards way before the game comes out, in a separate shipment from the game itself?

If you have an opinion, please answer the straw poll here: http://strawpoll.me/5306848

Now that you're talking about physical rewards, what kind of "rewards" backers would receive?, a soundtrack CD, a shirt, a figure?, or more or less the same kind of "scale" rewards SG backers had (Like 100$ we will give you this, and 2000$ this)?

does this mean physical console versions are confirmed?
how much is a bit cause if it's like 10-25 how would we know just from pledging?

I'm totally down for double shipment but all in all I don't care.

I'd prefer to have the rewards shipped with the game. I'm already waiting, so I can wait more. And having the rewards with the game makes the arrival a bit cooler imo.

i think most people on SH won't have a problem with waiting especially with the team here talking with us but the majority of crowd funding patrons will always complain about the wait no matter.

Seems like it'd be better just to wait until the game's done to ship everything. Not only do people save money, but you'd figure things like soundtracks/artbooks/animation cels/etc. wouldn't even be ready until the game's close to done anyway. Backers just need to be patient for this kinda stuff.

Only downside, is that the little tapirs would probably have to wait a while before they could be taken to their new homes. Hopefully they're being kept nice and cozy.

Yes, indeed it does.

One of the things you get for partnering with a publisher.

It's hard to ship something that doesn't exist. :^)

I will gladly wait years and years for it if I get a Mike Z authograph included
Er. If you want one I can send you one...

Oh my, physical copies. I don't know much but it sounds like a big great step to me. Congratulations!
But yeah I voted the first one, it's more practical I think. If you'll really remember the autograph that would be so nice, Mike o/

Reactions: Rakurin
I personally would prefer a physical reward before hand, even if I have to pay more. Because that means I'm giving more and getting something that's always there for me to see to remind me I'm paying money to a project well worth the cost and keep me hyped.

However, if it's something that ships with the game and I get a large crate of goodies with a good game included for less, then I'm all for that as well. :D

I'm okay eith the decision that causes you less trouble

Again, I'd say the first option. I don't mind waiting.
I'm really excited about a physical release! I've always disliked digital downloads, but I understand physical copies are expensive.

Cutting down on shipping for everyone seems like the better idea, and as others have said, it's not like you aren't already waiting for the game.

I'm okay eith the decision that causes you less trouble
That is probably the separate shipments, oddly enough...actually I am corrected, it's not. :^P

Still says "poop" though.
That's basically the same. (^.^)

If you'll really remember the autograph that would be so nice, Mike o/
It's weird, but I'll remember. You send people things all the time!

Yes, indeed it does.

One of the things you get for partnering with a publisher.

LabZer0 Da Bess!!! Please have a booklet even if it's a stretch goal.

Those became extinct when the Sega Gens and SNES died off =\

XRD and Witcher had them, so do a bunch of others and again that doesn't include crowd funded pc games with incentive booklets.

PS: You could have at least said died with PS2 come on.

Yeah a lot of my console games still have them, though lately many of them are much shorter and mostly just "how to turn on the system" guides.

King of Fighters 13 had a really nice one.

Yeah, good manuals were on the decline, but they weren't dead yet. Obviously Working Designs games had some of the highest quality manuals ever printed during the PS1 era. You also had those humongous Saturn manuals, and manuals like Mario 64's were pretty crucial to help players learn all of the moves.

Truth is, with the internet around today, people's "need" for game manuals has kinda just transitioned into a general desire for artbooks and other memorabilia, which thankfully we have more access to. At one point, those game manuals were the best artbooks we were gonna get!

Anyway, we can be sure that any books L0 might be printing for this game are gonna look badass. It sounds like they'll have a nice range of stuff for us to pick from.

good to know i'm not the only one who liked the booklets. When i'm at gamestop if a used game doesn't have a book they lose a sale.

Okay. I was trying to play SMB lately for the first time pretty much. I absolutely loath walljumps.
What I'm trying to say here is that I'm really glad about Mike's decision to pit in wall cling except of climb or slide. Sliding I just hate. MMX's one I can get on with since it's really slow and delayed and you're also have an option to ascend just a little bit and somewhat maintain your position on the wall if need be. SMB's one I actually dislike a lot.

Wait, HOW will Ajna walljump? We saw 2 kinds of walljumps that work in other ways but how will she do those differently? Like, having the axe does the axe-wall-jump etc or by pressing a different button like attack to cling? I'm a bit concerned.

Like, having the axe does the axe-wall-jump etc or by pressing a different button like attack to cling?
My guess is behind that there will be a button for both. In the video, she can use the axe on the ground as well, so I doubt that they would replace your wall cling button just because you're wielding a weapon.

It kinda looks like the Axe-Cling is just the result of an air attack that makes contact with the wall. It would definitely make sense to give dual uses to a weapon using the same button. We'll see if that's the case.

Hopefully in the game we'll be able to alternate between Axe-Climbs and walljumps consecutively, because that could be a lot of fun. Following up the axe-climb's vertical boost with the walljump's horizontal push might be really handy.

Wait, HOW will Ajna walljump? We saw 2 kinds of walljumps that work in other ways but how will she do those differently? Like, having the axe does the axe-wall-jump etc or by pressing a different button like attack to cling? I'm a bit concerned.
From what we've seen, there's gonna be an action button that uses the different weapons based on which weapon is selected. We saw Ajna do the axe chop in the air AND the axe slash to open a door in the demo vid, so I think it's safe to say the Axe will have an action for in air and on the ground, as we've seen. Heck, it might even have a crouching action, though I doubt that.

Basically, as I see it, Ajna can wall jump. She can't wall slide, so hitting jump from a wall will make her leap off it directly in the opposite direction without the control of the normal X-style wall slide. However, the weapon selected will give he additional options, like the axe allowing Ajna to cling to a wall and then probably hit the jump buttom to jump from that position or possibly hit action again to just straight drop.

Wall jump is Jump.
Axe hang is Attack + hold the button + hit a wall. She hangs there as long as you keep the button held.

Thanks! I just felt incredibly sick from eating a copy of Guilty Gears after I've heard that and now I need a new kidney.

So how does it feel? Attempted murder I mean because YOU DID THAT

Thanks! I just felt incredibly sick from eating a copy of Guilty Gears after I've heard that and now I need a new kidney.

So how does it feel? Attempted murder I mean because YOU DID THAT
You should try to eat Smash instead :PUN:

Also random video about axe fencing because RELEVANCE!

Edit: wait if Alex is actually of Burmese descendant then this video totally represents the stuff that Ajna's moves were supposedly based on. I didn't search for it, I just found in my feed.

2nd edit: I was totally mistaken! It says Brunei in video, not Birma. Pretty interesting nonetheless.

Last edited:
Reactions: KaboomKid