• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Indivisible: Lab Zero's Action-RPG! (General Discussion)

When I saw the tapir announcement I really imagined like some mean people getting into your office and doing some obscene things to the plushie.

The campaign is going to be soon™ isn't it? I'm trying to hold myself as much as possible.

Will there be an option to change the frequency of enemy encounters, like in Bravely Default? I'm sure there'll be people who prefer the platforming over the combat, and vice versa.
Bravely Default was designed to play like an old JRPG, so it sure played like a dated JRPG. Frequency encounter and battle speed sliders weren't even available in the original JP release.

But hey! Since you're on the line, could you or @Ravidrath chime in on my earlier questions regarding Paypal? Should Backers have any concerns using the service? Like, could one user sending multiple payments to Lab Zero in one day cause a Red Flag to pop up or something? Just hoping everything goes smooth this time.

IGG now handles a lot of that stuff now, but we're in contact with them to make sure that doesn't happen again.

For the most part, it's just letting PayPal know that a bunch of money may be flooding into an account and that it's legit.

Pointless, especially for a single player game. I thought L0 wasn't much for wasted effort, I'm hoping this is wayyyyy down the stretch goal line, after all the important stuff has been achieved.

It's pretty far down the line, but I'll get into our stretch goals a bit... if we get there.

The budget will be for a complete vision of the game - nothing like "We'll add more worlds!" etc.

So all the stretch goals will fall into two categories: general improvements and post-release content.

"General improvements" are intended for the initial release, but are mostly things that don't require a ton of work on our part. So that would cover things like more music, more voice acting, reskinning the Inner Realm, etc.

"Post-release content" would be new stuff like New Game+, multiple endings, super hard bonus dungeon, etc. These do require a lot of work from us, but we don't want to blow out the scope of the original game and have to delay it significantly to accomodate this stuff. So it would be released as a free update 6 months later or so, similar to what Shovel Knight is doing now.

And even in single player games, players like customization!

"Post-release content" would be new stuff like New Game+, multiple endings, super hard bonus dungeon, etc. These do require a lot of work from us, but we don't want to blow out the scope of the original game and have to delay it significantly to accomodate this stuff. So it would be released as a free update 6 months later or so, similar to what Shovel Knight is doing now.
I love this approach. Good stuff, y'all.

The campaign is going to be soon™ isn't it? I'm trying to hold myself as much as possible.
That's good of you.
It is going to be Soon, yes. The delay is outside of our control. >.<

2 weeks.

I'm really hoping this is accurate.

As Mike noted, though, it's beyond our control - the delays are just a side effect of working alongside a much larger company.

I'm really hoping this is accurate.

As Mike noted, though, it's beyond our control - the delays are just a side effect of working alongside a much larger company.
So, basically it's certain that campaign won't start in September?

But will Lab Zero be up to the challenge of creating a sewer level that people actually like?
Blade Kitten had one that was Sewer like that was fun. Annoying but kinda fun. Unless I'm thinking of som'in else then feel free to whap me with a ruler.

No, two weeks from today is still September. If only just.
No, see, it's thematic. It'll launch so close to the end of September it'll be Indivisible.
Ajna Punface copy.png

I didn't know that people dreaded water levels. At the very least, those are where you tend to find some of the best music! Hydrocity Zone...Dire Dire Docks...Bubble Man stage...the entire Ecco & Aquaria OSTs...Omega Red's stage was in an underwater base...

Nah, the bane of my gaming existence has always been Circus Levels. I can only tolerate those obnoxious stripes and bouncy walls for so long. It's a shame, because I really wanted to like Aero the Acrobat.

But yeah, if Indivisible gives us the opportunity to take Ajna through some beautiful flowing waters, I say bring it on!

I think people hate water levels because they mess up with the rules that we get used to the point where the water level starts.

I must say, i really like the water levels in Super Mario World.

And as much as i love sonic, i hate any water level in any sonic with the exception of hydrocity (and i don't like this level that much).

I'm pretty sure that everyone wants to see this remodeled for Indivisible.

I know you like water levels so much, so this should be the level you want so much to play, i'm sure of it .

Last edited:
I know you like water levels so much, so this should be the level you want so much to play
Dude, at least the turtles could actually swim on that stage.

But hey, you gotta admit, the music was good!

The budget will be for a complete vision of the game - nothing like "We'll add more worlds!" etc.

Awesome. Many people would probably get helluva salty if we didn't get to a "More Incarnations" or "More levels" stretch goal.

As for hating water levels I thought that originated from Ocarina of Time Water Temple. :P Funnily enough I didn't really mind it myself. Maybe cause I love water related stuff in general.

Dude, at least the turtles could actually swim on that stage.

But hey, you gotta admit, the music was good!

I forgive any kind of hard level as long as it has good music, like Turbo Tunnel in Battletoads, or the overall music of Ghost N' Goblins, and for a water level, awesome music is mandatory .

which personally I find odd. But The icon would have to be added to the "local" data base by the hosts, so even a basic "admin" wouldn't have access to that.... usually.

I personally have no issue with Indivisible or SG emotes, but then reactions off this post pops up that kind of damages the chances of continued support on that. Apparently there are people here that don't like it because people spam it to annoy them or something.

I know this :PUN: got a mixed reaction here.

Back