• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Indivisible: Lab Zero's Action-RPG! (General Discussion)

One of my only problems so far with this game is the names. Not saying I hate them.. really like em, as they fit a culture that's rarely used. But my problem is they're foreign spellings. I have trouble remembering too many (2 or more x,x) hard spellings of names.. I barely even remember Ajna's name.. mostly cause it's short. I'm sure the more I play it when it launches, the more I'll beable to memorize the names... Just as the moment it's pretty tough x,x

One of my only problems so far with this game is the names. Not saying I hate them.. really like em, as they fit a culture that's rarely used. But my problem is they're foreign spellings. I have trouble remembering too many (2 or more x,x) hard spellings of names.. I barely even remember Ajna's name.. mostly cause it's short. I'm sure the more I play it when it launches, the more I'll beable to memorize the names... Just as the moment it's pretty tough x,x

Once the game is out, i'm pretty sure it will have plenty of times where the names are said by the ingame characters, so you'll get used eventually. =P

If not, just imagine said character, and imagine yourself writing the name of said character in his/her forehead, this never fails.

It is much too early to answer this question...but your specific question is not the same as "how hard". You're just asking whether the percentage would carry over to NG+. I would assume so, since you already have whichever items? But most games let you get duplicates, so I guess in the case of Indivisible if you already had (say) High Jump Boots and got them again it'd just not add a %.

Dumb question is there even going to be a new game plus mode?

And if there is will there be anything new to warrant a second playthrough or is it just going to be something like ramped difficulty?

EDIT: Or will it be something like Pirate mode in Shantae where it gives you all the items you used to make speed running easier?

Last edited:
Dumb question is there even going to be a new game plus mode?
And if there is will there be anything new to warrant a second playthrough or is it just going to be something like ramped difficulty?
EDIT: Or will it be something like Pirate mode in Shantae where it gives you all the items you used to make speed running easier?
If there is NG+, which we do all want here (^.^) then it'd be much more like CT where things change and you can do stuff you couldn't before, rather than just "all the enemies are harder now".

If there is NG+, which we do all want here (^.^) then it'd be much more like CT where things change and you can do stuff you couldn't before, rather than just "all the enemies are harder now".
Untitled.jpg

yay for lazy edits

Reactions: Dean[SG]
Quite a few questions:

-When the prototype rolls around, will I be able to plug in a PS4 controller via USB and play with that or will it be exclusively on keyboard?

-I'm assuming it'll be fine if people stream/record the prototype for Twitch/YouTube respectively?

-How are you planning to incorporate the touchpad on PS4 controllers? Will you be using it as just another button, or will the touchiness be functional with menus and such?

-Are you permitted by higher-ups (if applicable) to list backer rewards before the actual campaign starts? If yes, what are the odds you're going to do that?

Apologies if you've already answered these.

Can we get a few day's notice before the prototype comes out for SG backers so that I'll know when to go into homework crunch?

-When the prototype rolls around, will I be able to plug in a PS4 controller via USB and play with that or will it be exclusively on keyboard?

Yes.

-I'm assuming it'll be fine if people stream/record the prototype for Twitch/YouTube respectively?

As @Kit Ballard already said, yes. It's encouraged. Please show it to as many people as you can! :D

-Are you permitted by higher-ups (if applicable) to list backer rewards before the actual campaign starts? If yes, what are the odds you're going to do that?

I'm pretty sure we could if we wanted to but I don't think we want to and there's not much reason to do so. The campaign will be active for like a month. The only reason I can think of to let people know ahead of time is for those who want to get a jump on any of the limited-supply rewards, but I don't think we're going to release that info early just to accommodate that.

Can we get a few day's notice before the prototype comes out for SG backers so that I'll know when to go into homework crunch?

We'll try!

Treat them as romanji.

As more clarification, anything that works with SG works with this.

-How are you planning to incorporate the touchpad on PS4 controllers? Will you be using it as just another button, or will the touchiness be functional with menus and such?
Uh. The touchpad is too small to be of real use as any sort of precise control, even in existing games that try to use it for menus...

Game's looking REALLY beautiful with textures, lighting and things colored. Can't wait to see this bad boy in motion when we get the prototype.

The health/action bars look awesome! And as I'm now noticing, I think we're going to be able to appreciate the Z engine lighting effects a lot more in an RPG.

The backgrounds look completely 3d rendered so i was wondering will the camera be able to tilt and yaw and not just pan up and down? kinda like how the pause camera works in smash bros. Kinda would like to take snap shots like in smash with this game.

also will there be an option to toggle the meters and stuff on and off as you fight? select button maybe? Nice feature to have if you just want to look at the art as you fight.

Do they each get three different iddhi attacks using up, down, or neutral press'?

Do they each get three different iddhi attacks using up, down, or neutral press'?
They have three normal attacks and one Iddhi super each. Not sure if Razmi's heal is her super or not.

I was wondering... Do you guys have an idea of how long a "big" fight would last in the game? Saw a video of a ff7 weapon boss fight and it left me with mixed feelings: it was long as hell because of summons, but if you skipped that, the fight wouldn't last more than 5 minutes. I dunno how much is a good average duration for fights in rpgs.

on blocking are you holding your attack button to block? that seems like an accident waiting to happen. since you hold L1 + character button to use iddhi wouldn't it be good to have say L2 + character button to block? is blocking a turn action that runs out after the opponents turn is over or is it an active action like in fighting games?

on blocking are you holding your attack button to block? that seems like an accident waiting to happen. since you hold L1 + character button to use iddhi wouldn't it be good to have say L2 + character button to block? is blocking a turn action that runs out after the opponents turn is over or is it an active action like in fighting games?
I assume you cannot actually attack when enemies already started their animation, so it should be easy to tell whether you're going to attack or block with that animation.

Really loving the screenshots. Those Ahps already looked creepy, but finding one hovering around in a dark corridor is gonna be even creepier. Lookin' forward to it!

So is that going to be the official new logo? I know Brady said he was playing around with it, but I'm glad he's been sticking with the warm colors and cool patterns for it. The new UI looks really good too!

The backgrounds look completely 3d rendered so i was wondering will the camera be able to tilt and yaw and not just pan up and down? kinda like how the pause camera works in smash bros. Kinda would like to take snap shots like in smash with this game.

If you want the characters to look like the food in smash then yes.

also will there be an option to toggle the meters and stuff on and off as you fight? select button maybe? Nice feature to have if you just want to look at the art as you fight.

I'd call this dumb if Xenosaga didn't have it.

Reactions: Squire Grooktook
If you want the characters to look like the food in smash then yes.

disgaea d2 and final fantasy tactics war of the lions did this kinda and they turned out alright. they rotate the camera 360 degrees though. I'd just want maybe 60 degrees of rotation.

Looking at the "B1-B4" under the characters, can we hope that the corresponding buttons will update on the HUD if we change the controls? Would be rather usefull for keyboard players.

Reactions: Kit Ballard
I'm loving the updates. While I know the environment ones are still being polished, but as they are, Ajna kinda stands out too much.. you can see the stark difference between her and the stage area. I'm sure that'll get ballanced out when it's worked on more.

also neat Idea on how to heal after a fight. Burn all the Iddhi for a quick sweep, or save it and get health back..

Reactions: Aden
Is movement always on a line or will there be sections were the camera pans around?
top_view.png

Reactions: Cheesedragon
I'm a slight bit worried regarding the method of blocking, but only because I use a keyboard and tend to have issues with... I think it's called ghosting. I fear being unable to block with everyone at once without having to use an abstract/uncomfortable control scheme simply because my keyboard will not accept too many specific keys being pressed at once.

I'm a slight bit worried regarding the method of blocking, but only because I use a keyboard and tend to have issues with... I think it's called ghosting. I fear being unable to block with everyone at once without having to use an abstract/uncomfortable control scheme simply because my keyboard will not accept too many specific keys being pressed at once.
It is an issue, yes. Can we get a macro for it, maybe?

Ajna kinda stands out too much.. you can see the stark difference between her and the stage area. I'm sure that'll get ballanced out when it's worked on more.
That's good. It's always better to have a character standing out rather than one blending too much in the BG.

also neat Idea on how to heal after a fight. Burn all the Iddhi for a quick sweep, or save it and get health back..
Hold on, people talked about some Megaman game that had a healing mechanic like that.