• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Indivisible: Lab Zero's Action-RPG! (General Discussion)

The souls and RNG could be annoying to some, but as a long standing friend, I honestly prefer chip sacrifice. Mostly because 6 just let you switch on the fly to noticably more powerful forms with little restriction. 6 is great and all but because of the lack of limitations, its just so easy to wreck everyone.

Reactions: Dio Brando
I'm a fan of palette swaps. Not overdone, but just enough. Seeing that goofy dinosaur you pounded on in the early game come back in the secret boss room as a blood red killing machine dealing a dangerous amount of damage with vicious and unrelenting attacks is just a special kind of feeling.

The only thing I'm not a fan of is lazy swaps, where I can tell the devs just went "Okay, it's just blue now, but it shows up later again... but red". Just make the palettes good like the SG palettes (imo some of the best palettes in any fighting game) and I'll be quite happy with it.

One RPG that had Palette swaps that I remember and enjoyed was DBZ: Attack of the Saiyans.
http://spritedatabase.net/files/ds/1660/Sprite/DBZ_Enem1.png
http://spritedatabase.net/files/ds/1660/Sprite/DBZ_Enem2.png
http://spritedatabase.net/files/ds/1660/Sprite/DBZ_Enem3.png
http://spritedatabase.net/files/ds/1660/Sprite/DBZ_Enem4.png

Last edited:
Reactions: BallotBoxer
Just make the palettes good like the SG palettes (imo some of the best palettes in any fighting game) and I'll be quite happy with it.
They can palettize lines in sprites now so at least techically Indi's palettes are already better. Plus they can use palette tricks like Parasoul's glasses and Beowulf's beard to differentiate enemies even more.
It'll give more leeway to them. Like stronger monster having some patterns or insignias on them going on would signal that they are stronger then plane ones, etc.

That reminds me - we need to be sure to get some floating fish monsters into Indivisible, because you're not really playing a JRPG if it doesn't have them.

Sounds annoying to try and maneuver around!

... do it.

Prototype has been submitted to Humble Bundle for addition to Skullgirls backer's pages!

I can't promise I'll be awake by the time it goes live, so... yeah. If that's the case, try checking around 10 AM PT and then every hour after that.

Very excited and more than a bit anxious to see people's reaction to the prototype, though.

Go to bed ya bums.

Just in case you were also talking to me, 2PM is hardly a proper time to go to bed. :P

It's fine, 2PM is scientifically proven to be a better time to go to bed then 1PM.

I wonder if some known letsplayers will make a video out of it.

Beowulf's beard to differentiate enemies even more.
It'll give more leeway to them. Like stronger monster having some patterns or insignias on them going on would signal that they are stronger then plane ones, etc

Come on, secret boss fight "Evil Ajna Palette with a Beard!" You know what, inverted colors and beards for everyone! Even the characters that have beards- now their beards get beards, too!

More seriously, I always liked the idea of different enemy palettes per region. Makes it feel like "the same species, but with semi-realistic regional adaptations. Fire Pugs in the lava caves, Ice Pugs in the snowy mountains, etc, etc."

That reminds me - we need to be sure to get some floating fish monsters into Indivisible, because you're not really playing a JRPG if it doesn't have them.

make it blue and yellow with super duper kawaii eyes and name it minette. Ajna will never see it coming.

I would rather see new enemies in new areas rather than color palette changes. Fresh enemies can only make turn active time battles more exciting, rather than being like "oh, I've seen that guy 100 times before. But now he's powered up and green!"

Of course I read that, how else would I know the word "turn" would make someone throw a hissy fit?

Color Palettes are a given, they tell you that you reached a new line of dificulty, and as someone said, they make you use previous knowledge to defeat them, what would be the dopest of dope is if said palette swaped enemy is given a new attack with a new animation, would make up for both that want something new and to those who are used to the classic palette swapped enemies.

Nothing says more "you're f*ckd" than a Black Dodo that can 1 shot your planet busting saiyans and super humans (Dragon Ball Z: Attack Of The Saiyans, believe it or not a pretty decent RPG for the DS)

eh, remember, a lot of 'palette swap' enemies in RPGs tend to have SOME change made to them. Granted this was easier in older RPGs due to static images and newer RPGs due to altering a single base, but if they do reuse enemies, I expect something or other will be new about them for the stronger variants.

WE FORGOT TO MENTION A THING IN THE README SO PLEASE WHEN IT COMES OUT SPREAD THE WORD!
If it does not run for you and there's no error message, especially on Windows 8 or Windows 10, please install the Direct X 9 Runtimes from here:
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8109
Win 8 and Win 10 do not ship with DX9 anymore, they moved on to later versions as the base. Some installations of other versions of Windows may not have it either.
Steam generally gives it to you on a per-game basis, but this isn't being done through Steam. :^)

I would rather see new enemies in new areas rather than color palette changes.
I think even the developers would "prefer" new enemies? If it's the Ice Turtle and the Fire Turtle, drawing little icicles and flames is desirable. But the choice is not often "Should we do new art or not?" it's usually "Should we skip doing new enemy art, or skip doing a new area entirely?" because there is not the time/money available for new everything.

Reactions: dead
I like seeing palette swaps of monsters only if the monster is somewhat iconic in nature. Like different coloured slimes or the porings in Ragnarok or more recently the toads in Ori and the Blind Forest. It's like a green frog is poisonous and a red frog shoots fireballs. Of course all monsters as palette swaps would be a bad idea.

Last edited:
thanks for sharing the info about DX9. I haven't installed much on here so I'm sure it'd be missing

Am I missing something? I used the link provided to me for the humble bundle page for the IGG digital rewards, but I don't see anything about Indivisible.

It's out!

Am I missing something? I used the link provided to me for the humble bundle page for the IGG digital rewards, but I don't see anything about Indivisible.

For me it's showing up beneath all of the Steam codes - should be a little Roti there and everything.

Reactions: KaboomKid
It's out!

For me it's showing up beneath all of the Steam codes - should be a little Roti there and everything.
I see it!

Below is just the OST. Nothing else.

Last edited:
If you have the OST, it should show up down there. Mine's not there yet, but that's where a reference photo that was shown to me was at.