• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Indivisible: Lab Zero's Action-RPG! (General Discussion)

"it hurts to imagine destiny" i sympathize completely weatherbee (i think is the other guy talking?)
Yes, also man LET A PERSON PREPARE FOR MATH MY BRAIN IS OFF AT THESE FUNCTIONS. There was literally like, a Windows boot up sequence going off in my head when I was prompted D: . Also hoooooly shit I didn't know the numbers behind Destiny and having played it just... christ.

@Mike_Z What are these other companies spending all that money on?

So, I decided to have some fun with the Tungar's super, including a possible camera bug with his lvel 3.

Possible Minor Camera Bug, 10-17 Version:

Playing around with making enemies fly:

Bonus gif: Killing the boss with Razmi's glare:

@Mike_Z What are these other companies spending all that money on?
Quite honestly? I have no idea. I do think a decent amount of it would qualify as "wasted" if you looked closely - $250k getting you Ryu's hand, or whatever that quotation about SF4 was during the Skullgirls campaign. BUT, industry-competitive salaries for employees certainly happen, there is also licensing if you are working on a licensed property...and marketing is NOT cheap. I remember SWBFII had like $10m in marketing? Maybe more. Also there are legitimate things like office space not being super cheap, I vaguely recall Pandemic's air conditioning costing either $100 or $500/hr because it was an entire floor of a skyscraper, so I can't even guess what the RENT was.

You can, however, do the same math I did about the cost of employing people! That's a huge chunk.
The Destiny credits are gigantic:
https://www.bungie.net/en-US/Destiny/Credits
If that's like a thousand people (it's up there!), at poverty level that's $20k * 1k = $20 million a year to employ people. Even if it's 500 people, they are being paid much more than poverty level, so $20m is probably a low estimate...multiply that by a couple of years, and you have loadsamoney.

I can't imagine spending $40m on a game I make, though, let alone $100m. Or having that many people involved. It just seems insane.

[edit] The reason I knew about Destiny at all was because they made a big deal out of how expensive it was, as a sort of badge of honor.

Last edited:
Also I would imagine that games like FFVII still probably had more content than Indi's going to have. Also production probably was less cost effective back then. Not to mention cinematic cutscenes and all that jazz.

Is there some way this can get redone? Possibly including @Mike_Z himself with points made more clear and presentable and not over skullgirls gameplay with mike interrupting himself over cool plays? This is good info and should probably go up on labzero twitter or something or shared as heavily as possible elsewhere if not, but it doesn't seem very concise as is.

I hope to make this happen.

Obviously, slapping Halo aesthetics in a borderlands clone didn't quite made the buzz they intended to make.

Destiny plays nothing like Borderlands, and Destiny: The Taken King sold outrageously well. Best selling dlc in PlayStation history, I think it was? Sounds like plenty of buzz to me.

Finally finished my "Speed" painting.
That's impressive, nice work.

Dang it still want to donate but for some reason it rejects my Debit Card. xP

Dang it still want to donate but for some reason it rejects my Debit Card. xP
are you sure you don't have a previous Pay Pal account tied to the card? that might be the problem

@Mike_Z
In b4 JuJu

Edit cus i want all that Money! #Kappa

Never said this!

Last edited:
Maaaybe wait until the game is funded before suggesting massive game spanning secret boss / incarnations :P

Oh come on don't be like that. I'm all giddy about the game. :-P

That or donate $10k and make that your incarnation, and another $5k to make the boss side.

As I understand it, $20K gets you a boss, an incarnation, and a secret room, so you can make your own secret kitty dungeon. $22.5K if you're really ambitious and want to leave the "go out to dinner" tier to someone else. Though I doubt the wisdom of setting up a fundraiser to contribute to another fundraiser. Just don't go too high- in the grim, dark rewards of the tier for $40K, there is only war.

[EDIT] Removed some content because I thought I was on a different thread, sorry.

well @gluemchen you did get to the secret boss aye? Well the idea sounds cute. You get 9 kitties, and then they all merge together in Ajna's Spirit Realm and then it's the secret boss fight all over again! Then he can join the group, up attack would be his "Purr-ifying Flame", Standard Attack would his Swipe, and his down Attack would be this cute little boop that he does on the enemy, he just runs up and bumps into them does the iconic look around and then scuddles back.

But then again we gotta give Mike Money. Like all of the money.

Who wants to do PayDay IRL Edition?

Reactions: gluemchen
well @gluemchen you did get to the secret boss aye? Well the idea sounds cute. You get 9 kitties, and then they all merge together in Ajna's Spirit Realm and then it's the secret boss fight all over again! Then he can join the group, up attack would be his "Purr-ifying Flame", Standard Attack would his Swipe, and his down Attack would be this cute little boop that he does on the enemy, he just runs up and bumps into them does the iconic look around and then scuddles back.

But then again we gotta give Mike Money. Like all of the money.

Who wants to do PayDay IRL Edition?
I don't see Indiegogo accepting money from heists, and laundering that much would take way too long. I wonder how much kidneys are going for now a days...

@gluemchen
CatZ is the one with the hideous face...thanks Domo. The regular one, I just call scribble cat. Also way to be no-spoilers.

About the rest of it...the more things are suggested publicly, the LESS we can use them, even if we had the same idea already.
ALWAYS remember Juju!
If you want things in the game, there exist IGG tiers whereby you can put those things in the game. :^)

@Mike_Z
i know you don't like to hear to suggestions, but please hear me out. BestFriends mentioned having CatZ as a incarnation would be cool. So why not make getting this incarnation a super hard thing to get. Like having to find 9 different cats that are all the same cat that got reincarnated 9 times. You can get clues to where this cat may have been seen since the last 9 times it died. Like asking your incarnation party members. Find the cat 9 times. Kill each 9 times. CatZ joins the party. But make it so that each time you encounter the cat it has different skills and attacks. Once you kill him 9 times and he joins your party make him the only member where you can actually choose skills between all the 9 different cat variants and mix and match these skills into one self customizable CatZ. Too much and overboard?
Why oh why can't i rate dumb?

@gluemchen
CatZ is the one with the hideous face...thanks Domo. The regular one, I just call scribble cat. Also way to be no-spoilers.

About the rest of it...the more things are suggested publicly, the LESS we can use them, even if we had the same idea already.
ALWAYS remember Juju!
If you want things in the game, there exist IGG tiers whereby you can put those things in the game. :^)

I am but a figment of your imagination. Dunno what you are talking about. *whistles*

Suddenly I feel better about not having very good ideas. Speaking of which: It was mentioned on-stream that there could be food items (coffee from blackbookalpha's NPC and "white potion" from Zone-Tan). Could product placement be implemented?

It would have to be setting-appropriate, of course, but if Ajna's sudden fondness of Sriracha can help the game get funded, I at least would be totally okay with it.

Hrrrm. After reading so many comments from Youtube and elsewhere, I noticed this is a conversation I almost always end up seeing:

[BabyGenius]--- "I think game development works like this."
[Person] - "It doesn't work like that."
[BabyGenius]--- "No. You don't understand. It should work like this."
[Person] - "It doesn't."
[PersonTwo] - "Actually, here's how game development works."
[BabyGenius]--- "No. Stop ignoring my points. Everything I'm saying makes sense."
[Person] - "What you're saying makes no sense at all."
[PersonTwo] - "Here's why" -->(examples)
[BabyGenius]--- "No. Maybe if you guys weren't so condescending, you'd understand!"
[Huehue] - "Shill fags SJW Tumblr weeb game"
(Huehue gets +5 Likes)

Oh well. Props to everyone in the trenches for at least trying to hold it down.

[Huehue] - "Shill fags SJW Tumblr weeb game that's just a scam because games only cost $20 to make, I can't wait to pirate this, MikeZ is stealing from you, they should use the money they got from Skullgirls"
Fixed.

Speaking of which: It was mentioned on-stream that there could be food items (coffee from blackbookalpha's NPC and "white potion" from Zone-Tan). Could product placement be implemented?
Cellsai NPC giving out KitKats. Make it happen.

But, if you look at the numbers

I mean, comparing the amounts, timespans, and average yield per user

Right, hope. There has to be hope. There can be only hope.

Converting it into "number of people that need to be reached" actually does make it seem a little more feasible. I, personally, can't reach those kinds of audiences yet, but it seems reasonable that Lab Zero can. Best Friends Play, Jim Sterling, Game Grumps, and Jesse Cox already have. Especially Game Grumps- 448,708 views? On second thought, I'm not sure why more of those haven't bought.

"white potion" from Zone-Tan

Really?

REALLY?

come on man

Really, I'm pretty sure that's from one of Mike's streams with Rodney. It was in the chat.

i know... but like come on. Indivisible is trying to be a little more mature than SkullGirls is. SG's bombastic and controlled beautiful chaos and Indivisible (imo) is going to be more down to Earth that deals with the mind and an adventure of a young 16 year old girl trying to save the world.

Having something like would just give the meme machines something to attach to. Come on you've got Miss Fortune for that kind of stuff.

i know... but like come on. Indivisible is trying to be a little more mature than SkullGirls is. SG's bombastic and controlled beautiful chaos and Indivisible (imo) is going to be more down to Earth that deals with the mind and an adventure of a young 16 year old girl trying to save the world.

Having something like would just give the meme machines something to attach to. Come on you've got Miss Fortune for that kind of stuff.

Maybe it's just good, honest milk? Everybody drinks milk. Good for strong bones. And that way it can still have a bit of a rivalry with blackbookalpha's coffee.