• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Indivisible: Lab Zero's Action-RPG! (General Discussion)

She's out yo, love her colors, she reminds me of Xena.

View attachment 12079

"Phoebe is a warrior and protector of her village. Her strength is unmatched - she can fire full-length spears from her massive bow, and has fended off multiple attempts by the Iron Kingdom's forces to overtake her home. She is a proud mother of three, raising them alongside her warrior husband before he lost his life on the battlefield.

In meeting Ajna, Phoebefinds that she must make a difficult choice: stay behind to protect her village, or leave it behind to fight a much greater threat, possibly never to return."

cheeky edit: I totally called the firing spears with her super strength.

tumblr_inline_nwagro2FtY1rwq84n_500.gif

so is she missing a breast or something

I believe she only has armor on her right side because that's where her bow rests? If she were to fire a quick shot, the arm bringing out the arrow/spear would need to move faster since the bow stays fairly stationary. The armor would simply slow her down on that side.

Could be wrong... and I was.

HELL YEAH! An amazon without their right breast as they should be! Really loving that design!
To those who don't know about amazons:
"They have no right breasts...for while they are yet babies their mothers make red-hot a bronze instrument constructed for this very purpose and apply it to the right breast and cauterize it, so that its growth is arrested, and all its strength and bulk are diverted to the right shoulder and right arm."

Last edited:
Phoebe is such a cute name for buff amazmum. Liking her colour palette too.

Its gonna be cool to see how characters like Vasco and Phoebe interact with incarnations from the Iron Kingdom.

Phoebe is such a cute name for buff amazmum. Liking her colour palette too.

Its gonna be cool to see how characters like Vasco and Phoebe interact with incarnations from the Iron Kingdom.
I wonder if the game will have a social link or support conversation mechanic?

Actually, I'm wondering if it's going to be possible to have a "full party", by that, of course I mean recruiting every single character in the game on your first playthrough, however, what if you need to leave some people behind in order to recruit certain characters? In this case, if you want to recruit Phoebe, you need to leave behind anyone from the Iron Kingdom, but at least you'll have a powerhouse-type character, or you can go for multiple, weaker characters who can attack faster than the Amazon.

I wonder if the game will have a social link or support conversation mechanic?
I think I heard something about unlocking your companions' full potential by doing their quests. Sounds to me like loyalty missions from Mass Effect (which I haven't played) or companion quests from Fallout: New Vegas (which I have). So, for Vasco we might have to find all the parts for a special gun mod, whereas for Phoebe we'd need to find weapons her children can use to defend her village in her stead.

what if you need to leave some people behind in order to recruit certain characters?
Given that Incarnations aren't voluntary (Hi, Dhar!), I'm guessing not. If anything, getting your disparate Incarnations to get along would probably be a quest line. (For instance, "Kill X boss that only appears if you have Y party.")

So
we're not gonna talk about the fact that she fires spears
like, giant-ass spears, as if they were arrows?

Nah? Just, gonna keep on with the thirst thing, o-okay.

I think after the thirst settles people might talk about the other aspects but then we already mentioned the amazonian details previously.

The spears as arrows things is pretty badass though, Zebei has got some competition in the archery department.

So
we're not gonna talk about the fact that she fires spears
like, giant-ass spears, as if they were arrows?

Nah? Just, gonna keep on with the thirst thing, o-okay.
They're not spears, they're Amazon Arrows. Big Difference :PUJNA:

At this point in the campaign including the initial team of four we have already amassed half of the cast of the game so far barring if lab zero adds more if they holding some secrets and potential backers pledging enough in certain tiers.

Lab Zero are really showing they did their homework, though, it really looks like she doesn't have her right breast, just like the legendary amazon warriors. I'm looking forward to Aztec Soccer dude, who surely has hips of steel.

Ok, so, I'm not saying that she does have her right breast, but her breast armor is convex, which would only be done if there were a breast there. I have no idea is this is a stylistic decision or not, it's just an observation. I'm sure one of LZ could clarify.

Yeah, we need somebody from L0 to clarify, but even if she actually has her chest intact, the plate seems to be a nod to the original amazons. Aztec dude is either going to wield a macuahuitl (Aztec "sword") or crush enemies with hip swings.

Yeah, we need somebody from L0 to clarify, but even if she actually has her chest intact, the plate seems to be a nod to the original amazons. Aztec dude is either going to wield a macuahuitl (Aztec "sword") or crush enemies with hip swings.
How about like Wakka, throwing the sports ball at enemies?

Obviously, the Amazon comparison falls apart somewhat solely on the basis of her having a family with an actual husband, and not just a sex slave or once-yearly lover from a neighboring tribe. Still, they could be taking any number of influences from Amazons, up to and including the breast thing.

She's awesome, I love the design(strong, maternal, and that love-of-adventure-smirk). About the right breast...uh...didn't they discount the whole breast removal thing ages ago? I don't think that ever really was a thing, but was touted as being part of the lore.

Oh my god she is a milf too, my favorite

She is really cool, though idk if it's just the way her legs look, but she looks short :P

do consider that she's holding a full-length spear and not an arrow

She's awesome, I love the design(strong, maternal, and that love-of-adventure-smirk). About the right breast...uh...didn't they discount the whole breast removal thing ages ago? I don't think that ever really was a thing, but was touted as being part of the lore.
I mean, we don't even really know where the Amazons lived, for sure, so legends like breast removal have pretty much always been unverifiable. For the purpose of fantasy characters, though, it's enough that it's associated with them.

Is Aztec dude just a combination of mexican prehispanic cultures right=

Considering that this stage:
oheqzqonwteenk9uwi4b.jpg

Looks like Mexico-Tenochtitlan:
tenochtitlan-76880.jpg

I'd say yes, but I'm hoping for a more Mayincatec approach. It would be nice to also see a stage based on Machu Picchu.

Phoebe is such a cute name for buff amazmum.
Phoebe -> Phobos

Little fun fact, the amazons patron god was Ares, the god of war.

And since Ares was the little bitch of the Greek Pantheon, that also explains why there isn't a single tale of the amazons winning a fight in classic mythology.

That nose bridge scar is the cutest thing about her.

Also I saw her name and my brain instantly went to this.

SMT's interpretation of Mara is completely valid.

Her appearance is tempting sin through lust, wrath and greed.

Is Aztec dude just a combination of mexican prehispanic cultures right=

Hopefully he's not the kind of guy to sacrifice babies and pierce his tongue and other stuff with barbs cause that wouldn't be very cool. Or it could be really cool, maybe just not as a good guy.

I dont think she is breast-less.

Some amazons cover the "archer breast" with armor to not be hurt by the arch cord. Some others prefer cut of the breast to better shoot.

But even male archers can protect the area because the arch cord. Zebei has all the arch side armored, the chest includes.

Is strange Phoebe uses an convex armor if she not have a breast to protect. She will prefer a more plain armor if she is breast-less; she is a warrior woman and will not use a "aesthetic substitute", at last not in battle.

:PUJNA: Plus, mother of three. Phoebe needs her mommaries!

Seriously, though, she looks awesome. I think I'll have a problem of too much badass to put into one party. I like this problem.

Back