• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Indivisible: Lab Zero's Action-RPG! (General Discussion)

Seeing Annie in the Indivisible Artstyle made me want to see other SG characters in the same style.

It is similar enough for people to recognize, and it is different enough to be its own thing, and i love that.

I love everything about Indivisible, i just love you people at labzero.

She ( and the rabbit ) looks less "cartoony", Ind. style has a more "realistic" proportions for all characters.

And how they are working at the colors is helping a lot.

Last edited:
oh hey Render, thanks for doing the voice thingy for the Naga Rider video. Now if it's possible, (and if the game gets funded) can you ask if it's possible to make Naga's real face, your face? Gotta look pretty am i right?

Is it just me, or does Annie look bored? "Geez, these ogres can't even do a proper mixup, go back to training mode you darn dirty apes."

if it's possible, (and if the game gets funded) can you ask if it's possible to make Naga's real face, your face? Gotta look pretty am i right?

None of the platforms Indivisible will be on could handle that. I guess we'll see about Nintendo's new thing, though. ;)

Is it just me, or does Annie look bored? "Geez, these ogres can't even do a proper mixup, go back to training mode you darn dirty apes."
Even Annie's wondering "When's Annie".

rant
Like I said I was NOT talking about Lab Zero and Indivisible. God knows I want you guys to actually get paid for your amazing work.
It was just a random thought about hypotethical person(s) who for whatever reason get their hands on X thousands of dollars and decided to lock themselves in the basement somewhere with startegic supply of cup ramen while spending several years there to create a game. Since in this case they will try and stretch their budget for the longest period possible, I wonder how much can they possibly save by moving from more expensive place to less expensive. But I guess these thoughts are pretty unsubstantial since you have to compare specific place to another specific place. But if those hypothetical guys were living in California, how effective would be for them to move to another place to create their ramen basement there?
All that is completely off-topic actually =/

None of the platforms Indivisible will be on could handle that. I guess we'll see about Nintendo's new thing, though. ;)
I know right the amount of anime sparkles would just make the Z engine slow down to a crawl.

if a company were to ask lab zero to come make games for them would you guys take it ? or is staying independent your plan

Also, since she's a good comparison of how the Indiv style differs a bit from Skullgirls:

(SG Annie vs Indiv Annie comparison image)

Even though she is still 60-70% legs, her proportions are much less cartoony.

Gonna use this in a campaign update. Hope that's okay! :D

if a company were to ask lab zero to come make games for them would you guys take it ? or is staying independent your plan
That highly depends on the company, doesn't it? EA is one thing, Rare* is another.

*y'know, the old Rare.

Indivisible finally has more backers than Skullgirls:
tumblr_nxy3rtVVsq1s9n8m1o2_400.png
tumblr_nxy3rtVVsq1s9n8m1o1_400.png

not only more backers, but higher funds to boot.
Well, that's a bit more obvious. To be honest, at the very beginning of the campaign, when things looked difficult, I kept saying to myself "where are all those 15,860 backers right now?". Today, I'm feeling more confident and my hope has been restored, but we gotta keep spreading the word. We have to convince our friends to play the prototype and hope for the best.

That highly depends on the company, doesn't it? EA is one thing, Rare* is another.

*y'know, the old Rare.
Any progress on finding out who holds rights to Alundra?

Sony, so no dice, console-exclusives are not something we're willing to do.

Semi offtopic question, What did you think of the sequel of Alundra, Alundra 2?, I heard it wasn't that well received compared to the first entry, so i wanted to know what did you think about it.

What did you think of the sequel of Alundra, Alundra 2? I heard it wasn't that well received compared to the first entry.

I'm not Mike, but, from some digging around I did a little while ago, Alundra 2 was pretty much slapped with the Alundra name in a similar fashion as Mario Bros. 2, so that may be why most weren't happy with it.

What is the story with Alundra? Lab zero wanted to do a new one at some point?

Never finished the 1st one, but i really liked what i've seen of the game of far! The second one is known to be a travesty of the first and not a really good one, so it's probably better to ignore it.

Also, since she's a good comparison of how the Indiv style differs a bit from Skullgirls:

View attachment 12331

Even though she is still 60-70% legs, her proportions are much less cartoony.

Still, there's no telling how much her design would have changed if she was voted in. Remember how different Eliza and Beowulf were from the indiegogo sketches?

Also, i was expecting attire fitting the world, or at the very least a badass hood.

What is the story with Alundra? Lab zero wanted to do a new one at some point?

Never finished the 1st one, but i really liked what i've seen of the game of far! The second one is known to be a travesty of the first and not a really good one, so it's probably better to ignore it.
Mike considers Alundra his THE most favorite game, so I guess he actually was serious.

Reactions: Vagplus
I think Mike wanted the Alundra protagonist as a guest Incarnation, but since Sony has the rights and Lab Zero doesn't want to do console-exclusive versions of the game, it's just a dream now. Good thing, though, I never liked the idea of launching two or three different console-exclusive versions of the same game.

Semi offtopic question, What did you think of the sequel of Alundra, Alundra 2?, I heard it wasn't that well received compared to the first entry, so i wanted to know what did you think about it.
Yeah, I've 100%'d Alundra 2 as well.
It's not a sequel in any sense. It's not quite a Mario 2 kind of thing, but they DEFINITELY used the Alundra name to try to get some sales.
The combat is worse, the plot is worse, and it's AWFUL PS1 3D, compared to 2D which still looks AMAZING.
However, it does have a really fun RC car minigame.

the Alundra protagonist
Also known as "Alundra". :^P

And yes, I hella did.

maybe you can still ask, if you haven't. never know. They may let you have the char on all platforms. If they want exclusive only, maybe see if they could let you do it for all platforms anyways, but if not then you can hang the hat on the idea.

maybe you can still ask, if you haven't. never know. They may let you have the char on all platforms. If they want exclusive only, maybe see if they could let you do it for all platforms anyways, but if not then you can hang the hat on the idea.

I HIGHLY doubt Sony will let one of their franchises be on Xbone.

*shrugs* just a thought really. plus the license is from 1997, if I remember the year right when it was posted. They haven't messed with the game for a while and never know, may give em an insentive to revive it.

Possible stretch goal: Lab Zero flat-out buys the license to Alundra from Sony?

What's the pricetag on that would be in your opinion? >_>

With how much it would cost they might as well just start making Skullgirls 2. :P

It's not like sony had any plan for alundra in the future...at worst, it will be a console exclusive permission, just like what yacht club did with shovel knight.

Seeing character like Alundra again would be cool! But if anything, it's even less known than Valkyrie profiles by gamers today! While looking at forgotten Ps1 heroes, next thing we know, Lenneth will be confirmed as the next guest character!

...In both case that would be super cool!

I wonder if Lab Zero is(was?) realistically considering taking some nearly forgotten old property and reviving it in their style (a-la newest KI)? I recall Mike talking about Battle Toads in this context, if I'm not mistaken. If it wasn't a joke, obviously. I wonder if they would regard such a thing as interesting opportunity, or if lisencing hussle and right-owners control are too much of a liability.
It would be cool to just buy an IP, though, but even forgotten ones are probably too expensive.

Last edited:
Reactions: The Dave
If Mike Z gets the rights to Alundra.......
rcgpVMj.gif

Edit: I really really REALLY want to see what an Alundra game would look like in LabZero's art style.

Last edited: