• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Indivisible: Lab Zero's Action-RPG! (General Discussion)

Note for the newcomers: have a good look at Mike's Black Book of Stupid Shit taken directly from Skullheart. That's a good example of shit not to say to him.

Also take a look at DDB's chapter because most probably you're in for a long ride.

Note for the newcomers: have a good look at Mike's Black Book of Stupid Shit taken directly from Skullheart. That's a good example of shit not to say to him.
You mean the people we're hiring? THEY'RE not gonna say anything found on Skullheart!
That's why we're hiring them. :^)

Also take a look at DDB's chapter because most probably you're in for a long ride.
The DDB section is only two words long. :^P

That book really shouldn't remain public, because you could probably use it to construct some sort of killing sentence the would make one of Mike's temporal arteries explode from frustration.

It ends with "can feel it". That is known.

AuRIVPC.png

So I'm not the only one who tried to look this up.

Any word on when 505 will send out those games they added to the campaign? A friend of mine just recommended Brothers, so I figured I'd ask.
I thought everything would be sent at once when the game is released in 2018. At least that's what the estimated delivery says.

I thought everything would be sent at once when the game is released in 2018. At least that's what the estimated delivery says.
Hopefully that won't be the case for the steam games as those are way more likely to be played by us when we DON'T have Indivisible.

Reactions: The Dave
Anime studio soon

Take comfort in the knowledge that it will happen. The only question is: "when".

Last edited:
You go have your shiny prizes
me?
89U99Jx.png

So while we wait for the next campaign update, anyone else find it funny that now there's a Vanillaware-esque indie game announced for each of Indivisible's major inspirations?

-For "Southeast Asian Inspired Metroidvania" we got Boma Naraka Sura
-and for "More Active Valkyrie Profile Inspired Battles" we get Fallen Legion
We've talked about Boma here before, but any thoughts on Fallen Legion? I saw it mentioned in the recent Zeboyd update for CSH, so apparently it was playable at PS Experience. So far it looks entirely combat focused, and with the way Actions seem to work (bar refill during combo & enemy attacks during combo), the gameplay resembles more of a simplified Brawler. I think their spin on VP looks a bit messier in action than Indivisible's, but I'd be curious to try it out if it wasn't a PS4 exclusive.

Looking at the Boma demo again, it really bugs me that her feet are moving faster than the sound effects of her steps. They should slow it down a bit.

I know some of this stuff might turn out to be good, but it's an incredible coincidence that all those VP inspired games all popped out after Lab Zero said Indiv was inspired by VP.

Again they might turn out okay but WHEW THAT'S JUST TOTALLY NOT AN INTENDED COINCIDENCE.

In a way it bugs me, but just for the VP aspect of things. Like we didn't get more shit from SG's curse. Boma looks interesting though

Looking at the Boma demo again, it really bugs me that her feet are moving faster than the sound effects of her steps. They should slow it down a bit.
I actually like the speed that the character moves at, so I'd say speed up the SFX to match her running speed, rather than the other way around.

Speaking of the sound though, the music and sound design are both....ehhh. I mean, the music for those caves is only a 1 bar loop! As an aspiring musician/composer, this is kind of a kick in the ass for me... I know I can make better music than what's on display here, but I don't have a website, or any real demos, and haven't really tried to put myself "out there" because I haven't felt like I was at a professional level worthy of doing so... Maybe I need to start doing more of that. Looking at the website they linked in the video though, I get the feeling they hired these people for the sole purpose that they're based in Indonesia (and they feel that this somehow adds authenticity to the music, or something). I hope that's not the case...

Ugh, sorry for the rant. And no hate towards the people who are actually making the music and sounds for this game, just frustrated with myself I guess... Trying to do artistic things for a living is hard, stressful (sometimes soul crushing) work. The rewards are worth the effort though, even if I've only caught glimpses of them....

That being said, I'm super hyped about Indivisible's music! I've been wanting to do something fan-art related with it... maybe I'll whip up a SNES version of the boss theme for the hell of it. I've been messing around a lot with SNES soundfonts lately.

So while we wait for the next campaign update, anyone else find it funny that now there's a Vanillaware-esque indie game announced for each of Indivisible's major inspirations?

-For "Southeast Asian Inspired Metroidvania" we got Boma Naraka Sura

I dont remember if Boma are announced after Indivisible are annouced with the complete type (Southeast Asian Inspired Metroidvania)

I know some of this stuff might turn out to be good, but it's an incredible coincidence that all those VP inspired games all popped out after Lab Zero said Indiv was inspired by VP.

Again they might turn out okay but WHEW THAT'S JUST TOTALLY NOT AN INTENDED COINCIDENCE.

In a way it bugs me, but just for the VP aspect of things. Like we didn't get more shit from SG's curse. Boma looks interesting though
It probably is, they look like they've been in development long enough to have started before Indivisible was publicly shown.

maybe I'll whip up a SNES version of the boss theme for the hell of it. I've been messing around a lot with SNES soundfonts lately.
That'd be pretty epic to hear.

Speaking of the sound though, the music and sound design are both....ehhh. I mean, the music for those caves is only a 1 bar loop! As an aspiring musician/composer, this is kind of a kick in the ass for me...
Hey man, cut the musician some slack. With their budget, he's probably only making around $0.10 an hour. I still have no idea how they're making those numbers work, but if they manage to release something finished by the end of it all, I guess they'll have done better than a lot of other projects.

I dont remember if Boma are announced after Indivisible are annouced with the complete type (Southeast Asian Inspired Metroidvania)
Actually, I remember Boma's KS began literally the day after the original Indivisible announcement. As for the gameplay inspirations, here are exerpts from the campaign page:
Boma Naraka Sura is a game adapted from an infamous legend recorded in ancient Southeast Asian scriptures about a being called Bomasura. In many versions of traditional storytelling, Boma is depicted as a vicious villain.

...Boma Naraka Sura was inspired by the 2D animation and RPG elements of the globally-acknowledged Castlevania series. The developer adds interesting mechanics and features to enrich the gaming experience. Similar to other action platforms, I will go through levels, defeating monsters as well as bosses. I will also be able to upgrade my weapon and skill levels as the journey to collect my memory fragments. I will explore deep within levels, find secret treasures and passages, and discover unique special abilities along the way!
When they mention Castlevania+RPG elements, you know they're most likely talking about SOTN/post-SOTN. The exploration looks fairly linear based on their current level designs though, so in the end, those aspects might play out more like Blaster Master/Shantae. Did they ever release another demo?

Btw, I don't think the development of these games has any direct connection to Indivisible at all. I just think it's a set of really interesting coincidences. With Exist Archive coming too, it definitely shows that Lab Zero picked the right time to push their campaign. There are gonna be a lot more people interested in VP, and maybe SEA mythos, by this time next year.

Like we didn't get more shit from SG's curse.

Stop! Mentioning or otherwise believing in the curse perpetuates the curse! Let's turn it in to a blessing. It's a blessing that both this and SG got funded. And it's a bigger blessing that SG overcame the adversity it faced. I'm tired of people mentioning a curse.

Don't take it too seriously, though. I'm sure people mention it in a manner of 'Oh, those shenanigans!' Because you have to admit the amount of wtf occurances was pretty high!

Reactions: Kit Ballard
1.89M getting closer and closer each day

Reactions: KaboomKid
Yeah, we're in the 4 digit range now.

Hey man, cut the musician some slack. With their budget, he's probably only making around $0.10 an hour. I still have no idea how they're making those numbers work, but if they manage to release something finished by the end of it all, I guess they'll have done better than a lot of other projects..
Went back to check the KS and yeah, it's likely that they aren't getting paid a whole lot =/ My gut reaction to musical stuff like this tends to be overly-critical (or snobbish...), especially when I'm feeling bitter =P In the end, the developer has given all of the music available a thumbs up, so maybe they wanted something super short like that... Or maybe it's still a work in progress, I dunno. I'm assuming this game won't be out for a while yet, so who knows.

That being said...
As a side note, from what I know game composers usually charge based on how much music you want, not how many hours they spend on it (unless you're an "in house" composer for a larger company, then things are different). So if the music budget was $500, that might mean 5min of music total (or less/more, depending of the composer's rate), not "write as much as you can in 5 hours" or something.

In case you missed it, in the EU PS.Blog post we announced that we'd release a free Indivisible PS4 theme if we got funded.

Well, we got funded, and we've signed the fantastic Truant Pixel Digital Design & Consulting to create the theme for us!

In addition to a lovely 3D scene from the playable prototype we released on PS4 and PC, we're aiming to have the characters running around in some capacity, a full icon conversion, sounds, and of course some lovely music from Hiroki Kikuta.

Just our way of saying thanks for your wonderful support!

Between Second Encore's amazing theme and the new FF7 one that plays Aerith's theme over Midgar, either Sony has to allow for Theme Rotation like the 3DS or the Indivisible theme has to be SO GOOD it totally BEATS THE OTHER TWO THE FRICK OUT

The latter is, sadly, more likely.