• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Indivisible: Lab Zero's Action-RPG! (General Discussion)

I don't think I'll do a video on the currently-on-going stream because like, I don't think many people are interested in "Point Lights". I mean I'm not and while it's interesting, it's a little too heavy.
Thanks for posting these vids dude.
Actually, I was just watching some of the archive from today, and in the first hour or so, Rob does a pretty nice narrated visual breakdown of how the scenes are rendered in the engine. It might be more relevant for some folks after Labzero's locked down the final look of the backgrounds, but I still think it's a pretty cool sample of how much the game is changing.
Think I will go ahead and toss a few bucks their way. Might as well since I was planning on getting the game as soon as it came out. And this way I get some awesome stuff too. =)
Hey, props to you man! You'll be helping us hit that VO goal!

Actually, I was just watching some of the archive from today, and in the first hour or so, Rob does a pretty nice narrated visual breakdown of how the scenes are rendered in the engine. It might be more relevant for some folks after Labzero's locked down the final look of the backgrounds, but I still think it's a pretty cool sample of how much the game is changing.

Righto - I gave it a watch and you're right, it was kinda cool! I uploaded it as a highlight for people to watch here:

Reactions: Tank and KaboomKid
It only now occurred to me that Tungar is probably a Kusarigama upgrade. Hm.

all I want from the Kusarigama

whip3.png

super_metroid_2.gif

give me that wonderful movement arc

I want more of the clean up streams. Look'n at you richard.

I want more of the clean up streams. Look'n at you richard.
I think they're still in pre-production. Not a lot of point in cleaning anything up yet. Pretty much nothing's finalized.

"Change of plans, everyone. Thorani's the final boss, and you exclusively play as Rodney. Also, it's a first-person shooter now."

I won't be totally happy until I know the swinging/grappling (assuming it is actually a feature, which I currently am) functions/feels better than in Super Metroid and Axiom Verge (which were both not so great). I know Mike's already mentioned his opinions on SM's grappling though (and he's good at stuff), so I'm not really concerned about it.

I won't be totally happy until I know the swinging/grappling (assuming it is actually a feature, which I currently am) functions/feels better than in Super Metroid and Axiom Verge (which were both not so great). I know Mike's already mentioned his opinions on SM's grappling though (and he's good at stuff), so I'm not really concerned about it.
OH MAN I HAVE THIS IDEA...!
::ahem::
I mean, you know, assuming we're doing that sort of thing.

Pretty ninja boi Ren would make more sense IMO.
He makes more sense for giving it to you in a first place, while Tungar could be a secondary upgrade. Since IIRC there should be multiple incarnations assigned to each weapon. Although this can't be true if you meet Tungar much earlier than Rei.

Watching weapons with chains reminds me of that one bad thing on HD graphics: you can't just put a bunch of ring/circumference sprites with relative positioning and call it a chain (add an extra pair of circles on one of the extremities and you get a worm monster)

Worked on Snes and mega drive... Some of these workarounds kinda had some charm.

Yeah, I loved me some ring chains and circle worms too.

A lot hi-res sprites these days are made through modulation anyway though, so a simple chain pattern following vectors should look fine in HD. Right now Ajna's chain in the concept images is drawn as a lightly textured line, so if they stick with that approach it'll look good. Maybe she'll whip it around Umihara Kawase style!

please do not suggest stuff here. We have a thread all by itself for suggestions and other fan ideas. [Maybe Mike was planning on the grapple idea who knows, but he's kinda particular on not doing something when people suggest stuff like that even more so if he was planning on doing it in the first place.]

I'm surprised nobody's abused that by "suggesting" features they don't want.

Um, I mean, Ajna totally needs a cart-racing minigame, right guys? :P

Thats for Lab Zero Kart, with Ajna, Filia and Mike Z.

Kart racing? Nah...

but maybe, JUST MAYBE some side activities or a mini game could benefit the game.

Of course, anything extra means more sprites, more programming, more money, etc...

more money, etc...
Inb4 "watch advertisements and take surveys to send extra money to Lab Zero" minigame.

maybe, JUST MAYBE some side activities or a mini game could benefit the game.
I disagree that this kinda junk benefits the game in any real way, even ignoring that it would be spending work on something that's not the main game part.

I did something like that WAAAAY back in the thread. Can't remember exactly what for, but it was jokingly and kind of stupid.

I disagree that this kinda junk benefits the game in any real way, even ignoring that it would be spending work on something that's not the main game part.
You didn't like any of the side stuff in Chrono Trigger? Not even for one-off fun moments?
Chrono_Trigger_Johnny_sprite.png
I think I actually do remember feeling slightly annoyed by this bit, but I feel like it was worth the change of pace it brought.

It could be an excuse to make that versus puzzle game I remember you said you wanted to do someday. And that's something I'd really love to see your take on.

It could be an excuse to make that versus puzzle game I remember you said you wanted to do someday. And that's something I'd really love to see your take on.
I'd rather they just make the puzzle game as its own thing, especially considering its multiplayer nature.

but what if the side thing is so good it becomes better than the game itself

basically

Roti Gardens for Indivisible. Like Chao Gardens, but Roti.

Please don´t.....a spent countless hours make all type of Chaos on SA2 lmao

So... there isn't going to be a Golden Saucer like quest in the game, where you can actually flirt with some of your party members, is it? A'ight.

So... there isn't going to be a Golden Saucer like quest in the game, where you can actually flirt with some of your party members, is it? A'ight.
At this point, nothing's really set in stone, so answers have varied between "lol nope" and "maaaaaaaybe." I don't think they've said anything about how dialog and quests work at all.

Also, given the Incarnation mechanic, I at least would find being flirted with by somebody who has trapped me in her spiritual headspace extremely creepy. Just sayin'.

no no no no... some people will join Ajna willing. Like i think very few incarnations will actually be trapped by her. so it's not all creepy... right? i mean heck she's only 16, who is she really going to try to flirt with?

no no no no... some people will join Ajna willing. Like i think very few incarnations will actually be trapped by her. so it's not all creepy... right? i mean heck she's only 16, who is she really going to try to flirt with?
An androgynous child from a still more or less popular RPG flirted with an anthropomorphic goat that could be old enough to be their mother, at least in human years. Seriously though, I was just reminded of the Golden Saucer mini-quest in FF VII and I simply had to mention it. I'm sure they'll implement side quests, but for now, they seem to be focused on the main story.

i mean heck she's only 16, who is she really going to try to flirt with?
She is 16 in a time when 16 is old

Reactions: Not-So-Saint
She is 16 in a time when 16 is old
you don't know that... People could be living just as long as we do now in the game. Ajna's dad looked pretty old, somewhere around 50 maybe early 60. so... no. :I

I was more saying she's old enough to flirt with anyone in this Industrial revolution like time. Think 12 was the legal marrying age of the US at the time and the US usually has older age requirements than most other places.

what ever...

I'm going to throw my body into an uncomfortable position and consider it sleep.

[At this point I'm just waiting for the beta]

Geometry Wars comes to mind.
And then after the prototype minigame becomes a hit, you spin it off into its own standalone version.

please do not suggest stuff here. We have a thread all by itself for suggestions and other fan ideas. [Maybe Mike was planning on the grapple idea who knows, but he's kinda particular on not doing something when people suggest stuff like that even more so if he was planning on doing it in the first place.]
Sorry I was just curious if Ajna would use her chain weapon to grapple enemies like Kratos from the God of War series since we were curious if she could swing around like Drake from uncharted 4