• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Indivisible PROTOTYPE Speedrunning & Secrets Discussion

I tried really hard but even if the boss uses a lot of weak attacks it can still outpace your heals. Especially because you become zetta slow after using one of them.
Even if it was possible to get there solo with three actions I think Ajna wouldn't be able to survive the summoning phases.

Reactions: Radnar and Aden
So what you're saying is in this fight on her own she's just another yoctogram.

Reactions: Radnar and Ryin
I tried really hard but even if the boss uses a lot of weak attacks it can still outpace your heals. Especially because you become zetta slow after using one of them.
Even if it was possible to get there solo with three actions I think Ajna wouldn't be able to survive the summoning phases.
If you get 2 attacks and heal with 1.99 bars, you only suffer the slow for half as long. I bet it can be done.

If you get 2 attacks and heal with 1.99 bars, you only suffer the slow for half as long. I bet it can be done.
The defense optimization is somewhat manageable. The problem is that the boss can deal 1000 damage to a blocking Ajna and her heal is weak. You're also dealing with having only 350 damage per hit and a phase in which 7 monsters you can't destroy quickly will attack you together with the boss.
Does the boss have a name, by the way?

Yeah... at least not right now. The closest you could get is only ever attacking with Ajna and letting other characters die.

But since the full game lets you pick your incarnations I'd imagine if for some reason you wanted to play it without any help then that'd be a thing, just not for the prototype.
Pretty sure that you can evade all encounters (and I think you would still want to encounter at least one enemy so you can get Ajna's second turn) so you could get to the boss with just Ajna, but I have no idea how anyone would be able to beat it with just Ajna.

So besides the bug to bypass half of the level, does anyone have any ideas on what you can do to not trigger the boss fight? Even dodging the initial attack still triggers the fight sequence. Maybe there's a trick to running from the fight?

I think walljumping off of the ledge gives you the greatest distance from the boss, avoiding the kick is a whole different story though, no idea.

I tried clinging to the part on top of the doorway before the boss pit and wall jumping from there but I didn't have any success, either.

So regarding the secret boss:
I'm not going to say that I was the first one to discover it cause I wasn't, but I knew that the wall where you find it was suspicious. I saw the wall and noticed that it was extremely different from other walls, but I did not know how to get the speed boost over there. Didn't realize that you could activate the speed booster from such a short distance. I ended up disregarding it as nothing. I guess someone proved otherwise.

Makes me very very sad that I could have been the first one to discover it.

The first thing I tried to do the moment I got speed boost was try to do the shorter distance thing, and figured everyone else was talking about a different mechanic because I could not find that spot of wall.

Does the boss have a name, by the way?
It's a Manote.

So besides the bug to bypass half of the level, does anyone have any ideas on what you can do to not trigger the boss fight? Even dodging the initial attack still triggers the fight sequence. Maybe there's a trick to running from the fight?
There is currently a pixel-perfect technique that I will be making not pixel-perfect probably next week, because I didn't realize it was so hard since I got it 3/3 times when I tried.
But I am sure you are not talking about it, because you're not. :^)

yes, the trick is to wait until mike fixes it so we can actually do it

I'm not going to say that I was the first one to discover it cause I wasn't, but I knew that the wall where you find it was suspicious. I saw the wall and noticed that it was extremely different from other walls, but I did not know how to get the speed boost over there. Didn't realize that you could activate the speed booster from such a short distance. I ended up disregarding it as nothing. I guess someone proved otherwise.

Someone was bound to have found these things before any of us did. They just didn't post it here or anywhere we know of.

I was the opposite, I knew of the trick but thought it was a glitch and thought nothing of it, never noticed that wall which is funny with how quickly I noticed the other one.

yes, the trick is to wait until mike fixes it so we can actually do it
Oh sorry I misread - pacifist is pixel-perfect. Just skipping the boss is super easy by comparison, even right now.

If it's any consolation you wouldn't have been the first even if you found out how to do it at that exact moment. Good eye though!

I got the second secret, but I also found a texture bug on the way (using 10-7 build):
cyvzfnR.jpg

The platform right below the statue seems to have quite the wrong texture.
Also, my hint
The objects in the easy to find secret room aren't arranged how they are by accident.

Last edited:
Well I'm bored guess it's time to boot up the latest version of the prototype and casually find this secret i guess.

Shouldn't be too ha
OMG WTF SOMEBODY GET ME OUT OF THIS PIT I'VE SPENT 2 HOURS ON THIS AND THIS ISN'T EVEN PART THE GODDAMN SECRET I'M FUCKING HOPELESS.

Please tell me this is as hard as it gets, or else this 30 hour RPG will stretch well over 200 hours.

spoiler snip
There is a video showing how to get out of the pit, it's a little tricky to describe in words, but the key is to walljump into a reverse axe-swing (tap rather than hold the direction toward the wall but hold the attack button, so you don't move too far to the right) about 3 times, then wall jump across the pit, swinging right as you get to the other side, then more wall jump > reverse axe-swing.

There is a video showing how to get out of the pit, it's a little tricky to describe in words, but the key is to walljump into a reverse axe-swing (tap rather than hold the direction toward the wall but hold the attack button, so you don't move too far to the right) about 3 times, then wall jump across the pit, swinging right as you get to the other side, then more wall jump > reverse axe-swing.
That might be it, i was holding the direction for everything past the first jump, banging my head into the ceiling forever. mulligan tomorrow.

I got the second secret, but I also found a texture bug on the way:
Man, that texture threw me off for so long. I kept thinking it was a clue that I needed a certain angle to see, and since the statues resemble the fiery spirits that kill the boss, I thought for sure the secret was tied directly to them. I got into so many fights with those nearby Ahps, trying to see if I could mess with the camera, then I kept running around the other statues to see if there was a switch or hidden platform I could reach with the Speed Boost. Ugghhh!

Man, that texture threw me off for so long. I kept thinking it was a clue that I needed a certain angle to see
Yeah, I wasn't sure if it was a texture bug or a map, since I figured from the 1st secret that a statue lit in cyan light was probably relevant to the 2nd secret. I went into NG+ to look for the secret so I could fight the monsters there to get a better angle. Once I started the fight it was clear that texture was just a bug, not a map or other clue, since I still couldn't make it out in any way.

Reactions: KaboomKid

Take consolation in the fact that you were more perceptive than most!

Oh sorry I misread - pacifist is pixel-perfect. Just skipping the boss is super easy by comparison, even right now.
wait, if the boss isn't pixel perfect then what is? does fleeing from battle not count towards pacifist?

hmm.. The boss hasn't woken up can be skipped but if you wake him up you can't? My best guess... which isn't much as I'm pretty tired and my brain isn't firing right =D

I assumed it meant take a monster down there and either get knocked past the boss or like end with a launcher then jump or something?

I assumed it meant take a monster down there and either get knocked past the boss or like end with a launcher then jump or something?
I already tried knocking a monster down there, didn't work it just disappeared soon as it was off-screen and respawned on it's original position after I died

2 more ideas then

Get ejected from the top - not likely, jumping would do basically the same thing easier

Kill them then juggle them into the boss room and do what I said?

Go read through the last few posts again @Kit Ballard , Mike confirmed pacifist is pixel perfect but there is also a non pacifist way of doing it.

Being pixel perfect completely kills my interest in it, though.

I'm getting really frustrated. I attempted to find the secret myself without reading any of the posts here, but that didn't go too well. I've never been one for secrets.
After about 2 hours, I got out of the pit. I know the little exploit thing to activate the dash right away, but I killed all of the enemies not being aware about it. Do I need to restart the prototype?
I'm at such a loss about the wall I need to do it near, as well... I feel like I've traversed the entire prototype, and nothing strange stood out to me.

You can still do it even if you kill all the enemies.

Nah the enemies can be killed. You needa trigger secret 1 to get secret 2 (you can get secret 2 without 1, but it won't make sense till you get 1)

You can still do it even if you kill all the enemies.
Well I mean I gave up right now, I'll do it later. Doesn't the thingy require you to fight an enemy?

Nah the enemies can be killed. You needa trigger secret 1 to get secret 2 (you can get secret 2 without 1, but it won't make sense till you get 1)
I got it, but it still doesn't make sense...

Nah.Secret 1 is in Temple 1, Secret 2 is in temple 2.
I know, I got the first secret. The wall was pretty obvious to me, and I saw someone post here that it will help me understand the second secret, but I don't see how. Am I not putting one and two together, and missing something obvious?

Doesn't the thingy require you to fight an enemy?
There's two ways to do it, only one of those ways require you to fight an enemy.