• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Introduce Yourself!

I'm not new here, but I never post anything so I might as well be :P

Anyways, I'm an east coast player from the good ol' land of North Carolina. I'm trying to be a little bit more active in the community so expect to see more posts from me here and there.

My only love is Peacock AND I WILL MARRY HER BECAUSE SHE'S MY BEST IMAGINARY FRIEND AND I LOVE HER SO SO SOOO MUCH.
Have I mentioned that I don't have life?
Are you the Peacock version of me

Reactions: gllt
My only love is Peacock AND I WILL MARRY HER BECAUSE SHE'S MY BEST IMAGINARY FRIEND AND I LOVE HER SO SO SOOO MUCH.
Have I mentioned that I don't have life?

Are you the Peacock version of me

You both are psychos.

Reactions: Babywhoah
My name is Dinglejet, and I am a recovering laptop player. I grew up in Vegas, then moved to a tiny colorado town for college where I tried to wrestle. I had heard about skullgirls, but never knew what it was until I looked it up. I was very intrigued by all the character's "personalities", and that I never played fighting games before. I'm not sure what else I'm supposed to say... I like cats and hate pears.

Reactions: gllt
KombatNerd. I've stalked these forums for a while, and decided to take the leap and try to learn this game. Love the characters/world and it's so much fun. My favorite character is Peacock. <3 (I think Valentine, Double, Andy Anvil, and Brain Drain are awesome as well.)

Also, I draw stuff from time to time... Twitter, games, and all that jazz. lol

Reactions: gllt and jam1220
I'm Shadowfury333. I recently got the game since I can't easily get any games in for Guilty Gear AC (mained Jam then Millia) or Melty Blood Act Cadenza (mained Ciel), and Current Code seems impossible to get. As such, Skullgirls seems like the place to go.
My current favourite character is Squigly, though a large part of that is Lauren Landa, due to her playing Kyouko Sakura in the Madoka Magica dub. I've also been pairing her with Filia since I'm keen on rushdown characters.

Apart from fighting games I also play obscure RTS games, and make commentated videos of competitive matches in them on YouTube.

Reactions: DawnHibiki and gllt
I'm Shadowfury333. I recently got the game since I can't easily get any games in for Guilty Gear AC (mained Jam then Millia) or Melty Blood Act Cadenza (mained Ciel), and Current Code seems impossible to get. As such, Skullgirls seems like the place to go.
My current favourite character is Squigly, though a large part of that is Lauren Landa, due to her playing Kyouko Sakura in the Madoka Magica dub. I've also been pairing her with Filia since I'm keen on rushdown characters.

Apart from fighting games I also play obscure RTS games, and make commentated videos of competitive matches in them on YouTube.
If you are in Vancouver you should join us at the Monthly SG meetup hosted by @GirlyStyle . Next one is Feb 1.
http://skullgirls.com/forums/index....irls-diaries-vancouver.1312/page-3#post-50183

Hey, my name is Undeadtoon, I actually wanted to join Skullheart earlier before the crash but life happened. I'm normally a skullgirls rper from Tumblr and I am not use to forums. My url is a reference for one of the accounts I run. I also openly have a compulsive tendency to obsess of the Game's Lore. And write/think up Skullgirls AUs and Headcanons like no tomorrow. As for the game, I actually found out about Skullgirls on TVtropes. One look at game's art style and I pretty much fell in love. Partially cause I'm a huge Batman the animated series nerd. Also I'm actually kinda bad to average as a player, unless I'm Peacock (who's my favorite), in which case I'm a bit average.

I also live in CA.

Re-introducing myself since it looks like I had to re-register since the last time I've been here, haha.

Anyways, been an avid follower of Skullgirls for sometime. I'm a console player (both PS3 & 360), so I've been patiently waiting for the Encore update to get back into the game. I plan to be a bit more active in the community in general once that happens. I've been to CEO the last two years playing this game and plan on going back again this year. Hopefully Eliza will be ready by then... :)

I guess my one major contribution to the SG world was pushing for the Sheena Fujibayashi palette for Valentine back when I was posting (mostly lurking) on Dustloop, lol.

I mostly play 2D fighters, but these days into mostly into Persona 4 Arena with some Tekken Revolution on the side.

Reactions: jam1220 and .42.
Hi everyone!

New member to the site and I just want to start by saying that I absolutely love this game and going forward I really look for ward to play anyone and everyone to give this game the support it deserves.
I've been learning this game on my own for the past little while but I really want to take my play to the next level.
So feel free to add me on steam whether your learning like me or someone I can learn from I'm just here to play the game and mover forward from that.

All the best.

Reactions: .42.
Hello everyone.
I commented once or twice during old Skullheart back during the Indiegogo hype but returned to being a lurker after the transition. But now that I'm playing Skullgirls a lot more often and feel like I've hit the wall in terms of self-teaching I thought I'd get involved with the community a bit more.
Hope I can continue to get bodied, but with some sort of direction this time.

Also, if I encounter any of you online I apologize for the occasional lag problem. I try to play when everyone else is asleep, but sometimes your roommate spontaneously decides to hog the bandwidth.

Welcome back...
They always come back...
One of us...

Hey everyone!

I had been interested in SkullGirls since I first heard about it with its initial release. I didn't pop and actually get it until the whole Konami debacle finally got resolved and I saw that it wasn't the end of the game's life (the Steam sale over December didn't hurt either) When I found out I could hook my PS3 controller up to my laptop, I thought I might have a shot in hell at getting decent at the game so I joined Skullheart to get invested in the community and see about getting some outside input on how to improve.

Hope I can be a good member to the community!

Reactions: Vadsamoht
I'm Derede. I'm not the best at this game nor am I the worst. If everyone around me would stop playing all their war simulators I would have more people to play this awesome game with. A game that I believe has some of the best animation and mechanics out of any traditional 2D fighting game.

I draw and write stuff as a cartoonist here: http://derede.deviantart.com/

Hope to get to know this awesome community better.

Hi I'm Emochu, you can just call me Emo though. I'm from a tiny Kingdom island in the Persian Gulf called Bahrain.

I'm an avid fighting game fan and I love Capcom fighters, namely Darkstalkers, the Marvel series and of course Street Fighter. I also love Arc Systems fighters though I've only played Guilty Gear. Tekken is cool too, though I rarely play it now.

I remember I got into Skullgirls when I first saw one of my friends post that it was announced at the official SEGA of America Forum. It was a traditional fighting game that used 6 buttons and that's I'll I needed to know to fall in love with it.

I then lost interest in it for some reason, probably because it was only PS3/360 fighter back then and I only ever had a dusty Wii which I stopped playing. I was also starting to become a PC gamer. Recently as of 2013, I heard it was finally getting a PC port, though sadly I missed the hype train and all the voting rounds thanks to my strayed attention.

I only bought it on Steam and started playing it a few months ago, and it's the game which I have the most hours on record for playing. I can easily make it up to, but not defeat Marie on Nightmare mode. I'm also a gamepad player, but I would really like an arcade stick with a pretty design on it. I can also play fighting games using a keyboard, as long as the keyboard is like my laptop's, which is flat and easy on the knuckles.

My favorite characters are Umbrella, Filia, Squigly, Beowulf, Minette, Ms Fortune, Aeon and Double.

I also like Annie, Eliza, Beatrix and Cerebooba.

Minette's one of your favorites but you only like Annie?

I'll... See that that gets fixed.

Ehehehe.

Minette's one of your favorites but you only like Annie?

I'll... See that that gets fixed.

Ehehehe.
Yeah, he'll stop liking Annie at all

Reactions: jam1220
QUITE THE OPPOSITE~, MY DEAR GOGGLEDGAMER.

Hi I'm axsprime, I'm bad at math. Most of my time is spend playing Fighting games or Armored Core. My primary fighting game is Guilty Gear which I'm not even that good at and most other ones confuse the crap out of me. So I decided to join this site to sorta get better. I play on PS3 and try to use Valentine.

QUITE THE OPPOSITE~, MY DEAR GOGGLEDGAMER.
Actually, I kinda like Annie more than Minette and would rather see her be the next DLC character.

Reactions: DDB
Hello all. I'm fairly new to Skullgirls even though i bought it on day one haha. The art style and characters are amazing along with awesome music.
Unfortunately there wasn;t much of a scene to keep me around, but with the release of Encore, im ready to start playing again.
I also play other fighters (SFxT, MK9, IGAU, Tekken, KI, etc.)
Outside of gaming i enjoy making cosplays. This year, i want to cosplay as someone from the Skullgirls' cast =D

Hello, i'm a player just trying to get better at Skullgirls, while also meeting other people that enjoy the game as well, so hopefully joining the forums will help me achieve those goals.

I'm Matt. 19 m, married.
I got into SkullGirls via NG and Zone. (Judge me.)
I get really salty after about 20 straight losses.
My least favorite characters are Parasoul and Peacock.
I can't read their shenanigans to save my life.
My favorites are Painwheel and Ms. Fortune.
Everyone else is cool except for Squiggly.
My Steam is SleepyDumps, but you probably could see that. You can add me if you'd like.
I'm not new to fighters. I started out on Mortal Combat on like a Sega Dreamcast or something like that.
I liked melee when it was hype. Played it all the time.
I play with a 360 controller. ...
I never use hatred install.

[silently judging]

[Mostly for the Squigly comment]

[silently judging]

[Mostly for the Squigly comment]
I just realized I've been spelling Squigly wrong this whole time.
She's just... gross.

my name is daniel. i like shoping with my best friend laura, because she loves videogames. my favorite series is gravity fall and mabel is my most favorite cartoon character ever. i really like big band, too. im selling ice cream and im pretty cheap. thats all.

Ok I will a little nervous about joining the forums a few days ago.

So yeah the name's Light-Triforce, I usually draw and stuff. I caught interest in Skullgirls when I saw the trailer of Peacock and thought the game looked really promising of being really fun to play. MvC3 did not give in to the whole fun factor, especially due to how the players are on online and the nasty messages I gotten from players that chewed me out.

So I got it first for my 360 til I got a PS3 for my birthday last year and got back to playing it. I am good, but I usually play for fun. I pretty much main Valentine and Peacock.

hello friends I am Beat and I am super sand lesbian and sometimes I play Hat Fortress 2 and Skillgrills and Lodsofemone: The Video Game and Fallout but I can't think of a way to make that sound funny.

also sometimes I write dumb comics and draw the picture of the thing

Reactions: jam1220 and Muro
Hey guys, I'm Cawtime, formerly a long-time lurker, who's now trying to become more active in the community, you might find me making .gifs of Eliza's WIP frames from the streams, and timidly supporting StarWulf.

My two favorite characters are Annie and Beowulf.

Hey guys, I'm Cawtime, formerly a long-time lurker, who's now trying to become more active in the community, you might find me making .gifs of Eliza's WIP frames from the streams, and timidly supporting StarWulf.

My two favorite characters are Annie and Beowulf.
You're a Naoto fan too =D

I like this guy.

Reactions: DDB
Let's give 'em a Starwulf seal of approval.

Reactions: Denizen
I'm Matty, Oregon fighting game player, huge fan of SG...
I primarily play Skullgirls as well as KoF13

I'm alright at skullgirls but my Parasoul is the only reason i'm a viable player at any point in time bahaha

Hello the name's Hurumi I guess at fighting games I'm okay player at best. I play many fighting games from Blazeblue to DOA. I found out skullgirls on pure luck every since then been playing the game. I use a Solo Fortune majority well that who I'm best with currently trying to learn other characters as well. I also play some doujin games from Touhou to Melty Blood and there are many more. Don't be afraid to ask me. I play skullgirls on ps3 and now recently stream which you can easily find on the side.

This is actually my second post here, oops.

But howdy, I'm Kirasandra and I'm bad at games. I got into the game for the fun characters and the music more than the actual fighting, but when I do fight I tend to play Squigly and someone else, Parasoul in the main game, Big Band in the beta. From that last statement, it can be assumed that I play on Steam. I also play a lot of Valve games, Borderlands 2, and every once in a while UMvC3.

The main things I hope to contribute to the fandom are bad fanfics, hopefully not as bad cosplays, and half-decent dolls. Hope you guys don't mind.

Hello the name's Hurumi I guess at fighting games I'm okay player at best. I play many fighting games from Blazeblue to DOA. I found out skullgirls on pure luck every since then been playing the game. I use a Solo Fortune majority well that who I'm best with currently trying to learn other characters as well. I also play some doujin games from Touhou to Melty Blood and there are many more. Don't be afraid to ask me. I play skullgirls on ps3 and now recently stream which you can easily find on the side.

I fought you last week, and its great that you're learning how to use the other characters, and using a solo character is a good way to learn, but its better to learn how to use a team since not everyone(me, being one of them) likes to deal with solos. But yeah, anyway, welcome to Skullheart.

Hello all,
Just heard of this site but I've been playing and loving this game ever since it came out, never really have been any good though it doesnt stop me from playing. First on Xbox 360, loved the game, but had to "upgrade" to ps3, so that's the second time I bought it. That ps3 crashed, so I bought another ps3 but DEFINITLY had to buy this game, so that's 3 times I bought it. My favorite character is Painwheel. Is it possible to start a petition to end the "nonreplenishing lifebar" thing in a 2-3 round matchup?