• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Introduce Yourself!

hello friends I am Beat and I am super sand lesbian and sometimes I play Hat Fortress 2 and Skillgrills and Lodsofemone: The Video Game and Fallout but I can't think of a way to make that sound funny.

also sometimes I write dumb comics and draw the picture of the thing
you had me at sand

hello, I'm Meteodrive
I'm from Canada and stuff. bought skullgirls the day it came out on 360, but recently I haven't really touched my 360 unless i'm playing Resonance of Fate. got skullgirls encore on PS3 and been having a lot of fun with that
I don't have a stick yet, so i make do with a controller. Wouldn't really call myself great but I can beat all my friends, so that's a start I guess

Aside from Skullgirls, I play a lot of RPGs and the like. Also a fan of music (all kinds, I don't discriminate) and anime
I also don't use semicolons when I probably should

Reactions: .42.
hello, I'm Meteodrive
I'm from Canada and stuff. bought skullgirls the day it came out on 360, but recently I haven't really touched my 360 unless i'm playing Resonance of Fate. got skullgirls encore on PS3 and been having a lot of fun with that
I don't have a stick yet, so i make do with a controller. Wouldn't really call myself great but I can beat all my friends, so that's a start I guess

Aside from Skullgirls, I play a lot of RPGs and the like. Also a fan of music (all kinds, I don't discriminate) and anime
I also don't use semicolons when I probably should

Welcome.
Where in Canada? Vancouver and Toronto have pretty active scenes. Join in if you are in the area.

Welcome.
Where in Canada? Vancouver and Toronto have pretty active scenes. Join in if you are in the area.
I'm in Winnipeg. There is a bit of a scene here in general, but I'm not sure how big Skullgirls is.
There was an event two days ago (which I'm just finding out about now...) that had Skullgirls at it though, so there are definitely players

Hi, guys! I'm fracassio. I used to be in this forum before the crash, but then my life became a mess (graduating, getting fired, getting a new job, etc.) and I've never stopped to make a new account until now.

I'm Brazilian and a total scrub. A formerly terrible Val-Filia, a currently mediocre Filia-Squigly and aiming for a decent Big Band-Squigly (or possibly Big Band-Squigly-Filia).

I play a lot of fighting games, but I'm more inclined to play the ones on my PC (SG, KOF XIII and Divekick SSFVIAE). Other than that, I like reading books while listening to video game soundtracks and I'm a TV Tropes addict.

Nice to see you people again!

Hi, I'm akiak74. I am new to any of the forums and never really joined one until today.
I have never seriously played any fighting games before (learning combos, systems), so I'm really bad at grasping the concept or even applying them. Worst of all, I usually drop combos in the heat of the match.
After I playing Skullgirls, I now want to become very good at it.
Nice to meet you!

I am Brandon, i usually lurk forums, but i want to be more active. I play Solo Bella for the time being until Beowulf and Eliza get released. I will try and contribute to the forums some how.

Hey all, I'm sanslogique. New to Skullgirls and fighting games in general, I just picked it up when Encore came out. This is the first fighting game since the original Soul Calibur that has really made me want to learn, and Soul Calibur didn't have online play so I never went anywhere with it. :p

So...Skullgirls is awesome and I am completely in love with Squigly and banging my head against a wall pretty much everyday trying to get through her Seria cancels fast enough. This forum has been amazingly helpful.

Reactions: Cellsai
Hey. I'm Kielix, I am terrible at fighting games but I really like to play them.
I'm most familiar with SSFIV and Blazblue, and I played a decent amount of MvC2+3.
Obviously, I'm looking to learn the game and get better at fighters in general.
If anyone wants to play, I'm always looking for tips and such.

hey, i'm dragonos (FR). SG is my first (and only) fighting game and I play it since its official release on PC. intermediate/expert player, i guess. I play solobella since the beginning because of the cool factor.
Finally found out about skullheart (doesn't hang out on the internet that much), and I which to become more active for the community.
you may find me in the cerebella threads, training mode being my second home, as I don't care losing time testing dumb stuff.

hello. my name is Nicholas but people call me Nico usually. ive been playing fighting games for awhile but sucked bad but never really got mad and raged quit. my first fighting games where MVC 2 and 1 for ps2, MK4 for N64, Bushido Blade for Ps1 , Tekken 3, and Street fighter Alpha 3 and 3rd strike on Ps2 and arcades. i dont mean to brag but i am athletic and as of now im doing Boxing, and i live around the Santa Clarita and San Fernando valley areas. sadly, i am not aware of anybody who plays Skullgirls out here. im happy to be apart of very friendly community and i hope to see the game grow later down the line.

Hi my name is Patrik, many people call me Pat
like every person not out of his/her mind i like fightinggames, i tend to suck
my first contact with the genre was late and was the beautiful Tekken 3, also Battle Arena Toshinden 3 man i had a pretty damn late playstation....
on the gamcube i played Sould Calibur 2 and of course Smash...
I love the fluff in fightinggames, the stories go from painfully stupid meet awsome and sometimes are tragic.
Skullgirls is a beauty in all aspects and the first fighting game i played that really tries to teach you get better, using and xbox pad is overwhelming, im in need for a 6 button controller :P, fingers are not fast enough to finish the training.

well im now like 23 studieing history in Hamburg, Germany, and getting sleepy
hope i can add some productiv comments to this Forum and stuff

What's happening everybody? I'm 6-Let.
- I play just about all the fighters (KoF, SG, & SF are my main ones at the moment)
- I also play Shmups, Beat'em ups, some FPS, and Retro games
- I'm from Florida (2 hours away form Tampa)
- And hopefully I get to have fun with you guys online
- That's about it
- And stuff

My name is Zeph, I've been around some, but, just now I've decided on actually coming here to Skullheart, and on picking the game back up again from months of absence.
I wield a shitty 360 pad with a shitty joystick, and I main Solo(YOLO)Bella, on Skullgirls PC. Might pick up other characters besides her for reals (I used to play around with Filia and Ms Fortune some, and Biggo Bando some months ago back in Beta). I can play a mean front, when I'm not dropping and whiffing or just generally fucking around and not playing seriously. Which I do too often. Anyways, I'm sure a number of you fellas have seen me around. Hope to play some good games, fellas.

Oh, and uh, when I'm not playing SG, I play a wide variety of games. Also a CS player too. Typically sniper support (fuck AWPs, use Scouts like real playahs). So, if anybody has CS:GO, let's hook up and play some games together. Shit can be fun.

I also stream shit sometimes. *shrug* http://www.twitch.tv/zephyreles

Hey everybody, you can call me Streak. I'm new to the site but I've been playing Skullgirls for awhile now, I play on stick and was looking to improve my play style with Valentine and Filia. I'm on the PS3 version of the game just in case you're ever looking to play a set.

Aside from Skullgirls, I also play Persona 4 Arena and UMVC3/2/Orgins.

Last edited:
Hello everyone, my name is Dimitri Awesometh, and I CAN spell, it's just because of character limits that my username is like that. Believe it or not, I play on keyboard, mainly due to the fact that I properly joined the fighting game scene not too long ago. I think Skullgirls is the fighter that has sucked the most time from me, but I do have other experiences with fighters, such as Mortal Kombat and Soulcalibur. I play on PC, so if you want to play, you can find my profile and you can kick my ass. I can any character to a basic level, but my best is Ms. Fortune, if you can't tell already. I also have some expertise in Peacock and Valentine.

I play a lot of games in general, so many that I can't really list them down, but my main PC games other than Skullgirls are Team Fortress 2 and Garry's Mod.

Hi, Monkfish here. Long-time lurker, first-time poster. I've been playing fighting games for many years so i consider myself experienced even if i dont consider myself any good!

I love Skullgirls because of the way its delicately balanced, easy to learn and difficult to Master.

Even though i've been playing this kind of game for a long time my skills are always kept in check by the fact my reaction time is impaired. This is part of the reason i play this kind of game as i like to push myself and i love a challenge, the skill-ceiling is always just that little bit higher for me. If you play me you'll probably beat me but play me anyway i could always do with the practice.

I'm playing Skullgirls with the keyboard atm i find this works quite well but i guess one of these days i should get a gamepad

What's happening everybody? I'm 6-Let.
- I play just about all the fighters (KoF, SG, & SF are my main ones at the moment)
- I also play Shmups, Beat'em ups, some FPS, and Retro games
- I'm from Florida (2 hours away form Tampa)
- And hopefully I get to have fun with you guys online
- That's about it
- And stuff
Thanks to your one hand video I finally understood the input system of the game. Good stuff.

My IGN is Toko and I'm from Russia. I'm a complete newbie in FGs in general apart from Divekick (which is a good game in a sense that it gets people acquainted with general FG concepts as well as with Marn). I used to play LoL a lot. I hope I'll be helpful and my stupid questions will spark some valuable discussions :^)

Hello. I'm LN-Omega (OMZ on Steam for a very short while.) Perhaps you've already fought me, I hope I didn't annoy you too much.

I played Skullgirls on Steam since autumn 2013, but I've played Mortal Kombat on PS3 before that and SFIV in a pinch. In Skullgirls, I zone a lot and do a lot of teleport crossups with some basic close-quarters pressure. I guess you could say I'm a scrub, but I think I'm still a decent player who can give you a run for your money, between using my head and doing shenanigans.

What I'm looking forward to is playing against stronger players to improve my gameplay and purge it from various gaping flaws (silly unsafe stuff in the air, sub-par neutral game and defensive) and learning combos to really give an edge to my offensive. The odds are you'll whallop me at first, but I learn from my mistakes and I've fought players who did so at first, but no longer can.

I'm not much of a theory fighter, so forgive me if I share little knowledge, but I'm willing to learn as much as I can, so I keep an open mind to everyone else's input.

Have a nice day.

Oh hi, forum.

I go by the name of Paint-It-Blak (usually people just call me PiB for short in other forums). I decided to join because...I need more outputs to post unpopular opinions about things.

Anyways, I hail from California (Uber Alles) and usually pretty casual about most of the games I play. I'm really into fighters as well. I've dabbled in Street Fighter, Mahvel 2 and 3, Guilty Gear, Mortal Kombat, Melty Blood, KoF, Big Bang Beat and, of course, Skullgirls.

When I'm not playing fighters I'm usually playing obscure doujin games and/or shmups. When I'm not playing those I usually just play stuff like Borderlands 2, Brutal Doom and System Shock (The best around).

I tend keep an open mind with all forms of media and usually get along with other people. I'm pretty scrub at this game so hopefully I can meet some more sparring partners :)

Yo it's 2014
I want yall to meet Deltron zero, hero, not no small feat.

I've been lurking for a little bit and figured maybe I'd try the posting thing. I probably can't play until the mac port is out, which is due out 1/2 past ragnarok.

I live as a student in Lincoln, UK. You could usually find me at the place with the cheapest booze, look for the guy with the american accent and bad haircut.

Games are cool. I like the fighty kind. Give me something where I can punch dudes, kick dudes, stab dudes, or spank dudes and I'll be happy with it.

Other entertainment is cool too. Anime, cartoons, comics, music, movies, whatever. I like yelling at them and maybe enjoying them if I have time to between all the yelling.

Hi n stuff
kckuR4G.gif

Reactions: SHODAN
Hello everyone the names Moto I am a serious gamer and can play on any system or platform as I have 3 different accounts on Steam PS3 and XBL. I fell in love with SG about a few months ago after seeing my friend play it alot! I consider my self a gamer that is good at basically any game i am currently trying to get better at SG and learn how to play MVC3 Ultimate and might get into street fighter i play SG Soul Caliber 2 Super Smash Brothers Brawl and Melee and also Naruto Ninja storm 3 a little little bit on MVC3 heck I even can go FPS and all CoD and Battefield but other multiplayer games include metroid prime 2 echoes multiplayer idk if any one else plays that but me and also I play... well just about anything if its a game im down but SG is my new fav game of all time then CoD Black Ops and then SSBM It was nice to read some other posts you all are interesting people and fans and hope to make friends on here!

-Moto Out

So, I'm a lurker, but I decided to get an account because... yeah. Bear with me here, I'm a socially awkward introvert ._.;

Call me Nazdrovie, or Naz, or whatever twisted nickname you can think of. I've been playing fighting games for a while, first really getting into the genre with TvC, then moving on to BB and P4A. I've heard about Skullgirls back when it first popped up, but I didn't really pay much attention to it until about a month ago when I actually decided to see gameplay of it, which led to me getting the game instantly. I haven't been playing as much as I'd like-- I'd like a 2-3 person team with Squigly, Big Band, and Peacock/Parasoul/whoever else turns out fun, but I'm only really comfortable with Squigly-- so I thought I'd at least put myself in the community to show my support for the great people making this game and to learn more about the other people that enjoy it.

Pleasure to meet all of you! :D

Hello everyone! :D Just started up on Skullgirls. Honestly one of the best fighting games I have ever played. Beautiful art/animation, great mechanics, good music, cool stories, and a vintage theme....I just love it. Anyways, nice to meet you all!

Reactions: Verstande
Hello...! I'm Rynozilla, though I also accept Midori-Chan (As you can see by the Avatar). Honestly, you can call me whatever you'd like! Moving on, I bought Skullgirls a while ago, mid 2013 I believe. I loved it ever since, and I found this site eventually. I am just now starting to post stuff and... I'm kind of a little nervous. I'm also just decent at the game, but that doesn't effect how much I adore it. I really hope I will get to befriend all of you! That is all... For now. <v< P.S. I don't play many other fighting games as well as SG, though I try my best! P.P.S. I use a Controller, I'm from the U.S., and I ADORE Puns of all kinds!

Hello...! I'm Rynozilla, though I also accept Midori-Chan (As you can see by the Avatar). Honestly, you can call me whatever you'd like! Moving on, I bought Skullgirls a while ago, mid 2013 I believe. I loved it ever since, and I found this site eventually. I am just now starting to post stuff and... I'm kind of a little nervous. I'm also just decent at the game, but that doesn't effect how much I adore it. I really hope I will get to befriend all of you! That is all... For now. <v< P.S. I don't play many other fighting games as well as SG, though I try my best! P.P.S. I use a Controller, I'm from the U.S., and I ADORE Puns of all kinds!
Can I call you Andrew Stepford the third?

:O didn't know this thread existed
Hello! I'm ArcDawn and I'm a noob at SG XD. I'm getting better at figuring out the game but often I have to switch between keyboard and stick so I always have to adjust a bit every time. I also play Tatsunoko vs Capcom, SSFIV: AE, and Melty Blood. I also played a lot of smash bros growing up so I'm decent at it. I main Peacock/Cerebella and Peacock/Big Band right now. Hoping Lab0 keeps Fukua so I can pick up another character :D.
Add me on steam! : arcdawn

I'm Save 4 Less and I'm just some casual when it comes to fighting games. I played some of them off and on but I was never really serious about one until I played Skullgirls. I use an Xbox 360 Controller because I'm awful with a keyboard and too poor to afford a fight stick. My favorite characters are Double, Big Band, and now Fukua. I'm pretty terrible at this game but I'm constantly trying to improve by sparring and watching others play.

I also like to draw and just be lazy. I also like to play Dota 2, Guild Wars 2, and Loadout. Other than that I really don't have much to say.

Chicken Boo's the name and Chicken Boo's the game.

I'm a avid Skullgirls fan and I followed the game with a lot when it first came out on consoles. I couldn't buy it because I don't own a PS3 or Xbox 360, I hoped that one day it would be ported to the glorious PC master race, and after a year of watching every Salty Stream I could, watching all of Maximillian's videos covering the game, and watching the game being played at Evo I finally got my wish.

I always liked fighting games, but I never had anyone to play with growing up, so I'm rather bad. But I'm always looking forward to improve my game. Outside of skullgirls I study art and try to build my skill as an artist.

I also play a lot of Dota 2, which slowly kills my soul but I can't seem to stop! I'd also like to run a quality Skullgirls/Dota 2 stream one day. =D

name's Blackbelt. Been playing Skullgirls since the original launch, and I gave money to the kickstarter, but for some godforsaken reason, I never joined this forum. Well, better late then never.

Also, Fukua is awesome

(Well, here goes nothing...) Hello, I guess. My name's Flying64, I actually made this account a longish time ago, but I forgot about this forum. But now I'm trying to actually get back into Skullgirls.

So far, I've been soloing as Peacock, I'm not sure if that's the best idea, but I like to play as her. I feel like I'm not that good at playing SG, but I think I may be improving slowly. I do play the steam/PC version of Skullgirls, keyboard and all. I feel like I can be a little "Mashy" while fighting, (If I get the chance to attack, pfft) But I will save on how I play for later, I guess.

Either way, It's about time I start to use this account, I have a knack for forgetting about forums, I'm gonna see if I can break that habit. But for now, that's all I have to say, I wish you have a splendid "Rest-of-your-day".

Hello gents, I'm DMags, and I like to party.

Annnnnnyway, I'm fairly new to SG and the whole "team fighting" in general. Coming from a street fighter background this is pretty new and fast paced to me, which has in turn made it pretty fun. So far I'm currently playing a solo painwheel until I'm a little more comfortable playing with a team, but I'm 99% sure that Big Band will be my 2nd character.

I'm from the Boston area and plan on getting more involved with the local scene, but if anyone would like to play online feel free to shoot me a PM ( just so I know who you are ). We can play PC or PS3, also down to play street fighter 4 anytime.

Lastly, I have a Training Diary in the Beginner's Forum so feel to check it out and tell me how bad I am and that I do things wrong :)

Hello I'm Sir Rarity
I'm an avid fighting game fan playing games like ST to SG (to varying degrees of skill)
I'm only average at skullgirls (at best) so I joined the forums to keep up with recent news of the game and get tips on how to play.
I'm from the UK so if anyone wants to hit me up for matches on psn feel free to

Howdy everyone,

Been playing SG for about 9 months. Still awful at it. Combos? What combos?
I play the glorious PC version. Thank god for daily patches.
Too old to play games. My favourite fighter is KOF.

I love the SG characters, style, music and storyline, hungry for more.

My favourite character is Black Dahlia, gutted she didn't make the vote :(
Still, one day down the line I'm sure.
In the game I spam Valentine to 50/50 results,
when I feel like getting my ass kicked I play as Parasoul. Who looks fab but I can't work with for s***

Pleased to meet all y'all

Ah so there IS a thread for this :P

Been playing SG since release, although I took break between release and encore before getting into it again.

PC player here, enjoying the hell out of Painwheel in this version :3

coming to you in living color enters dream!

i play SG....a lot i played some people here so i thought why not join.

my steam name is now fukuatwerkteam. it used to be squiglypuff and filiatwerkteam.

my main team consist of filia/squigly/fortune BUT

i also know cerebella, val, fukua(?)

if you feel like playing add me i could use getting my ass whooped and raging all day! :D

Reactions: Fukua
Hello everyone ! My name is AxHell !

I play Skullgirls since it's released on PC and I love it. I discovered this forum today while searching some info on Big Band and here I am.

I'll be 21 years old in April, I'm a student in computer science (though I think I'll do something else) and I live in France.

I love video games, especially RPGs; my favourite game is in fact an entire serie : The Shin Megami Tensei serie by Atlus with Persona 2 Innocent Sin & Eternal Punishment as my favourite, and right now I'm playing Devil Survivor Overclocked on 3DS.
I have a lot of consoles such as : SNES, Saturn...you name it ! My favourite of all might be the Sega Genesis.

My favourite manga, and anime is Full Metal Alchemist (Brotherhood) followed by Soul Eater

My favourite show is Teen Titans...the original not the new one. And also I'm a brony so if there are bronies out there....Derpy's best pony

My favourite movie is The Nightmare Before Christmas by Tim Burton.

My favourite book is Cthulhu's Myth by H.P Lovecraft

And I'm a cat person but I love all animals !

Now for what I hate : Bananas, pears, motorcycles, footbal, rap...and other things...but especially bananas

In Skullgirls my main is Squigly :SQG: (plus she has a Corpse Bride skin !) but I also play Ms Fortune :PUN: and Peacock :PEA: But I think I'll have a Big Band and Squigly team...Corpse Band team FTW !
And if you want to fight me...prepare to get your sorry *ss kicked !

I'm looking forward to know all of you !