• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure

When the detail you remove is specifically the female/transgender symbols in his hat...
Wouldn't that be the opposite then?

And anchors are a symbol of transgender? And women? I guess it looks like Venus if you ignore the bottom, but then since when is Venus transgender?

Reactions: SanoBaron
yeah, weren't those anchors because he's a marine biologist?

plus, it's not uncommon for some JoJo characters to change clothes during their arcs. the only one who didn't change their outfit was Jotaro and that was for the "I'm a student" gag.

iirc Jotaro does change his attire up a bit during part 4 in terms of accessories.

I mean, Josuke also has an anchor on his coat collar, and I always figured that was because Morioh is also a port town.

Ooh those what those symbols were!

Hah I haven't read part 4 yet so I never got a clear look on them lol.

Does he have the outfit with the Dolphin Heart though?

Ooh those what those symbols were!

Hah I haven't read part 4 yet so I never got a clear look on them lol.
I do remember that there were some people who were absolutely convinced that they were trangender symbols, and they tried to convince others, but as far as I know, that idea never got any traction whatsoever.

you would know if you would WRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYd the manga!

Does he have the outfit with the Dolphin Heart though?
I wouldn't be surprised if he did.

let's also bring up the fact that Rohan is also one of the characters whose outfit changed a lot during part 4, as well as Kira.

Kira changed a little more than his outfit but yeah
jojo's does cycle through outfits sometimes
even Jolyne managed to switch it up
in jail
somehow

Reactions: HeadcrabNinja
12376567_1019144908144472_333362917385718505_n.jpg

Narancia the giorno'd rod-dead

good chapter too
lots of stuff going on and being teased
Looking forward to the next chapter giving us a good fight and maybe even revealing Hato's Stand while he's at it.

If that's real I really have to read part 8 now.

And i'm still waiting for a good part 5
Is the current one really that bad?

And i'm STILL waiting for a good part 5 translation to move on with the JoJo Reading
1. The translation the Color project is doing is pretty good so far, but it's only up to Greatful Dead.
2. You can do what I did, which is skip part 5 until the translation is finished because nothing ever references back to part 5 anyway, even a thing in part 6 that it is nonsensical do to how hard it's ignoring part 5 ignores part 5. (I then went back and am up to date on the translation, but whatever you feel like.)

Unless that internet theory about Yasuho being Diavolo is correct, there is no real reason to read part 5 as it stands.

Is the current one really that bad?
The current translation is considered poor because despite actually having grammar it appears to be pretty inaccurate, and I personally believe it to be part of the large between the western fanbase's reaction to it and the Japanese one, in Japan from what I hear it's one of the favorite parts but outside I've barely seen anything other than contempt for it, and having only read the new translation up to date I honestly think it's fine so far, not that that necessarily means anything.

I'm not saying that this is what is happening as a fact, just stating my feelings based on observations. Most people complain about how flat the cast is, if the translation is as bad as it is made out to be do we know that they're actually the way we know them? I can't say.

I like how confusing and mysterious part 8 continues to be. Just like "Yo I understand this is a very confusing series of events occurring within the Higashitaka household so I'm gonna just throw in a flashback in case you didn't have enough questions yet. Also hey in the meantime stare at Josefumi he's right there wow look at him there thats crazy."

Also since I don't know what should or shouldn't be discussed in spoilers in relation to part 8 I'm gonna be liberal with my usage.
I kinda miss the david bowie look for Kira but this one's cool I guess. I like that he's still a weird jerk though its pretty clear that his goal is not a quiet life. Also hey just uh, killer queen, right there, in the middle of this diner. Also I can't tell what exactly his stand abilities are, cause it seems like he does the thing where he places a bubble that explodes, and the surfer guy said something about that, but then he also had super hacking vision and CSI/House powers. His ability to deduce medical shit at a glance can probably be explained as "hes a real strong doctor" but then he has weird hacking vision stuff going on what a mysterious jojo. That surfer guy better eat his own hands soon.

I like how confusing and mysterious part 8 continues to be. Just like "Yo I understand this is a very confusing series of events occurring within the Higashitaka household so I'm gonna just throw in a flashback in case you didn't have enough questions yet. Also hey in the meantime stare at Josefumi he's right there wow look at him there thats crazy."

Also since I don't know what should or shouldn't be discussed in spoilers in relation to part 8 I'm gonna be liberal with my usage.
I kinda miss the david bowie look for Kira but this one's cool I guess. I like that he's still a weird jerk though its pretty clear that his goal is not a quiet life. Also hey just uh, killer queen, right there, in the middle of this diner. Also I can't tell what exactly his stand abilities are, cause it seems like he does the thing where he places a bubble that explodes, and the surfer guy said something about that, but then he also had super hacking vision and CSI/House powers. His ability to deduce medical shit at a glance can probably be explained as "hes a real strong doctor" but then he has weird hacking vision stuff going on what a mysterious jojo. That surfer guy better eat his own hands soon.
Kira's sister said that Part 8 Killer Queen makes bubbles that explode.

Koichi's was an egg,to a baby,to some wierd ass thing with a spike-tail,to some hood-ass mono wearing a cloth on his waist.
Identity crisis maybe?

Koichi's was an egg,to a baby,to some wierd ass thing with a spike-tail,to some hood-ass mono wearing a cloth on his waist.
Identity crisis maybe?
Probably representing Koichi growing up. Echoes act 3 can be seem as not caring anymore.

But we all know that is just a dbz reference and echoes is cell.

1:54 AM - Dio Brando 「ZA WARUDO」: imagine this
1:54 AM - Dio Brando 「ZA WARUDO」: youre having sex with dio
1:54 AM - Dio Brando 「ZA WARUDO」: he's on top
1:54 AM - Dio Brando 「ZA WARUDO」: and as he fucks you he chokes you and yells WRYYYY to the top of his lungs
1:54 AM - Sparties-Chan: i'm getting really hot and bothered
1:54 AM - Sparties-Chan: nevermind.
1:54 AM - Dio Brando 「ZA WARUDO」: on your face
1:54 AM - Dio Brando 「ZA WARUDO」: lmao
1:55 AM - Dio Brando 「ZA WARUDO」: ok he doesnt choke you
1:55 AM - Dio Brando 「ZA WARUDO」: but the yelling is real
1:55 AM - Dio Brando 「ZA WARUDO」: too real
1:56 AM - Sparties-Chan: >too real
1:56 AM - Sparties-Chan: what the fuck is this real life or just fantasy

I dropped part 8 back when Shakedown Road was coming out because I really wasn't enjoying it, really didn't like the pace especially after SBR. I have been diving back in recently and actually found it really enjoyable after that arc ended and I'm almost caught up now, I'm glad it picked up as I was especially disappointed to not be enjoying it after SBR was so great.
Holy shit Tsurugi killing Aisho was awesome.

I dropped part 8 back when Shakedown Road was coming out because I really wasn't enjoying it, really didn't like the pace especially after SBR. I have been diving back in recently and actually found it really enjoyable after that arc ended and I'm almost caught up now, I'm glad it picked up as I was especially disappointed to not be enjoying it after SBR was so great.
Holy shit Tsurugi killing Aisho was awesome.
I wanna say that things picked up once Yotsuyu appeared, but we've been in overdrive ever since Aisho, and Araki has been going H.A.M. once Karera appeared. The Doobie Wow! and Schottkeys fight were both fucking amazing. And now Vitamin C has been super spooky and rad.
Next chapter can't come soon enough, man