• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure

at least he doesn't deny it.

if you got a plot error, its best just to own up to it. don't push it under the rug.

at least he doesn't deny it.

if you got a plot error, its best just to own up to it. don't push it under the rug.
This, and don't try to explain it away on stupid pretenses like other authors.

this dub is terrible news, now everyone's gunna call Polnareff Eiffel

considering that the official Crunchyroll subs call him Polnereff
i think he's safe

guys, for those of you who are upset about JoJo's name changes for subs and dubs.

all it takes is one lawsuit for this whole endeavor to be locked away from us.

I'm okay with some slight changes over nothing at all.

considering that Crunchyroll is working around them pretty well (Again, official subs, the dub will likely be working off of those names), I think the dub is gonna be fine.

really I'm still annoyed that the official is "Avdol" and not "Abdul"

exactly. I applaud Crunchy for playing it smart even at the cost of JoJo 'purists' getting mad at them for it.

Reactions: Gamesandgoodies
considering that the official Crunchyroll subs call him Polnereff
i think he's safe

I pray you are right

even if Polnereff isn't safe, its no big deal if his name is changed. it doesn't change him as a character.

maybe if it was a decent substitute

Eiffel is just kind of lazy, let's be real
if you're gonna be changing the name at least be clever about it like J. Geil to Centerfold

eh, I find Jean Pierre Eiffel to be a funny uber french name, so its okay in my book.

EDIT:

its the equivalent of "Frenchy Mc-French French"

Why do people keep thinking his name is "Abdul" and not "Avdol"?

Because back in the days of old before jojo's had any consistent translation on anything, Avdol's surname was assumed to be "Abdul", which is a fairly common last name among egyptian muslims like Avdol (not to mention, there's a certain musician whose last name is Abdul). It wasn't until a bit later where suddenly all the official sources went like "Nope. Nah. No. It's Avdol. It was always Avdol." and most fans went like "that's dumb" and just kept calling him Abdul.

Because back in the days of old before jojo's had any consistent translation on anything, Avdol's surname was assumed to be "Abdul", which is a fairly common last name among egyptian muslims like Avdol (not to mention, there's a certain musician whose last name is Abdul). It wasn't until a bit later where suddenly all the official sources went like "Nope. Nah. No. It's Avdol. It was always Avdol." and most fans went like "that's dumb" and just kept calling him Abdul.
Fans....
There was a page on that on Batoto among one of the old scanss giving that same explanation. I think it got removed with the rest of the scans.
Abdul sounds more appealing anyway.
Avdol sounds more unique, though.

Abdul is an actual name, though...
So is Pannacot--oh wait.
I don't think Josuke is an actual name, either.

i don't see how not real names makes the real name of Abdul any less real

What I'm saying is it doesn't matter if a name is real or not.
EDIT: And who the hell names their kid Funny?

>Wheel of Fortune kept the 4th Wall break

ibxrIL1Udhm429.gif

So, uh.... do you people like sumo?

because abdul is his name? Avdol is just the crap translation in the game that stuck, a lot of stuff from that game stuck unfortunately

Jesus christ, Josuke is so Joseph...
I was already expecting something coming from the son of the best JoJo.
jjulbe.png

Yo I'm sick of torrenting episodes and losing space on my hard drive, is Crunchyroll good for watching Jojo's?

@Denizen It's only 3 or 4 per vid, but most of the time they're less than 30 seconds each or have a skip me option.

Last edited:
@Denizen It's only 3 or 4 per vid, but most of the time they're less than 30 seconds each or have a skip me option.
Eh, I guess I can deal with that if I can skip them.
The videos are in 1080p right?

Yeah. It especially looks like it watching Stardust or BT.

Just be mindful of the extra week of waiting time for new episodes after they drop for the Crunchyroll stream if you don't have a Premium account.

Yo I'm sick of torrenting episodes and losing space on my hard drive, is Crunchyroll good for watching Jojo's?
its just small ads. but I will say if you can get a ton of JoJos done in a month I recommend a month trial.

its also worth the 7 bucks a month, but I would also recommend sharing it with someone like I am.

I ain't buying shit. One thing you'll learn about me is that I'm cheap as fuck and I'm not spending money just so I can see something early on an anime website. Thanks though, I guess.

Thanks @TechPowah, this should work fine for me.

Reactions: TechPowah
I don't get the hatred of skippable youtube-esque ads, and beyond that one could totally use adblock.

Also waiting for new volumes of Jojolion is the absolute worst thing. Worse than waiting for new Berserk.

Although ya know there is the occasional odd plothole every once in a while..still a firm part of the holy trinity of shonen manga.