• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure

Yo Jotaro that was pretty cool and all but now you're deaf in that ear.
Enjoy life with a hearing aid.

He stuffed a couple of comic books in his ear. Problem solved.

Yo Jotaro that was pretty cool and all but now you're deaf in that ear.
Enjoy life with a hearing aid.
this only raises so many questions with the persona 3 cast
no wonder everyone was arguing during the answer they probably couldn't even hear each other

that simulated real guns in every way except actually shooting bullets
heck you can even hear the "bang" whenever you're using a skill, except in Aigis and Koromaru's cases, iirc

Liar flavored.
10354615_398474920291239_4457150144833170694_n.png

because abdul is his name? Avdol is just the crap translation in the game that stuck, a lot of stuff from that game stuck unfortunately
http://jojo-animation.com/contents/character/avdol.html
If his name is Abdul, then why does the official anime website call him "Avdol"? And why does JOJOVELLER, an official artbook, list him as Avdol?

JoJonium editions of Phantom Blood and Battle Tendency will be releasing digitally first in Sept. with Phantom Blood and March with Battle Tendency, and in print in February (Hardcover).
Stardust Crusaers digital will release this Friday. 2 volumes every week.

If you guys want to know about the dub, that's on Saturday.

Last edited:
I always thought of it as a mistranslation gone wild, like Aeris or Belselk, but it's not that important, avdol just doesn't sound good to me. It's a personal gripe.

Eiffel is another thing altogether, but again no sir, I personally don't like it.

Yeah, I see what you mean.
Eiffel is just terrible.

Reactions: Rance
Loius-Phillipe Croissant.

Being serious now, I've been watching Part 3 nonstop and I'm thoroughly enjoying it. I have to admit that Stands are a lot cooler than the Ripple, there's so much visual variety creativity in their designs. Jotaro Kujo is also a super fucking cool protagonist, I wish I was that cool in high school.
Oh well, better late than never.

well, there is a theory that stands are just another form of hamon.

I just kinda wish we could still keep hamon as sort of the base power for main characters to achieve, because theres a lot of versatility with it. hell, Joseph made an ordinary pair of clackers into powerful weapons.

Reactions: Covenant
Those clackers were made of solid steel, I wouldn't want to be hit with them even if they weren't charged with magic. Despite Ripple's versatility I still think that fighting alongside phantoms derived from your inner being is still better. Araki made the right decision by switching things up like that.

I've heard of that theory of Stands being familiar-type Ripple power. That really makes me wonder whether, if true, the Stone of Aja would be able to magnify Stand powers.

Stands were originally planned to be something of a Ripple apex
like the Ripple was subconsciously trying to make its users achieve a Stand

but that got dropped and Stands become (at first) a sort of semi-physical manifestation of psychic power, latent or otherwise

I still say keeping hamon wouldn't have hurt. mix it with the stands, have a guy with a weaker stand but strong hamon and he works his hamon with his stand. have a stand that can use hamon. stands are cool but to me it feels like if Toriyama wrote out the kamehameha solely because ki blasts are faster. don't get me wrong though, I love the stupid versatility and sometimes broken abilities of stands.

You're in for a treat then.

Reactions: Covenant
Also, if you really think Part 3's stands are cool, you're in for a treat for the other parts.

Because Part 3's stands are pretty vanilla.

Reactions: Agent York
New jojolion came out..and boy was it another time where araki is like "lets draw really detailed pictures of food for an entire chapter".

Reactions: Redblaze27
I'm not big on fruit but yeah they are the best.

It just writes itself!

This must be the work of an enemy STAND!

I only know of that one scene.

but you know what? it gets funnier without context.

I will however add that Araki drawing food is only half as funny to me as him explaining how scuba gear works for no big reason.

we interrupt this important battle to give you this bitchin' guitar