• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure

tumblr_nu4uvnbk7z1rimgdao1_500.png

tumblr_nu4uvnbk7z1rimgdao2_500.png

tumblr_nu4uvnbk7z1rimgdao3_500.png

tumblr_nu4uvnbk7z1rimgdao4_500.png

tumblr_nu4uvnbk7z1rimgdao5_500.png

tumblr_nu4uvnbk7z1rimgdao6_500.png

tumblr_nu4uvnbk7z1rimgdao7_500.png

tumblr_nu4uvnbk7z1rimgdao8_500.png

Why would Kakyoin, Avdol or Polnareff know English?

Wouldn't it be more likely they all know English, rather than Japanese? Unless we're saying they all knew the other's respective language from their country of origin.

Wouldn't it be more likely they all know English, rather than Japanese? Unless we're saying they all knew the other's respective language from their country of origin.
I always figured they all just knew Japanese. I mean, part 3 starts in Japan anyway, and I doubt Kakyoin knows English or honestly French. I could see Avdol knowing some, and Joseph pretty much had to learn Japanese to be able to communicate with his daughter's family... Only one I see setting it off is Polnareff.

I would assume it could be because Jotaro is a delinquient who probably doesn't go to his english classes. (it's like spanish classes in America)
and the fact that Polnareff is traveling, so he'd have to know a common language, being english.

I always figured they all just knew Japanese. I mean, part 3 starts in Japan anyway, and I doubt Kakyoin knows English or honestly French. I could see Avdol knowing some, and Joseph pretty much had to learn Japanese to be able to communicate with his daughter's family... Only one I see setting it off is Polnareff.

Joseph having to learn Japanese to communicate with his daughter's family? Holly is a native english speaker and her husband is a musician who tours the world, I'm pretty sure they'd all know english. The entire party of members with the EXCEPTION of Jotaro are also travelers, Avdol, Polnareff, and Kakyoin, so I'd expect them to know the most universal language for travelers: English. Also, I seriously have no idea what reason Avdol, a native Egyptian who's friends with the New Yorker real estate tycoon Joseph, would know a lick of Japanese.

Hey, hey, calm down, I was just wondering something and trying to reach a conclusion. No need to be hostile.

Now to hunt down the next picture to be unendingly rationalized.... HAHAHA ineedajob

Bringing an unrelated into play: Any news on a part 5 retranslation?
When i was reading, it was mostly done, like, i got until almost the end of part V in a good scan, and then, at the final ark, i would say, it was old scans.(Thank God i have english as a secondary language, because depending on portuguese got me stuck on part IV).

Okay, ladies and gentleman, i'm going to present you something fabulous and bizarre, now, featuring LoZ, I present to all of you, Liorno Liovanna (A.K.A. The Legend of Liolio's Bizarre Adventure):
latest

Back