• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

USA [Jul 11, 2014] Skullgirls Encore EVO 2014 Official Side Tournament (Las Vegas, NV)

I will only play on a laggy setup hopefully with someone elses incompatible stick

accommodate me plzzzzzzzzzzz

I will only play on a laggy setup hopefully with someone elses incompatible stick
accommodate me plzzzzzzzzzzz
No problemo!
:: erases your name from the list of signups ::

Reactions: Wenzel
Did you not read the bit in parentheses after my name?

Clearly they did not. Bummer for them. :(

I will NOT be accepting name change requests. I have more important shit to do. Like finish making wanted posters.

Reactions: ElkyDori
No problemo!
:: erases your name from the list of signups ::

Hahahahaha, it wasn't even on there to begin with! hahahahahaha

pls sign up you guys ;___;

My reason for the 360 stick is, course I got Skullgirls on Xblox, but also it's more compatable to the Pc, where it's just plug n play. Ps3's you have to goof with some drivers to get going..

I hope I can still perform well on a loaned stick =\ I would like to use mine but eh =\ guess I won't customize it now....

isnt it posible to install a converter inside a stick? does it work like you would think or does it have the same issues normal converters have?

:: adds @Rance to the signup list ::

HEY RANCE YOU HAVEN'T PAID YOUR ENTRY FEE.

how'd you find out!

Is there anywhere we can view the concrete/final rules?
On the old SH we had a thread in the tournaments section with a pro-forma ruleset people could use, but I can't find it anywhere. Is there anything specific you are trying to find out?

isnt it posible to install a converter inside a stick? does it work like you would think or does it have the same issues normal converters have?
You could install a converter inside, but that would make access to it difficult and it doesn't fix the issues that result from translating a signal.
There are other ways to modify your stick to make it compatible with both 360 and PS3.
All of them require you to install a new PCB. All but one of them require you to already have a 360 PCB (because of licensing). Different PCB accomplish this in different ways, but they all create compatible signals instead of translating incompatible ones.

Ordered my PCB now to avoid troubles. Don't want to misrepresent the EU due to silly issues :>

On the old SH we had a thread in the tournaments section with a pro-forma ruleset people could use, but I can't find it anywhere. Is there anything specific you are trying to find out?
Not really. There's just a portion of the sign-up that requests acknowledgement of rules I've never seen or been able to find.

Not really. There's just a portion of the sign-up that requests acknowledgement of rules I've never seen or been able to find.
Rules:
- Don't be late.
- Don't talk back.
- Report your win! Don't assume anyone was watching, and don't assume the loser will be honest about telling us you won.
- If you are in a pool or bracket and have not yet been eliminated STAY THERE.
- If you MUST leave, TELL THE ORGANIZERS. If we cannot find you within a reasonable amount of time, likesay five minutes, you will be given a loss.
- Matches are 2/3, played on PS3 unless you and your opponent both agree to play on something else. Poker is not an acceptable substitute.
- Wireless controllers are allowed but it is strongly recommend that you remove the battery; if you interrupt another match you WILL be disqualified. If a match is interrupted and we cannot find the culprit, wireless controllers will be BANNED FOR EVERYONE from that point onward unless they have their batteries removed. Don't mess it up for everyone else. Yes, this happened before.
- Bring us donuts.
- Any attempt at witty responses to these rules will result in your immediate disqualification and the forfeiture of your entry fee.

i would make a funny but that last rule is making me stay my tongue. I love the "Poker is not an acceptable substitute" part XD Did someone really try that?

- Any attempt at witty responses to these rules will result in your immediate disqualification and the forfeiture of your entry fee.
D-dang! My witty response!

My reason for the 360 stick is, course I got Skullgirls on Xblox, but also it's more compatable to the Pc, where it's just plug n play. Ps3's you have to goof with some drivers to get going..

I hope I can still perform well on a loaned stick =\ I would like to use mine but eh =\ guess I won't customize it now....

Can't you try to get a converter? Before I had my PS3 EVO stick I was using a converter for whenever I'd play Blazblue for example. Hell, I can't remember 100% but I think I probably used one at last year's tournament too.

rules were made to be broken!!!

rules were made to be broken!!!
Bang with the loophole of not being entered or paying a fee yet. Well played, sir. Well played.

Also damn it, more entries, go go. None of this "I'm not good enough" nonsense! Enter to support, have fun, and get experience! Siiiign up ya slackers.

Nah it's fine. Just don't make them witty and you should be good.
I wasn't sure how witty of a response making an intentionally unwitty response was. Kinda trying not to get DQ'd.

before you face Broseidon or Pikmario next, and now you're 0-2 sitting in a Wendy's
Wait, broseidon rex, people think you're a good player?!
*sees that it means you're already in the loser brackets*
Oh well, my bad, it only means you're considered a good FRAUD. That sounds way better :p

Reactions: Broseidon Rex
wait so that means I am good too? da fuck...well, the EU vs US matches are gonna be interesting then
Not only is he a good player............... he's a good man.
of course he's a good man, he plays solobella :)

Can't you try to get a converter? Before I had my PS3 EVO stick I was using a converter for whenever I'd play Blazblue for example. Hell, I can't remember 100% but I think I probably used one at last year's tournament too.
i guess? but I don't have that kind of money nor skill to do =\

What if I DONT bring donuts huh?!
Hold that shit

Which fightstick do you have, anyway?
mlg822.jpg

Updated OP with rules and updated list of entrants. 98 99 as of this post.

100th signup gets a big fat kiss from render. Wherever (on the face) you want it. No tongue.

Last edited:
i guess? but I don't have that kind of money nor skill to do =\
I don't know how much you are willing to spend but I got my xbox controller/stick adapter for 15 dollars on Amazon , I could PM you the link if you want

Updated OP with rules and updated list of entrants. 98 99 as of this post.

100th signup gets a big fat kiss from render. Wherever (on the face) you want it. No tongue.
*resigns up* Can I get a smoochie? =D
I don't know how much you are willing to spend but I got my xbox controller/stick adapter for 15 dollars on Amazon , I could PM you the link if you want
xbox that works for Ps3? Also I wouldn't have the foggiest idea how to do it, much less all my money's tied up for saving to go and rent/bills...

Reactions: earlfriend
*resigns up* Can I get a smoochie? =D

xbox that works for Ps3? Also I wouldn't have the foggiest idea how to do it, much less all my money's tied up for saving to go and rent/bills...
all it is is a usb that you plug your controller into that you plug into the PS3

Reactions: Wenzel
Wasn't people just talking about how bad converters are?
I use converter and I feel no lag whatsoever, but then again I use pad

@Kit Ballard Worst case scenario, I've got a TE you can borrow for your pool as long as we aren't up against each other.

Reactions: Kit Ballard
SonicFox Confirmed bringing pretzels, enraging all players.

As long as they are hard and salty I'm down

Wasn't people just talking about how bad converters are?

It depends on the converter I believe. Some are awful and add noticeable lag for example, but others work just fine.

I use converter and I feel no lag whatsoever, but then again I use pad
Couldn't this just be because you ONLY play on the converter, as opposed to playing on the other system without one? :^)