• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

USA [Jul 11, 2014] Skullgirls Encore EVO 2014 Official Side Tournament (Las Vegas, NV)

I'm guessing there won't be a side stream since Evo tends to murder all the bandwith and cell coverage.

So sad I won't be able to be there.

I'm guessing there won't be a side stream since Evo tends to murder all the bandwith and cell coverage.

So sad I won't be able to be there.
At the very least, there's a halfway decent chance we'll get everything we can recorded and uploaded to youtube, so at least you'll be able to see the tournament after the fact.

At the very least, there's a halfway decent chance we'll get everything we can recorded and uploaded to youtube, so at least you'll be able to see the tournament after the fact.
I hope so, I really wanna see the EU vs USA matches.
Would also love to see what it takes to shoot down broseidon rex.

I hope so, I really wanna see the EU vs USA matches.
Would also love to see what it takes to shoot down broseidon rex.
Do you have a rubberband? Then you know.

Reactions: dragonos451
So do we have the mostly-final numbers yet?

Reactions: Wenzel
Signups for SG don't close for another week yet - it was signups for EVO itself that have closed.

Jesus H Christ. Tell me that the BBCP is a typo. 35k is insane, especially with a quarter of the SF signups.

121 regs, so our total prize pool should be $6,210k right now?

Holy bojangles, that's alotta bones!

121 regs, so our total prize pool should be $6,210k right now?
True but because it's a side tournament, they don't have the numbers themselves like they do for the other ones.

Skullgirls has 121 entrants as of this post. Online reg is open until July 7th. We will also be taking on-site registration.

How does that compare to last year? I know we had 100+ but I can't remember the exact number.

How does that compare to last year? I know we had 100+ but I can't remember the exact number.

I believe it was like 170+ last year

I guess its not realistic to expect numbers as big as last year because we had semi-offical-sort-of-game status

SO! Anyone near Dallas, TX or cutting through willing to give me a lift and Room? I'll help with some expenses, but not too much.. I'm already loosing money going to this. reason i'm asking is cause my ride cut on me and I DON'T WANT TO MISS THIS EVER AGAIN! been hoping to go since forever and when he was going, i followed along... now, a friggin' week to go and he can't x.x

If I do some how making it, can you do a "Kit Ballard!" voice clip for me? *purrs*

Isn't everyone that doesn't win prize money losing money by going? :P
I'm actually loosing money due to ditching work for this. Since I just started (and they are super nice about letting me do this too), I don't have vacation time to tack onto this to make up the money.

Judging from the list at the top of the thread, you'd have better luck asking in the Facebook group.

I'm not going, and I don't see @Krye on the list, and I think we're the only other DFW-ers who are Skullheart regulars.

(Looks like konkrete beat me to it.)

We had ~170 pre-reg last year. By the start of the tourney, we had >200
Ah I see, thanks.

I guess its not realistic to expect numbers as big as last year because we had semi-offical-sort-of-game status
Yeah, I'd argue that's part of the reason for the lower numbers.

Isn't everyone that doesn't win prize money losing money by going? :P
Well it IS Vegas, one could still hope for a miracle while betting :V

render gonna be feeding your entries into the slot machines to fund future characters.

Three Fortune Heads in a row for the big bucks

:PUN: :PUN: :PUN:

Reactions: Broseidon Rex
Someone please make a Skullgirls slot machine. George, character emblems, fortune head, salty Umbrella, Skullcat...

I'm sure SNK Playmore can make you one, or failing that a Pachinko machine

Someone please make a Skullgirls slot machine. George, character emblems, fortune head, salty Umbrella, Skullcat...

yfw you get three lock'n'loads and the machine throws a three year old cat skeleton at you

Reactions: Broseidon Rex
SO! Anyone near Dallas, TX or cutting through willing to give me a lift and Room? I'll help with some expenses, but not too much..
You're waiting until now to do room plans..?
You should go check the Evo Room sharing thread.

render gonna be feeding your entries into the slot machines to fund future characters.

Don't joke about that dude ;_;

Although it sounds like the tourney might not get streamed, does either EightySixed or LabZero plan on running any stream during EVO weekend? If they are, I'd love to help get the word out.