• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

USA [Jul 11, 2014] Skullgirls Encore EVO 2014 Official Side Tournament (Las Vegas, NV)

Were these skill seeded at all or just region seeded? Just curious.

yeah can like
one of the 3 other east coast people I play in tournament on the EC all the time NOT be in my pool?

Mostly region seeded. (EDIT: Actually, pretty much 100% region seeded, so please don't read into my choice of the word "mostly.") So if there's a serious over representation in a particular region, I'm open to adjusting things.

yeah can like
one of the 3 other east coast people I play in tournament on the EC all the time NOT be in my pool?

I'm short on time to get this tournament shit in order, and you didn't really save me any time by telling me who the hell you're referring to, so no. If you're helpful instead, then maybe. :D

It's sonicfox
But as you're the one running it, its your decision to change it.

Yeah i play sage and we talk all the time like what is this lol

Well, there was no way for me to know that, was there? :) You guys don't talk to me.

@SonicFox5000 , you're now in pool 16.

Well, there was no way for me to know that, was there? :) You guys don't talk to me.

@SonicFox5000 , you're now in pool 16.
Thank you <33333

i signed up a while ago but didn't come home until today.

gettin hype for evo!

So my pool is at 5? Would probably prefer playing sooner but I can't complain given that I have nothing else to do that day (besides trying out Xrd).

Looking forward to fighting Duckator as my first match because it wouldn't be the first time at a major I fight one of the top ranked players first.

Welp, let me at those $150 then.

Looking forward to fighting Duckator as my first match because it wouldn't be the first time at a major I fight one of the top ranked players first.

Welp, let me at those $150 then.

He may have a King's crown, but you have the Dickstick. You got this.

Reactions: Muro
Is the order of the pools that have been posted the order that will determine who plays who (e.g. 1v2, 3v4, ... 9vBye), or will it be rearranged ahead of the tournament?

whew... won't have a repeat of the online tourney... Eyoel isn't in my pool. Granted I dono the rest, still, I didn't want my butt handed to me by him so early like that online tourney XD

Go ahead and start placing your bets on me, the one true dark horse of this tournament.

Reactions: Hilary
Go ahead and start placing your bets on me, the one true dark horse of this tournament.
Pretty sure this tournament is humans-only.

Pretty sure this tournament is humans-only.

You heard it first people 99% 100% of the skullgirls cast is now banned

2 PM, no conflicts, and I'm not facing MCPeanuts in the first round again. I'm a happy boy.

Reactions: mcpeanuts
@render me and @Chilldog tweeted this as well, but we have been consistent training partners for 3 years. Is there any way we could be in different pools?

Reactions: Hilary
are you guys going to account for regional seeding at all for those who register at evo?

Online registration is now closed. 140 entrants at present. We'll draft up the pools and post a schedule tomorrow.

I should note that the following entrants have not yet paid their $10 entry fee. If you don't pay before Tuesday, you will be required to pay the on-site registration fee of $15. You can pay your registration fee here: http://tinyurl.com/lgq2bou

Victor S.
@Chavelo
Zeldias
@CFC_JSmooth
@Shin ATproof
@GirlyStyle

thanks for the reminder, done and done

Oh, there's my name. Pool 13. All I can do is wait to see the bracket so I can guess at how far I would have made it.

are you guys going to account for regional seeding at all for those who register at evo?

We'll try to take it into consideration, yes.

@render me and @Chilldog tweeted this as well, but we have been consistent training partners for 3 years. Is there any way we could be in different pools?

@Chilldog - You are now in pool 9.
Dark Adelheid, you are now in pool 3.

I LOVE YOU EARL YOU ARE THE BEST

Oh, there's my name. Pool 13. All I can do is wait to see the bracket so I can guess at how far I would have made it.
Zid I'm crying

Zid I'm crying
I'm tearing up myself. On the plus side, I will both never take a flight arriving at night and never take a flight to a tournament on Friday again.

Pool 16. Awesomesauce. Given that I'm at EVO for work, it's nice to be so late in the afternoon. Maybe stuff will have settled down by then.

... hell, who am I kidding? If it's half as busy as it was last year at the modding table, I'll be fried by the end of that day. At least I'm expecting to just work this time as opposed thinking I'll actually get to hang out with people. Unless you come by the table, most of you guys won't ever see me until Sunday night (if I'm not too dead).

Me, Shin, Severine and Elky in the same pool with only 9 of us? Ouch

CHILLDOG ISN'T IN POOL 3 ANYMORE?!

O FREE