• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Kamen Rider +maybe weekly Drive updates

kamen rider onebigmess dekagiixfaicyjocau-kyun

Truly the most imaginative rider ever, Wait until his ultimate form Kamen rider one bigmess Ultishisurblastkiarmhypecliempdeextputcosinfkiw form.

Reactions: SanoBaron
I already have the gold and silver apples though, so, more excited for more Baron.

you can tell Yutaka is so happy to do Kaito stuff again. He's trying to hide it so hard,

Since the Apple-lockseeds work similar to Melon (Shoulder pads and stuff) maybe Zangetsu uses this one, would be cool. Other than that: Bring on the Mango, it's hammertime!

I am getting quite hyped for this although given how long some subs take I imagine this will take quite a while to be released.

isn't it a DVD release? If it is it shouldn't take that long.

April 22 in Japan, so Pre-orders are probably a must on this one to get the Taboo Apple Lockseed, if it is one you are after.

...I might go for it.

I don't really want the lockseed, but if they do a pack with the DVD (that's what it looks like) and I find it for a good price I might get it.

the gold and silver apple lockseeds are also pretty sweet.
instead of an invess game gimmick you just get an opening and closing of a helheim zipper.
which I like since it adds to an overlord storyline.
gonna get kiwami next week. then my metamorphosis will be complete!

Yeah the Gold & Silver ones are really sweet, I enjoy them a lot. Gold especially since I love Mars' design, and the voice is really awesome on this one. Plus epic Baron chant.

I hope my metamorphosis will be complete soon, it's December, come on Yomotsuheguri.

I actually like silver better.
it's hype, it has really cool sounds with the finishers, and the silver charge has a sick guitar riff.
a shame his actual suit doesn't look as cool as Mars.

For people who have watched Kiva
Does the guy in this image, saying this guy to be vague about who he is
images

Look like the actor Matt smith who played the 11th doctor?
Doctor_Who_s_Matt_Smith_to_make_TV_directing_debut.jpg

I have a feeling a japanese toku version of doctor who would be amazing.

we all know he would have a henshin phase and it would be amazing.

Reactions: Cybermanworf
I think one of my friends made the good comparison that doctor who is the sort of equivalent to kamen rider with them being highly popular sci fi shows that have been around for over years with long break in the 90s separating the series, although doctor who being less actiony in comparison to kamen rider.

fun fact, the 3 movie villains from Gaim and Jam all represent the four horseman of the apocalypse.

Just watched the raw of Drive Episode 0, and now there's no doubt: Chase was Proto-Drive. I mean the black/purple color-scheme, Belt-San recognizing Chase while saying Chasers armor was based on Proto-Drive and Chaser being unable to shoot Kiriko were already huge giveaways, but Proto-Drive has the exact same voice, personality and body language as Chase/Mashine Chaser.

He doesn’t show his face or something, but hearing Proto-Drive talk and seeing him fight says everything. I was surprised how much they nailed his movements, in one scene he fights against a Roidmude and after hitting him Proto-Drive just walks calmly forward and punches again, that's exactly the same move he did while fighting Drive after equipping the Spider Viral-Core. They probably used the same suit-actor to achieve that, and they nailed it. So good in fact, that even without the voice you would recognize the character.

I'll watch it again once they have subbed it, because there where some scenes with Proto-Drive and the Roidmudes where I'm eager to find out what they where talking about.

Reactions: Cybermanworf
Oh and I forgot, there's a Kamen Rider 3 now apparently. Not V3, 3. A new Showa Rider, he appeared in a manga that took place between Kamen Rider 1 and V3. He will appear in the next Kamen Rider Taisen, and he will have a car. Interesting, seems like he will battle with Drive. Anyway, that's what the guy looks like:

Kamen-Rider-3-Detail.jpg

GAH! those leather shoulder pads!
-war memories of the next emerge-

I can just imagine the plot line for kamen rider three the movie.

Three " I am super butthurt that the new era of riders now has more riders than the old era, Imma kick the new guys ass.
Drive " Huh, old riders huh, with all this talk of generations I must some of my comrades to help me.
Three " Well I will summon my comrades to fight you"
Riders of old and new don't fight but have friendly greetings
Three" huh well that didn't go as planned, Friends? "
Drive " Friends"

Nah, would not work, misunderstanding happens and then they all fight each other again.

Or all rider team up to fight against something again and be losing until the new anniversary rider Kamen rider one big mess: KuuAgiRyuFaiBlaHibKabDenKivDecDouOOOFouWizGaiDri form, shows up.

Also I noticed that you added an 8 bit version of surprise drive on your signature thingy @Detective Q.

can I be honest with you guys?
as of right now, I'm not really liking Drive.
it's mainly Shinnosuke. I feel he's kinda bland...
I don't hate it, I just find the main characters just kinda boring....
I still love the opening by my favorite rider villain.

can I be honest with you guys?
as of right now, I'm not really liking Drive.
it's mainly Shinnosuke. I feel he's kinda bland...
I don't hate it, I just find the main characters just kinda boring....
I still love the opening by my favorite rider villain.

That is perfectly fine, you are free to your opinion of not liking the main character of the show, unfortunately some rider series have had the issues of the main characters doesn't have that a great a story as the secondary rider.

I would keep waiting until Mach comes in maybe you will feel better then.

tbh, I just wish that his other forms allowed his personality to change a bit.
like type wild made him hot blooded, while technique made him more like Philip from W.
and his personality keeps changing till we get this awesome police guy who just loves justice so much.
it's just right not Shinnosuke just feels like a regular shounen.
a story revolving around Mashine Chaser would be cool too.

and yes, hopefully mach might bring back my interests.

I am fine with how Shinnosuke's personality at the moment.

The moment where I really started loving the guy was when in episode 6 when instead of proclaiming that even though he may not be right about everyone he helps, he will help those who truly need the help in my not so great way of remembering how he said it.

Although these are all matters of opinion on the matter. Drive is going fine for me so far and I am really enjoying what drive is doing so far with it's story and characters.

I'll still keep up with it, but this could be like a Wizard thing.

that or Agito could be hurting my experience, since Hikawa is my favorite character and I could be constantly comparing him and Shinnosuke.

which isn't really fair. because Hikawa is perf. as is his figuarts.

I didn't think of it that way but yeah while Shinnosuke is good, the cop characters are really good in both Kuuga and Agito.

Sumiko is great as well.

Watched episode 10, pretty awesome! Drive seems to finally get some motion now, more story. Heart is awesome by the way, someone make a figure of this guy, I want it!

The backstory behind Belt-San reminds me of Mega Man in a way, with Dr. Light & Dr. Wily and their creations fighting against each other. You'll see what I mean once you watch the episode.

Also: Mach makes a shadowy appearance next week.

And the boss is still the best:

p237669q.jpg

q35w7vlp.jpg

y6dkbrnw.jpg

cz98jpmt.jpg

tbh, I just wish that his other forms allowed his personality to change a bit.

Why should his personality change when he uses different forms? That's like if you get angry once you put red socks on. Makes no sense. His approach to fighting changes, that's the important part. He does learn something about himself everytime before he's able to use the new forms though.

Reactions: SanoBaron
I dunno. I guess I just see Shinnosuke as this blank slate they aren't doing anything with.
like, all of the other characters are more interesting.
and not like in the OOO way either...
I just want him to develop more y'know.

He will probably develop more over time, they are probably giving him a slow arc to develop him over time. If only small compare shinnosuke from before when he was really reluctant to be kamen rider to now, he has changed quite a bit since then.

It's episode 10. Think of how much Shotaro, Philip or Eiji where developed at that time. I don't remember them being particular interesting back then. And Kouta was boring until the whole "I killed Yuya"-thing in the mid twenties, and then slept until episode 40 (!) when he got the development he needed.

And I'm very much enjoying Shinnosuke learning before he achieved the new forms. The one before Wild that questioned his entire view of morality and justice was very well done.

I dunno.
for all we know Drive could be my Wizard.

For all what's true, this show only had 10 episodes. Gaim was still about streetdancing at that point.

yeah but we were also at, like, 7 riders by that time.
and Oren was there.
being the most fabulous.

:< I really am not trying to sound like I'm trying to piss on anyone's parade or anything. I'm just not as gung ho about it as much as you two.
I'm still gonna keep up with it and I'm not saying I hate it. I want to make that perfectly clear.

I dunno.
for all we know Drive could be my Wizard.
I am partially amused and disappointed by Wizard being consider the benchmark for not great rider series, I want to stop disliking you wizard I want to, but I should get around to watching you again after I am done rewatching fourze...... for the 4th time.

We are well aware you don't hate it and it is more of a case there are just somethings which you dislike, I guess we are just talking about alot since there it is quite a different opinion from the other opinions here so far.

There might be more people who don't thing in drive but we haven't them yet since other than us three, occasionally Cyber beta, paperbag sniper if he starts watching drive there are not that many people on this particular thread.

To be fair let me bring up somethings I dislike about Drive
I don't like the nerdy guy in the team, he is like the only member of the cast I don't like.
I don't like how occasionally they do stuttery things with the camera, or repeat a second of footage or have very slight slowdowns of the action.

Well there weren't that many things I dislike but hey no series can be perfect, you might warm up to shinnosuke at some point or not it happens.

Guys, full scan of Kamen rider mach. I know we have had partially images of him already but this first full image I have seen of him, so there you go.

So when is kamen rider Stig?

tumblr_ngi4wtvFbw1tcbqr9o5_1280.jpg

that tire is certainly gonna be a figuart nightmare.

nice design though.

Subs for Episode 0 are out too, if someone's interested I can give you a direct download link, no torrent.

Holy shit, this episode is this, we have a three part episode essentially, oh my god.

You know how in double Shotaro had problems fighting terror because of the terror goo, what I like what they did in drive to make belt fear Heart was not fear goo but just because he was quite the brutal badass, god damn this was a really good episode so far.

I just watched through episode zero of drive and god damn it was good, was expecting their to be more proto drive, who is obviously chase by the way, but hey it was cool.

I am near the end of Agito, I would be posting when I got to the end of Agito but god damn it, nothing good happens to Ryou nothing, it is like the writer of the series went out to make Ryou's characters be nothing good happens to him and if anything good does happen it will go to being bad anyways.

you did say it yourself
being Gills is suffering.
maybe he takes on other's woes so that they don't have to deal with the bad things in their life?
;-;7 late-god bless you Gills.

How far are you into the series @SanoBaron
Because like Ryou is always suffering, Hojou is always nearly always smeghead it is like another reoccuring a thing in Agito, I need to see if this applies to other characters.