• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Marvel vs Capcom 2

Mormon Jesus isn't real Jesus, though. They use the unofficial sequel to the bible: "The Legend of Curly's Gold."

Reactions: Dime
(A month later)
some reason it keeps not registering my tiger knee inputs for AHVB (pretty sure it's dropping my inputs since I can do tiger knees in SF4 easily) and can't tell if I'm just not doing fast fly fast enough or if it's dropping/laggin for it too.
You can't input the TK motion before hitstop finishes or it won't come out, and you are TKing a SUPERjump because only SJs will cancel from normals, so you have to go from D to U fast enough for it to register as a superjump. As an example with Cable, do s.RH, then wait a REALLY LONG TIME after it hits, and do neutral,D,DF,F,UF,U(wait a few frames), Jab+Fierce.

What's the best way to play this game?
Best to worst, in order:
Dreamcast = arcade >> PS3/360 >>>>>> XBox >> PS2.
do people even play this offline anymore?
You betcha they do!
and how fast am I supposed to input fast fly to combo?
8 frames or so.
Just do D,DB,B+KK,UF+Short all as one motion and it'll happen pretty consistently.

I was at a session last night where i got to play a bunch of marvel 2 casuals and it was a lot of fun.

Was working more on my Rogue/Sabrewulf/Omega Red team

oh many i just love marvel 2 sets of low tier characters purely

I still play this time to time. Used to play quite often online also. My teams consist of Megaman (Battle not spam), Tron, Bb. My Alt team is Tron, Jill, Sakura. =3

Also, I took this screen cap LONG time ago from my 360.. Can you tell me what went wrong? XD
83330278.jpg

I still play this time to time. Used to play quite often online also. My teams consist of Megaman (Battle not spam), Tron, Bb. My Alt team is Tron, Jill, Sakura. =3

Also, I took this screen cap LONG time ago from my 360.. Can you tell me what went wrong? XD
83330278.jpg
no one is using magneto storm cable or sentinal

13425924263150.gif

I solved the mystery. Sentinal is Sentinel spelled the way Yipes pronounces it.

Sentinál is the festive, party-themed mutant-hunting flying killer robot.

Reactions: Kai
Man, now I wanna hear Yipes do SG commentary.

Also, some people are awesome like that Mike Z fella and VDO. S tier is for suckers

Sentinal is Sentinel spelled the way Yipes pronounces it.
Yeah! Or. You know. The way it's been spelled in comic books for half a century, like the actual word sentinel.
250px-First_Sentinel.jpg

Yeah! Or. You know. The way it's been spelled in comic books for half a century, like the actual word sentinel.
I think that you're not getting that there's a friendly communal joke in progress, here :)

Reactions: mcpeanuts
Why can't Thanos tech air throws in this game? Is that a glitch? Can Thanos actually tech air throws and @alexpi doesn't know what he's talking about?

Man, now I wanna hear Yipes do SG commentary.
"Okay, now here's coming the princess, La Princesa! Man, you know I love me some redheads! Orale! Wacha!"

I think that you're not getting that there's a friendly communal joke in progress, here :)
I don't. I don't even get half the SG jokes, tbh. What am I doing in the Marvel 2 thread.

You know, Sentinal. Cyclup's friend. Lives down the street from Cabel.
I actually lol'd out loud. That' doesn't happen to often. Here is a "like" for you.

And yes, long live Fukua @Mike_Z... let's not all forget how that began.

How did that happen?
Beats me. Was online when it happened. I tagged in Jill and Doom Dived in. I was laughing so hard. Luckily the guy had a mic and let me kick on my capture tool to get a screen shot. Was able to do normal attacks fine then promptly crashed when I tried to do a special attack XD

Last edited:
Reactions: Cellsai
Eeeeeexcept that he can TECH airthrows. He just doesn't HAVE an airthrow.

[edit]
Don't trust wikis that don't use correct grammar. "The Titan Crush is a much more trickier special to use."

Is him not having an air throw intentional or a design feature? Are there other characters without air throws or just him?

Is him not having an air throw intentional or a design feature? Are there other characters without air throws or just him?
It seems like a mistake, possibly a leftover from the fact that he didn't have one in MSH. Anakaris got an air command throw when they added him to the game so that he would have an air throw.

Hey, so i decided to take a casual look into Mahvel 2. Not to be competitive or anything like that, but just so i can say: hey, i played marvel 2.

So, the thing is, how to get the game, like, the marvel pack on xbox live is not available anymore, and there isn't marvel 2 for fightcade.

So, what i should do, look for a dreamcast emulator? or there is emulation for the arcade release? Considering that the game is very old, i don't think there is a legit way for me to get the game, even if i could, so this is why i'm asking.

Also, what would be a good place to start, the characters i'm slightly interested are psylocke and cable, so, they go together, what should be my third character if they go well together, and so on?

Depends how you like to play. Psy and Cable don't work super great together, but whatevs. As long as you're not picking up Dan or Roll, you're fine.

Be honest, how many times has he killed you with his raging demon?

In what platform you guys play? :/

So, if i can make anything, i'll pick chun psylocke and cable or magneto, or something like that.

This game has about 12-16 characters depending on who you ask and how lenient they are, some also just say 4-5 haha.

@Sotherius

If you want to play Magneto AND Psylocke, just put Storm in between them and you're set.

Plenty of characters totally work with Cable, but he does not compliment Mag/Psy all that incredibly well. Cable loooves Sent/CapCom/Spiral/Blackheart/Cyclops/IM etc

So, someone managed to dig up so footage from ye olden dayes. Just casual matches, but it's from before JWong settled on team matrix.

If you're interested in seeing old marvel 2 vids, zakhd.com is pretty much the motherlode. You can see a whole bunch of wacky shit like high level players using Cammy, people using Sonson for her AA assist, and Mike using Magneto and fucking Hulk in a team.

Man, J Wong ran Cammy for years. Cannon Spike is a legit DP assist.

I have both PS3 and 360 editions.

I am terrible so if anyone who's new wants to play, let me know.

Sorry for necrobumping.

It's more that all USEFUL tech is found. It's certainly not true that only the top tiers have been explored.
Sure, if some glitch exists in a new version that makes Dan able to kill you in one touch from anywhere then that's a thing, but outside that type of esoteric junk it's all done.
There is certainly tech that's under-used, like with Doom vs flying Sentinel if you do air super and he attempts to fly above it you can DHC to your next character and the camera will drag Sentinel down into the beams during the superflash without him being able to block, but in most cases, like I said, lack of options compared to the god-tier is what keeps most characters from mattering. All of the god-tier characters except Cable can do overhead/low/left/right mixups, all of them can do 100% damage, and they either have mobility options that let them run circles around everyone else or in Cable's case anti-mobility options that mean a lot of characters just can't do anything.

Where does Dhalsim fit into all this? I've heard that he's a low key secret top tier with a lot of potential but never seen any top player or even mid level player terrorise with a Dhalsim ever. Was he discovered too late in the game's lifespan to matter?

Sorry for necrobumping.

Where does Dhalsim fit into all this? I've heard that he's a low key secret top tier with a lot of potential but never seen any top player or even mid level player terrorise with a Dhalsim ever. Was he discovered too late in the game's lifespan to matter?
He has the speed/rushdown/mixup game but where he lacks is damage output on a clean hit and execution for his rush down is MUCH more difficult than mag/storm. Without going into details, its basically that.

Since we're bringing back the MvC2 thread, if anyone is interested in playing a few rounds on the PS3 version, give me a heads up

Where does Dhalsim fit into all this?
Dan basically hit it - he's harder to use than M/S, and he does less damage. He also has very little health, his DHCs in are bad, and he's the only character in the game that you can combo after sweeping them, so lots of things that are rollable for everyone else are just combos on Dhalsim.

Does Jill's slide not count as a sweep? I think you can combo off anyone with it, though the link can be a little tight.