• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

[May 22, 2015] Combo Breaker 2015 (Rosemont, IL)

Status
Not open for further replies.
CGFWFoq.jpg

I need to stop waiting until the last minute for things but we finally in there. :)
Can't wait to meet everyone! See you in the windy city.

Hey, can we setup an SGC deep dish pizza party or something?

Because I was kinda serious about that. I want the biggest, thickest, meatiest deep dish pizza available. I also want to enjoy it with my peeps.

Hey, can we setup an SGC deep dish pizza party or something?

Because I was kinda serious about that. I want the biggest, thickest, meatiest deep dish pizza available. I also want to enjoy it with my peeps.
Anyone getting there Thursday is welcome to try to organize SG karaoke. Because I've been wanting to do this and an event where everyone is gathered seems like the best time.

Pizza parties should be kept at a reasonable number of people IMO. 8-10 folks ordering pizza for themselves is manageable. 20-30 people can get a little nutso without some decent coordination.

I think a SG freestyle rap battle would be much more entertaining. But no matter what, we demand a stream of this event.

Skull Girls Karaoke? Can we sing one of Big Band's greatest hits, "Oooooh~! Horn Crush My SweetHeart!"

I think a SG freestyle rap battle would be much more entertaining. But no matter what, we demand a stream of this event.

I have a stupid amount of hot 16's I'll set everyone on fire we out here.

Oh, am I in charge of the music now?

AM I LAYING DOWN

THE SICK BEATS?
You're Michael Buffering it already, so yeah. Think more like 15 sec clips, though, and not the 17 min intros in mma/boxing.

I will go so hard in karaoke good fucking lord.

Was hoping you'd be the first to respond to the karaoke and was even thinking of tagging you.

Which Ke$ha song we gonna knock out of the park homie

(gonna have to slow down the hype train a BIT because coordinating fun times with this many people is a fucking NIGHTMARE and it's probably better to figure it out once we're all there)

That being said yeah I'm 110% down to karaoke with the SGC

Was hoping you'd be the first to respond to the karaoke and was even thinking of tagging you.

Which Ke$ha song we gonna knock out of the park homie

(gonna have to slow down the hype train a BIT because coordinating fun times with this many people is a fucking NIGHTMARE and it's probably better to figure it out once we're all there)

That being said yeah I'm 110% down to karaoke with the SGC

I know Your Love Is My Drug by heart.

EDIT: To hell with it, we're doing the whole cast

Either
or

]please don't kill me mike
[/SIZE]

Either
or

Put your headphones on unless no one nearby is easily offended

Last edited:
You're Michael Buffering it already, so yeah. Think more like 15 sec clips, though, and not the 17 min intros in mma/boxing.
I was kind of expecting to be doing it from the stage, but hey if the setup's there, I don't see any reason why I can't hit play and stop if necessary.

I was kind of expecting to be doing it from the stage, but hey if the setup's there, I don't see any reason why I can't hit play and stop if necessary.
I mean, we can have somebody pressing the buttons, that's not a big thing. I'm saying that it's your baby, so I'm gonna go ahead and let you gather that information :P

I mean, we can have somebody pressing the buttons, that's not a big thing. I'm saying that it's your baby, so I'm gonna go ahead and let you gather that information :P
Okay, in that case, HEY EVERYBODY:

If you're going to CB and you think you might be in a position wherein you will have entrance music, get it on mp3 and bring it with you on a flash drive or something that we can plug into what I presume will be a laptop hooked up to the sound system(?). If you want to be extra helpful, put your name in the file name so we can easily know what belongs to whom. You can also throw a message to me over any number of social media about what you want to use and maybe I'll throw that into a document or something.

But, ultimately, it is your responsibility to put the music in my hands at the venue because I am a VERY busy and VERY important man who might not necessarily have the time to go digging up every song that everybody potentially wants to use in my own precious free time.

ALSO: if you have some ideas on how you'd like to be introduced, feel free to message me about it and we can work out something for you, because that's a thing I really would like to have as locked down as possible before I head out because I don't know how much time I'm going to have to write all this down and rehearse it at the tournament itself.

It's probably better to get it to you before then, right? If you have all the info beforehand, I can have the files ready to go without you having to wrangle a bunch of people at the event itself.

@POS Industries
The way Evo did it the years they had entrance themes was not "give it to us beforehand" it was, you have until something like 3 hr after the pools conclude to provide your music for the next day.
So think about it beforehand but no need to give it to anyone until your spot's decided.

It's probably better to get it to you before then, right? If you have all the info beforehand, I can have the files ready to go without you having to wrangle a bunch of people at the event itself.
Oh, well, if you're at least going to help me get the files together then people can go right ahead and message me with what they want.

That said, I still recommend players bring their own copies of the files to CB as well, because relying on me to remember things is a gamble you may not win.

@POS Industries
The way Evo did it the years they had entrance themes was not "give it to us beforehand" it was, you have until something like 3 hr after the pools conclude to provide your music for the next day.
So think about it beforehand but no need to give it to anyone until your spot's decided.
Ah, thanks for the insight. I'll keep that under consideration.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back