• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

[May 22, 2015] Combo Breaker 2015 (Rosemont, IL)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just realized that we have so many attendants that we're not going to be able to fit everyone in one "Skullgirls room" this time. We're probably going to have multiple hotel rooms for Skullgirls casuals/parties because not everyone is going to be able to fit in one room again.

We've truly made it guys.

Just realized that we have so many attendants that we're not going to be able to fit everyone in one "Skullgirls room" this time.

The struggle of having an actual major.

We should try to cram everyone into one room to get a group shot.

Just realized that we have so many attendants that we're not going to be able to fit everyone in one "Skullgirls room" this time. We're probably going to have multiple hotel rooms for Skullgirls casuals/parties because not everyone is going to be able to fit in one room again.

We've truly made it guys.

The Combo Breaker venue is open 24/7 during the weekend. Our venue floor features dedicated setups for our tournament games that are open for casual play when pools aren't in progress (which includes traditional after-hours casuals time). You shouldn't have to cram anyone, anywhere for casuals.

Please get drunk at the bar and play games in the venue. The hotel staff would greatly, greatly appreciate that. You'll also likely smell better. This many people in a single, or even a few, hotel rooms isn't gonna work well.

People are still talking like they need salty rooms? With this 24/7 venue, there's no need to crowd into a hotel room like a fuccboi. What do you think this is? EVO?
68747470733a2f2f7261772e6769746875622e636f6d2f7363686d6963682f6b617070612f6d61737465722f6173736574732f6b617070612e706e67

I feel like this is gonna be a good weekend

Whatcha want me to bring? We ready for Drunk SG Round 2?

Both you and your liver are weak

Nah I just don't do alcohol. Now games.... I can do games.
Never been in a 24/7 venue before but it sounds right up my alley. Really looking forward to this the more it draws near.

Not a fan of whiskey or vodka (I am neither a true American nor Russian ;-;) but I am one for fruity drinks and classy things. It's no coincidemce I grew up in wine country socal, so ofc I'm a lightweight and a pansy

I'd imagine this event's gonna get me smashed anyways though

Mcpeanuts let's drink one Long Island each then play each other with the opponent's team in a FT7 for $1.
Haha I'm all about this. Time to work on my Fortune

Reactions: FuLLBLeeD
I like the idea of just making this the standard money match for the weekend.

I like the idea of just making this the standard money match for the weekend.
We did an entire tournament of it one night at GU and it was a lot of fun.

Haha I'm all about this. Time to work on my Fortune

Basically even if Fortune/Peacock dies we both know how to play Big Band. And you gotta be drunk to enjoy Big Band mirrors.

Basically even if Fortune/Peacock dies we both know how to play Big Band. And you gotta be drunk to enjoy Big Band mirrors.

I got $10 on McNuts being the first to parry.

We should all take a shot for my homie, Keninblack, who cannot partake in the partaking.

Reactions: mcpeanuts
Yeah I'd personally only like to drink a couple of beers but nothing really past that. caffeine will be needed for all night friendlies tho

Gee whiz I can't wait for 2017 when I can partake in the festivities. ;___;

Thank the lord for apple juice and tobaccieeee.

Don't do the smokes! ;_;

Reactions: Zephyrel
good thing im not leaving chicago until tuesday; gonna need to sleep off the booze :^)

Reactions: dekillsage
Um, back on the subject, since my car is looking kinda grim, I'm bussing in on Greyhound.

What is the easiest way to get from Greyhound to venue?

Um, back on the subject, since my car is looking kinda grim, I'm bussing in on Greyhound.

What is the easiest way to get from Greyhound to venue?
Greyhound lets off right next to Clinton (a blue line station), so you should be able to walk to it from your drop off, and ride it all the way to the airport. From there, you can catch a shuttle to the venue.

Reactions: dapurplesharpie
Thinking I should clarify since I'm the sober type normally.

I meant "Drink in the bar, not in your room." Being social is good.

Also meant "Play games in the venue; more leg room, less body odor confinement."

Have fun guys. You're all so close to breaking 100 for the first time since I can remember at a Non-EVO event. Really want to see it happen.

I'm not playing @Yaya who actually knows how to parry so this is not a smart bet, no.
The secret to parrying is to not actually commit to anything and just option select crossunder/not crossunder setups like a shitlord.

Reactions: Mr Peck
Lets play solo Big Band 2/3 mirrors. Every time you parry, the other person takes a shot.
GRABBING EVERYTIME

Reactions: dekillsage
Status
Not open for further replies.