• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

[May 22, 2015] Combo Breaker 2015 (Rosemont, IL)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So... Saturday Night Salt is an auction tournament now?!
lolol no, just in that section to save space on the flyer :)

We're still doing the 3v3 tourney and grudge matches.

I can't imagine I'll be able to commentate. I'm down to PG-13 it up, i've gotten better at it but i'm probably not on the list of peeps which is fine haha.

I do hope people bring the A game though <3

Also what grudge matches do you guys have in mind? I have 3 lined up and was trying to find a slot or place to do them but I guess we out here?

Hey everyone!

Wanted to stop in and say hi now that the schedule is out. I'm hoping the volume of pools, special events, and Top 8 placement makes everyone feel like their emotional investment in Combo Breaker has been worthwhile. I know I appreciate the support you all have shown, and its even helped my personal feelings towards the tourney on some rough days. I've very hopeful that ending the busiest day of the weekend in the venue with SG on the Main Stage turns more/new heads way.

Please don't roofie me, I can't afford the downtime that weekend.

Also what grudge matches do you guys have in mind? I have 3 lined up and was trying to find a slot or place to do them but I guess we out here?

NCV vs Luna FT5 or 7??
MWisk vs MrPeck FT5 or 7??
Cloud vs Skar FT7
I think it'd be great to have those on SNS :)

If they're all confirmed, let me know and I'll put 'em on the list.

ft7, at least for the top billing. more games is more fun, at least if it's not a blowout.

If time constraints are fine with all being FT7 thats fine.

Time constraints its all FT5 cept Skar Cloud.

They all confirmed on twitter we in there <3 I rounded it up yaash <3

Aww, I don't get any grudge matches? I wanna be mad at everyone.
'Mike Z vs the Bombastic Forum Poster" or "Why I'm nerfing/buffing/doing nothing to Character X and can still beat you easily"

Reactions: Kai
If time constraints are fine with all being FT7 thats fine.

Time constraints its all FT5 cept Skar Cloud.

They all confirmed on twitter we in there <3 I rounded it up yaash <3
Sounds good to me, we've got our matches. If you don't mind, Pat, can you be my cowboy <3 and help me round up them lil doggies when the time comes? muah muah

Sounds good to me, we've got our matches. If you don't mind, Pat, can you be my cowboy <3 and help me round up them lil doggies when the time comes? muah muah

NOTTA PROOOBLEM <3

pogchamp_by_twitchkreygasm-d81hs8a.png

Even sandbagging I get further than you, though. <3
i mean if you want to brag about beating me when i clearly wasn't at my best i mean sure. but if you had to take a 5 hour bus ride on 3 hours of sleep and the bus is too uncomfortable to sleep in then i'm sure you wouldn't be able to play at your best either. i wonder what would've happened if you came to your originally assigned pool at evo....

that's fine i'm not really interested in running this on stream anyways. more of a chance i'll play against real mike if i'm off stream anyways

Hey guys, popping in since I'll be carrying a chunk of pools on Friday, and top 16/SNS. Re: profanity on intro songs/commentary; intro songs will be piped over the PA, it doesn't have to be a radio edit but don't roll in with IDFWU or anything.

I personally might have slightly more strict language rules for my stream than the event's; it's not going to be puritanical or anything but I'll talk to commentators regarding it when time rolls around.

Great job with the turnout numbers, and glad to see you guys get some shine on the main stage for top 8. :3

So I just got on the Internet and suddenly I signed up for a grudge match against someone I have no beef with and have played once or twice and apparently confirmed that I wanted to do that via Twitter?

I mean I hate to be that guy who lets everyone down and kills the community but I'd really rather watch a more meaningful match.

I don't think there's any real grudges in SG at the moment that I'm aware of since we're all a bunch of softies

So I just got on the Internet and suddenly I signed up for a grudge match against someone I have no beef with and have played once or twice and apparently confirmed that I wanted to do that via Twitter?

I mean I hate to be that guy who lets everyone down and kills the community but I'd really rather watch a more meaningful match.
keninblack said "skar," and I just assumed that was you. No?

O fuck I assumed you were in the know ;___; hahaha whoops

Well do you want to do it? Its just a set for like a set, no "beef" needed. Only one with actual beef is Mike and Negus and its like weenie hut jr type beef.

Rooting for 8 randoms to make Top 8 so all this talk about entrance music was pointless and nobody has any idea what to play
Note to self: Grab 8 random tracks just in case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back